Randy Neugebauer: I yelled 'baby killer'

Texas Republican Rep. Randy Neugebauer was the mysterious lawmaker that shouted “baby killer” during Rep. Bart Stupak’s (D-Mich.) floor speech Sunday night, his office said Monday.

Rumors that Neugebauer was the yeller began swirling Sunday night, after several lawmaker surmised that the scream was tinted with a southern accent.

“Last night was the climax of weeks and months of debate on a health care bill that my constituents fear and do not support,” Neugebauer said in a news release. “In the heat and emotion of the debate, I exclaimed the phrase ‘it’s a baby killer’ in reference to the agreement reached by the Democratic leadership. While I remain heartbroken over the passage of this bill and the tragic consequences it will have for the unborn, I deeply regret that my actions were mistakenly interpreted as a direct reference to Congressman Stupak himself.”

Neuegebauer’s scream was only part of Sunday’s mayhem in the Capitol. Tea party protesters screamed outside the Capitol, Republicans applauded when a man was carried out of the House gallery and then there was Neugebauer’s scream.

Neugebauer represents one of the most conservative districts in America – an area that stretches from the New Mexico border in the west to the central part of the state. He is in his third full term.

Perhaps most notably, Neugebauer was a co-sponsor to a March 2009 House resolution that would’ve required presidential candidates to provide a copy of their birth certificate.

“I have apologized to Mr. Stupak and also apologize to my colleagues for the manner in which I expressed my disappointment about the bill,” he said in a statement. “The House Chamber is a place of decorum and respect. The timing and tone of my comment last night was inappropriate."

Source: Politico

that makes neugebauer a liberal plant. and a texas german, too.

“In the heat and emotion of the debate, I exclaimed the phrase ‘it’s a baby killer’ in reference to the agreement reached by the Democratic leadership."

What a lie to cover his sorry ass. When has anyone ever used the phrase "it's a baby killer". The tapes indicate otherwise
He is a disgrace to his office and should be reprimanded

Are you kidding...? Meet the New Rightwing Hero.

I see that basic comprehension skills escape you again, Va. The lie is the OP's title - because the senator did not admit that he yelled 'baby killer'. I made no comment as to whether I believe or disbelieve him.

You should not be so desperate to whine at me that you don't think before responding. Fool.

What Senator are you referring to? Did you read the same article I did?

Point remains the same. You didn't even notice my fuck up until LK pointed it out - that's two stupids for you and one for me. I win. You lose. Idiot.

Please tell us you're smarter than you come across? You say the 'senator did not admit he yelled 'baby killer'. And you count that as only one fuck up? I see two.

1. he was a rep not a senator
2. he does indeed admit that he said 'baby killer'.

Burn Him!

Burn Him!

burnher.jpg

Let's see......it was a Republican that yelled "you lie" to Obama.

It was a Republican who called Stupak a baby killer.

Republicans gave birth to tea parties, which is what called congress critters "******", "fag", and spat on another.

The GOP is no longer "the party of No", it's now just the party that blows.............

What Senator are you referring to? Did you read the same article I did?

Point remains the same. You didn't even notice my fuck up until LK pointed it out - that's two stupids for you and one for me. I win. You lose. Idiot.

Please tell us you're smarter than you come across? You say the 'senator did not admit he yelled 'baby killer'. And you count that as only one fuck up? I see two.

That you see no difference between the words 'it's a baby killer' and 'baby killer' does not surprise me. Of course, if you get your information from the media and do not wait to get all the facts, then it does leave one in the position when one has to continue to defend one's own stupidity.

Such is life.

He apologized, to both Stupak and his other colleagues. That should just about put an end to the issue...

It's just theater, I doubt he actually feels any remorse. But he could have chosen to come out swinging, too many of them do. That would have made it an issue for the media to jump all over. With an apology he still gets his 15 minutes for the home crowd and this will be cycled out by tomorrow. Good move, and he was smart enough to put his ego down long enough to make it.

That you see no difference between the words 'it's a baby killer' and 'baby killer' does not surprise me. Of course, if you get your information from the media and do not wait to get all the facts, then it does leave one in the position when one has to continue to defend one's own stupidity.

Such is life.

Even you can't be THAT blonde!! In both versions the phrase 'baby killer' is uttered. So, even if he said 'it's a baby killer'; he still uttered the phrase 'baby killer'.

Republicans gave birth to tea parties, which is what called congress critters "******", "fag", and spat on another.

While the GOPers are the 2nd most vile political group in DC and it's a photo finish between them and the Dimocraps, I fail to see a problem with any of the above.

All this time I thought is was Joe "You Lie" Wilson. Go figure? :0)

"you're stuck" - sorry

no problem, i am here to help.

Finally, you've found something you're good at - pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes on internet message boards... Ask your teacher for a gold star - you've earned it!

PM me if you're still stuck with my previous post...

sorry to disappoint you, no PM will come your way. python mob scene matches neugebauer as a screamer perfectly.

While the GOPers are the 2nd most vile political group in DC and it's a photo finish between them and the Dimocraps, I fail to see a problem with any of the above.

Shit.......the Democrats are a lot better behaved in public than the GOP'ers.

Name me one example where someone shouted down a Republican president and was a Democrat.

Name me one example of a Democrat rally that is as out of hand as Michelle Bachman's rallies.

Name me one time that Democrats have shouted something as vile as "baby killer" at a Republican on the floor of Congress.

no problem, i am here to help.

Finally, you've found something you're good at - pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes on internet message boards... Ask your teacher for a gold star - you've earned it!

PM me if you're still stuck with my previous post...

sorry to disappoint you, no PM will come your way. python mob scene matches neugebauer as a screamer perfectly.

You missed the reference then... I'm actually not surprised, though...

This is what happens when politicians aren't prepared too well. He would have been better off yelling, "Think of the foetuses!", that one would have been less open to misinterpretation.

Forum List

Back