Rapper Tiny Doo charged; his album 'promoted' shootings, D.A. says

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Among the 15 suspected San Diego street-gang members charged in a string of shootings is Brandon Duncan, an aspiring rap singer.

Prosecutors say that shows that Duncan fits the legal definition of a gang member who “willfully promotes, furthers, or assists in any felonious criminal conduct by members of that gang.”

The evidence against Duncan, Watkins said, consists of his rap album and pictures on a social media page of him and several other defendants. The latter is not surprising, he said, given the fact Duncan grew up in San Diego in a neighborhood with gang members.

Duncan’s album does not encourage violence, Watkins said.

“It’s no different than Snoop Dogg or Tupac,” he said. “It’s telling the story of street life,” with gritty details and obscenity-filled language.

Rapper Tiny Doo charged his album apos promoted apos shootings D.A. says - LA Times

So, you guys watching this? Because this is over the edge.

Among the 15 suspected San Diego street-gang members charged in a string of shootings is Brandon Duncan, an aspiring rap singer.

Prosecutors say that shows that Duncan fits the legal definition of a gang member who “willfully promotes, furthers, or assists in any felonious criminal conduct by members of that gang.”

The evidence against Duncan, Watkins said, consists of his rap album and pictures on a social media page of him and several other defendants. The latter is not surprising, he said, given the fact Duncan grew up in San Diego in a neighborhood with gang members.

“It’s no different than Snoop Dogg or Tupac,” he said. “It’s telling the story of street life,” with gritty details and obscenity-filled language.

Rapper Tiny Doo charged his album apos promoted apos shootings D.A. says - LA Times

Ya heaven forbid we charge people with incitement.

Srsly?

Are you out of your fucking mind? This is a clear violation of this man's First Amendment rights. I thought you folks were all about small government.

Are you out of your fucking mind? This is a clear violation of this man's First Amendment rights. I thought you folks were all about small government.
No one has the right to advocate murder. Remind me why you do not complain that a bounty is on Wilson and Zimmerman?

No one has the right to advocate murder. Remind me why you do not complain that a bounty is on Wilson and Zimmerman?

Try again. This time stick to the topic.

The charge is that he promotes shootings as in murder, so I am on target. Remind me how you demanded action against those seeking to murder Zimmerman and Wilson, or was that a 1st Amendment thing too?

The charge is that he promotes shootings as in murder, so I am on target. Remind me how you demanded action against those seeking to murder Zimmerman and Wilson, or was that a 1st Amendment thing too?

Actually, the charge is that he benefited (so far) via selling albums. Remind me about the First Amendment again? Are you demanding that Al Pacino go to jail if a drug dealer watched Scar Face?

Now, you want to stick to the topic?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back