RBE (Resource Based Economy)

You have the mind of a fucking child you idiot.
Simply taking money out of the equation doesnt improve anything.

Anything?

Anything except a LOT of crime, divorces, wars, companies buying great inventions because of the competition, and a whole slew of other things. But don't let those things get in your way of calling me childish names.

How does it do that?

A ton of divorces are over money. Same as wars, crimes and the other things I mentioned.
Obviously an RBE isn't going to stop all crimes, all wars, all divorces. But those based on money, will stop.

How will it stop them?

If people get all the free stuff they want, financial pressures, a leading cause of divorce, will end.
Of course hyperinflation and a depression probably won't help.

Once again, you're talking about things that might occur during the initial month(s) of an RBE.

Anything?

Anything except a LOT of crime, divorces, wars, companies buying great inventions because of the competition, and a whole slew of other things. But don't let those things get in your way of calling me childish names.

How does it do that?

A ton of divorces are over money. Same as wars, crimes and the other things I mentioned.
Obviously an RBE isn't going to stop all crimes, all wars, all divorces. But those based on money, will stop.

How will it stop them?

If people get all the free stuff they want, financial pressures, a leading cause of divorce, will end.

Once again, you're talking about things that might occur during the initial month(s) of an RBE.

And massively failing during the initial months is always a good sign for the long-term success of your "economy".

"Your labor is worth as much as everyone elses."

No, it's not.
If it was there would be literally no incentive to either be better at your job, or strive for a better job.
Literally no reason to read past that line.

I was wrong about his being 12.
He can't be more that 8
I have a 9 year old grandson who would read that and say that's silly.

No incentive? That's BS. The reasons to strive for a better job would be because you enjoy that line of work.

You, like the toad guy, is just surface level thinking. And if that's all you're capable of, then fine. Say so. So I don't have to waste my time trying to explain something that you're not even going to think about.

Anything?

How does it do that?

Do you believe that it is the color of the money that causes these things, the texture, the size or something else.
If no -
Money is fungible - it is only worth something because other people want it - to get something else.
People will simply skip the arguing over money step ( if money is eliminated) and go right to warring, crimeing and divorcing over the actual stuff that money purchases.

How does it do that?

How will it stop them?

And massively failing during the initial months is always a good sign for the long-term success of your "economy".

"you may think I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
This is the other one - that John Lennon spoke about.

No incentive? That's BS. The reasons to strive for a better job would be because you enjoy that line of work.

You, like the toad guy, is just surface level thinking. And if that's all you're capable of, then fine. Say so. So I don't have to waste my time trying to explain something that you're not even going to think about.

Anything?

How does it do that?

How will it stop them?

Them? As in the wars, divorces, & crimes? It won't stop them all. Just the ones that boil down to money. It's said that there'd be no incentive to work. But that's not true. Because people still have to survive. And in like today's monetary economy, without money, you can't survive. In an RBE, if you don't work, you also don't survive, simply because the EVC is needed to get the things you need/want. So the incentive to work, would be even greater.

Anything?

How does it do that?

How will it stop them?

Them? As in the wars, divorces, & crimes? It won't stop them all. Just the ones that boil down to money. It's said that there'd be no incentive to work. But that's not true. Because people still have to survive. And in like today's monetary economy, without money, you can't survive. In an RBE, if you don't work, you also don't survive, simply because the EVC is needed to get the things you need/want. So the incentive to work, would be even greater.

Them? As in the wars, divorces, & crimes? It won't stop them all. Just the ones that boil down to money. It's said that there'd be no incentive to work. But that's not true. Because people still have to survive.

Exactly. If I need to work 5 hours a week to get my weekly 2020 Mustang filled with 1000 lbs of filet, I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

The OP failed to explained the structure of the economic model. Just some vague assertions that has no substance.

It requires thought. The links I provided explained it much better and in more detail than I can. I'm not sure what you mean by "economic model."
Your labor is worth as much as everyone elses.
Everyone's labor is why we have what we have now. Cell phones, smart TV's, WIFI, internet, smart cars, self driving semi trucks, Mars missions, etc etc etc
All this RBE does is take money out of the equation. In other words, at the end of the week, you don't get a paycheck, because you don't need one to buy the things you need/want.

Let's say you work at the electric power plant. Friday comes and the boss comes out and says no one will be getting paid from now on. So you get all pissed and go home. By the time you get home, the power plant has been shut down. You're wife is in a frenzy because she just put $200 in groceries in the fridge and freezer. You can't cook it because your stove in electric. Then the water is turned off at the water plant. No A/C or heat, no water and no way pump gas at the station.
So, you decide to go back to work. When you get there, everyone else has showed up, because they didn't have electricity either. And you get the power turned back on.
And for that, you get what you want/need.
And it's systemic. It works the same in the food industry, cola industry, medical profession, vehicle manufacturing etc etc.. In every product that's made or service that performed (like the tire shop). Everyone just goes back to doing what they were doing.
Difference is, since your labor has no monetary value, the things you need or want also have no monetary value. You just have to prove you have a job or your own business. That's where the EVC comes into play.

It helps to think of this after it's been in effect long enough for people to get used to it. Because at first, I can only imagine how many people will be like that toad guy who's infested this thread with this own brand of sarcasm. Chaos at first. But after a month things will calm down, and people will understand they don't have to be greedy any longer. And that there's not more of this "dog eat dog" BS that plagues us all now.

PS: It's a simple concept. But there's a lot of factors involved. Such as our brainwashing we've been filled with since we were old enough to buy a piece of candy. This isn't something that can be explained in one thread. Each factor would take up an entire thread.

If you can't articulate it in a a couple of paragraphs then it ain't worth shit.

I can sure as hell explain a market based monetary economy pretty damn simply. You work, get money for the work you do and then spend the money on what you need and want.

If you can't explain this bullshit concept you came up with then don't expect to get any converts.

It doesn't take a lot of brains to figure this out. One has to just have the ability to think for themselves, without being told all the minor details.

Some just don't have that ability, I suppose. Sucks to be them.

Then tell us in one paragraph. I told you how a monetary system works in two sentences. Nobody knows what the hell you are talking about.

Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits, is it? I've given a pretty detailed outline on this. Posted links that go into more detail. So the only thing left for you to do, is research and think.

No you haven't. You have posted gobblygook that nobody can understand. That is why you are being ridiculed.

My comprehensions skills are fine. Your explanation skills suck.

I told you in two sentences how a currency based economy works: People work and earn money. Then they spend the money on what they need and want.

Tell me in two sentences how this bullshit idea that you have come up with works.

It requires thought. The links I provided explained it much better and in more detail than I can. I'm not sure what you mean by "economic model."
Your labor is worth as much as everyone elses.
Everyone's labor is why we have what we have now. Cell phones, smart TV's, WIFI, internet, smart cars, self driving semi trucks, Mars missions, etc etc etc
All this RBE does is take money out of the equation. In other words, at the end of the week, you don't get a paycheck, because you don't need one to buy the things you need/want.

Let's say you work at the electric power plant. Friday comes and the boss comes out and says no one will be getting paid from now on. So you get all pissed and go home. By the time you get home, the power plant has been shut down. You're wife is in a frenzy because she just put $200 in groceries in the fridge and freezer. You can't cook it because your stove in electric. Then the water is turned off at the water plant. No A/C or heat, no water and no way pump gas at the station.
So, you decide to go back to work. When you get there, everyone else has showed up, because they didn't have electricity either. And you get the power turned back on.
And for that, you get what you want/need.
And it's systemic. It works the same in the food industry, cola industry, medical profession, vehicle manufacturing etc etc.. In every product that's made or service that performed (like the tire shop). Everyone just goes back to doing what they were doing.
Difference is, since your labor has no monetary value, the things you need or want also have no monetary value. You just have to prove you have a job or your own business. That's where the EVC comes into play.

It helps to think of this after it's been in effect long enough for people to get used to it. Because at first, I can only imagine how many people will be like that toad guy who's infested this thread with this own brand of sarcasm. Chaos at first. But after a month things will calm down, and people will understand they don't have to be greedy any longer. And that there's not more of this "dog eat dog" BS that plagues us all now.

PS: It's a simple concept. But there's a lot of factors involved. Such as our brainwashing we've been filled with since we were old enough to buy a piece of candy. This isn't something that can be explained in one thread. Each factor would take up an entire thread.

If you can't articulate it in a a couple of paragraphs then it ain't worth shit.

I can sure as hell explain a market based monetary economy pretty damn simply. You work, get money for the work you do and then spend the money on what you need and want.

If you can't explain this bullshit concept you came up with then don't expect to get any converts.

It doesn't take a lot of brains to figure this out. One has to just have the ability to think for themselves, without being told all the minor details.

Some just don't have that ability, I suppose. Sucks to be them.

Then tell us in one paragraph. I told you how a monetary system works in two sentences. Nobody knows what the hell you are talking about.

Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits, is it? I've given a pretty detailed outline on this. Posted links that go into more detail. So the only thing left for you to do, is research and think.

No you haven't. You have posted gobblygook that nobody can understand. That is why you are being ridiculed.

My comprehensions skills are fine. Your explanation skills suck.

I told you in two sentences how a currency based economy works: People work and earn money. Then they spend the money on what they need and want.

Tell me in two sentences how this bullshit idea that you have come up with works.

No you didn't. You didn't explain how money is created, valued or controlled. You didn't explain all the effects of money. The pro's and/or cons. You didn't explain anything about crony capitalism. Or any of the other millions of affects it has on our personal or business lives, in those two sentences.
So explain all that, in two sentences.

Your example of a money society, I'll put like you did, with a moneyless society. You go to work. When you get off work, you live your life outside of work, without the constraints of money.

Forum List

Back