Rapinoe is a moron

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA

Why would professional leagues pay women the same as men when women don't bring nearly as much revenue when it comes to NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL.....WTF??!?!?!

Rapinoe is a complete idiot. Celtics can afford to pay more due to TV rights and ticket sales as people actually want to pay a lot of money to watch Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown play against the best in the world. She needs to take a finance class and STFU. OMG!!!

Why would professional leagues pay women the same as men when women don't bring nearly as much revenue when it comes to NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL.....WTF??!?!?!

Rapinoe is a complete idiot. Celtics can afford to pay more due to TV rights and ticket sales as people actually want to pay a lot of money to watch Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown play against the best in the world. She needs to take a finance class and STFU. OMG!!!
Have you ever seen a purple haired person that even looks remotely sane??.....LOLOL. She's Such a lost soul without Trump....lololol

I just wish someone would ask her where the money is supposed to come from to pay them the same salary.

The payroll for the men's league is likely more than the entire revenues of the women's league.

So, where are is the money to come from?

Men tennis players have long earned more than women.
Lindsey Graham opined the "unfairness" of it all in a national newspaper.
I replied that men are qualitatively far superior and work much longer to win their five set matches versus three sets for women.

The 100th ranked man tennis pro can destroy the top women's tennis player.
Doesn't that mean something?

Her coach replied to my counter and then I finished with game, set and match.

She's a leftist icon. No leftist will ever tell her the economic truth. After all, leftists are liars.

Bobby Riggs was in the top 100 when he played BJ King? I don't think so. More like #10,000.

On September 20, 1973, in a highly publicized “Battle of the Sexes” tennis match, top women’s player Billie Jean King, 29, beats Bobby Riggs, 55, a former No. 1 ranked men’s player. Riggs (1918-1995), a self-proclaimed male chauvinist, had boasted that women were inferior, that they couldn’t handle the pressure of the game and that even at his age he could beat any female player. The match was a huge media event, witnessed in person by over 30,000 spectators at the Houston Astrodome and by another 50 million TV viewers worldwide. King made a Cleopatra-style entrance on a gold litter carried by men dressed as ancient slaves, while Riggs arrived in a rickshaw pulled by female models. Legendary sportscaster Howard Cosell called the match, in which King beat Riggs 6-4, 6-3, 6-3. King’s achievement not only helped legitimize women’s professional tennis and female athletes, but it was seen as a victory for women’s rights in general.

Personally, I don't care- I just don't appreciate inaccurate hyperbole taking center stage as fact- he made a claim and couldn't back it up- somebody is noted for a saying- "a man's gotta know his limitations"
You get extra points if you know who said that-

Bobby Riggs was in the top 100 when he played BJ King? I don't think so. More like #10,000.

On September 20, 1973, in a highly publicized “Battle of the Sexes” tennis match, top women’s player Billie Jean King, 29, beats Bobby Riggs, 55, a former No. 1 ranked men’s player. Riggs (1918-1995), a self-proclaimed male chauvinist, had boasted that women were inferior, that they couldn’t handle the pressure of the game and that even at his age he could beat any female player. The match was a huge media event, witnessed in person by over 30,000 spectators at the Houston Astrodome and by another 50 million TV viewers worldwide. King made a Cleopatra-style entrance on a gold litter carried by men dressed as ancient slaves, while Riggs arrived in a rickshaw pulled by female models. Legendary sportscaster Howard Cosell called the match, in which King beat Riggs 6-4, 6-3, 6-3. King’s achievement not only helped legitimize women’s professional tennis and female athletes, but it was seen as a victory for women’s rights in general.

Personally, I don't care- I just don't appreciate inaccurate hyperbole taking center stage as fact- he made a claim and couldn't back it up- somebody is noted for a saying- "a man's gotta know his limitations"
You get extra points if you know who said that-
Bobby Riggs made some stupid statements.

MarathonMike is correct, however.

The WNBA is a subsidiary of the NBA and it has been hemorrhaging money since it’s inception. Draymond Green gets paid less money because of the WNBA. He should demand the league be disbanded

Last edited:
Not for anything, but does anyone really care what Rapinoe says....

INVESTMENTS? No, it's not an investment when you shell out money for wimmins' sports, it is tossing your money down the drain. Few people want to watch, and in most cases revenues do not even pay enough for overhead expenses.

Fuck wimmins' sports. Have one team, "all" genders included, and may the best players participate. Done.

I replied that men are qualitatively far superior and work much longer to win their five set matches versus three sets for women.

Actually, a dude, ranked 203 I think it was, after drinking a couple of beers, and smoking a cigarette, DEMOLISHED Serena Wiliams, in straight sets, when she was at her height.

Actually, a dude, ranked 203 I think it was, after drinking a couple of beers, and smoking a cigarette, DEMOLISHED Serena Wiliams, in straight sets, when she was at her height.
1000s of men could beat the best women’s player

Billie Jean King proved that incorrect in Houston, a long time ago-

This is why you ignore him. He only subtracts information and wisdom from any discussion.
Bobby was a senior citizen at that time. He wasn't #10,000 by a long shot. I play five times every week. I know the game quite well. I played with Michael Chang's father, Joe. Then I went to his home in Coto De Caza and played ping pong with him. He gave me some shirts and socks from Michael's sponsor for complimenting his wife on her tennis game. So I got that goin' for me.....

Well played, Friend!

I looked it up:

Connors v Navratilova
Almost 20 years later in 1993, the last official such game took place when Jimmy Connors (40) squared off against Martina Navratilova (35) in a face off dubbed the 'Battle of the Sexes' by the media.
The game was played under hybrid rules as Connors was permitted only one serve for each point and his opponent was allowed to play the ball into half of the doubles court.
A tense first set was won 7-5 by Connors who pulled away in the second to win it 6-2 and with it the match, for which both received close to 1 million dollars for competing.
No. 203 sweeps Williams
At the height of the Williams boom in 1998, an unofficial game took place in Australia after Serena and Venus claimed that no male player outside the top 200 could beat them.
Up stepped a German known as Karsten Braasch who was ranked 203rd in the world and after first beating Serena 6-1, he then disposed of Venus 6-2.
"I didn't know it would be that difficult. I played shots that would have been winners on the women's circuit and he got to them very easily," said Serena.
"They wouldn't have had a chance against anyone inside the top 500 because today I played like someone ranked 600th to keep it fun," was Braasch's assessment.

his is why you ignore him. He only subtracts information and wisdom from any discussion.
Bobby was a senior citizen at that time. He wasn't #10,000 by a long shot. I play five times every week. I know the game quite well. I played with Michael Chang's father, Joe. Then I went to his home in Coto De Caza and played ping pong with him. He gave me some shirts and socks from Michael's sponsor for complimenting his wife on her tennis game. So I got that goin' for me.....
I remember that whole Battle of the Sexes fiasco. I was in high school and I remember thinking 'how the heck is this goofy old white guy playing a woman pro in her prime going to prove anything?'

Forum List

Back