Randy Neugebauer: I yelled 'baby killer'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Papi, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Papi

Papi Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Texas Republican Rep. Randy Neugebauer was the mysterious lawmaker that shouted “baby killer” during Rep. Bart Stupak’s (D-Mich.) floor speech Sunday night, his office said Monday.

Rumors that Neugebauer was the yeller began swirling Sunday night, after several lawmaker surmised that the scream was tinted with a southern accent.

“Last night was the climax of weeks and months of debate on a health care bill that my constituents fear and do not support,” Neugebauer said in a news release. “In the heat and emotion of the debate, I exclaimed the phrase ‘it’s a baby killer’ in reference to the agreement reached by the Democratic leadership. While I remain heartbroken over the passage of this bill and the tragic consequences it will have for the unborn, I deeply regret that my actions were mistakenly interpreted as a direct reference to Congressman Stupak himself.”

Neuegebauer’s scream was only part of Sunday’s mayhem in the Capitol. Tea party protesters screamed outside the Capitol, Republicans applauded when a man was carried out of the House gallery and then there was Neugebauer’s scream.

Neugebauer represents one of the most conservative districts in America – an area that stretches from the New Mexico border in the west to the central part of the state. He is in his third full term.

Perhaps most notably, Neugebauer was a co-sponsor to a March 2009 House resolution that would’ve required presidential candidates to provide a copy of their birth certificate.

“I have apologized to Mr. Stupak and also apologize to my colleagues for the manner in which I expressed my disappointment about the bill,” he said in a statement. “The House Chamber is a place of decorum and respect. The timing and tone of my comment last night was inappropriate."

Source: Politico

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,856
    that makes neugebauer a liberal plant. and a texas german, too.

3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Why are you lying? He says that he said 'it's a baby killer', referring to the healthcare bill, not Stupak personally.

4. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914

Good grief.. when will libs get over getting their panties in a bunch just because someone speaks the truth?

5. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Because only YOU, are stupid and/or partisan enough to believe him....

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I see that basic comprehension skills escape you again, Va. The lie is the OP's title - because the senator did not admit that he yelled 'baby killer'. I made no comment as to whether I believe or disbelieve him.

You should not be so desperate to whine at me that you don't think before responding. Fool.

7. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Hey the guy just sealed up reelection for as long as he wants to hold that office. The folks in West Texas will love him for this. He may never run opposed again. Good for him for utilizing the first amendment. :thup:

8. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,856
    senator, huh. get some sleep.

9. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    I don't believe him, he's a politician and spin is his livelihood. But at least he had the decency to acknowledge he did something inappropriate, an uncommon move on either side of the aisle. For that he gets some props.

10. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    It wasn't inappropriate.