Rasmussen: Obama Leads 50% - 45%

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Friday, September 26, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows Barack Obama attracting 50% of the vote while John McCain earns 45%. This is Obama’s biggest lead since his convention bounce peaked with a six-point advantage. In fact, on only two days since clinching the Democratic nomination in early June has Obama enjoyed a lead bigger than he has today

New data shows McCain’s lead is down to a single percentage point in Ohio and Florida. He leads by eight in West Virginia while Obama continues to hold a modest advantage in Pennsylvania. A Virginia update will be released at noon Eastern today.

It’s stunning to note how rapidly the dynamics of the campaign have changed. Two weeks ago, just before the Wall Street financial crunch became visible, McCain was up by three points in the aftermath of his convention. One week ago today, the candidates were even. Now, Obama’s lead is approaching new highs entering the final few weeks of the campaign.

Obama now leads by five among unaffiliated voters. Last week, the unaffiliated voters were leaning in McCain’s direction.

For most of Election 2008, McCain has attracted more support from Democrats than Obama earned from Republicans. That is no longer the case. Each man now attracts 12% of voters from the other political party.

McCain’s lead among white women is down to two-percentage points. This is a segment of the population that George W. Bush carried by eleven points four years ago.

Rasmussen Reports: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

And now hopefully, the debates settle this once and for all... but it WILL be interesting.

I don't underestimate McCain, though... he's got very shrewd people behind him. He just overplayed his hand on this one.

Can change tomorrow.

They have lowered the expectations for McMumbles.

If he shows up and stays awake the whole time, he will be considered the winner.:lol:

They have lowered the expectations for McMumbles.

If he shows up and stays awake the whole time, he will be considered the winner.:lol:

sad but true

as long as he's not drooling on himself and can stand up right his followers will declare him the most brilliant debater in history...

but McCain leads on Zogby :eusa_whistle:

:lol:

Ayep... at least as of yesterday... waiting to see today's numbers. And:

Most think Friday's face-off on foreign policy to be more important than past presidential debates

UTICA, New York - A majority of likely voters nationwide think Democrat Barack Obama is more intelligent than Republican John McCain, and a plurality believes Obama will come out on top in Friday's first debate of the 2008 general election season, a new Zogby Interactive poll shows.

More than four out of 10 voters - 42% - said they think Obama will win the debate Friday, compared to 31% who said they think McCain will come out ahead on points. Another 27% said they are unsure who might win.

Zogby International

Just found this forum today and this seems like a great place to start in at. :)

IMO that point spread will increase next week, continuing the trend and once the VP debate is over and Palin shows the world what she knows it just may skyrocket. LOL

I can't wait until next Thursday! :D

Cheney ripping off Edwards' head and shitting down his neck had no effect on the polls, bub. Sorry to burst your bubble.

The election is going to come down to the two debates and who Congress handles the bailout. The VP debate (which I expect Palin to win though none of the drug addict Lefties here will ever admit it) will probably be irrelevant when all is said and done.

The election is going to come down to the two debates and who Congress handles the bailout. The VP debate (which I expect Palin to win though none of the drug addict Lefties here will ever admit it) will probably be irrelevant when all is said and done.
If she was my VP choice then I'd be more worried about the drug addict ideas McCain is displaying by picking a bimbo.

Just found this forum today and this seems like a great place to start in at. :)

IMO that point spread will increase next week, continuing the trend and once the VP debate is over and Palin shows the world what she knows it just may skyrocket. LOL

I can't wait until next Thursday! :D

Well, I hope you're right. But so far, I haven't been a great predictor of trends. (although today was as hoped).

Next Thursday is going to be popcorn time. Palin's embarrassing.

Well, I hope you're right. But so far, I haven't been a great predictor of trends. (although today was as hoped).
I'm not one to look at stats, trends, polls much either. Anyone can tell a pollster one thing and do the opposite in private.

Next Thursday is going to be popcorn time. Palin's embarrassing.
I'm hearing that she may be off the ticket by October 1st :eusa_boohoo: so we may never get to see it. I'm certainly glad that McCain did not get his way and have the debate scheduled for tonight REPLACE the VP debate. :D

Just an update from today's Rasmussen Daily Tracking Poll (most of which is from data gathered BEFORE last night's debates.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows Barack Obama attracting 50% of the vote while John McCain earns 44%. This six-point advantage matches Obama’s biggest lead yet (see trends). Obama is now viewed favorably by 56% of voters, McCain by 54%.

Rasmussen Reports: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

And now hopefully, the debates settle this once and for all... but it WILL be interesting.

I don't underestimate McCain, though... he's got very shrewd people behind him. He just overplayed his hand on this one.

Can change tomorrow.

Long way to go till the election. If a 'militant' goes on tv and farts on the American flag we might see a lot of very scared Americans and McCain can still rebound

It would be refreshing to open a pro-Obama thread and actually see all y'all gushing with praise for Obama. Instead all I ever see are the standard anti-McCain slams and I have to tell you, they are tiresom.

Tell me, does your guy have anything that makes you actually want to vote for him? If so, let's hear them.

Forum List

Back