Randy Moss says he's the best wide reciever of all time.

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
I believe he's the second best, after Rice.
My top ten:

Rice
Moss
TO
Michael Irving
Chris Carter
Andre Reed
Art Monk
Tim Brown
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt

Last edited:
I believe he's the second best, after Rice.
My top ten:

Rice
Moss
TO
Michael Irving
Chris Carter
Andre Reed
Art Monk
Tim Brown
Marvin Harrison
Tim Brown

I like your list, but you liked Tim Brown so much you put him twice!!!

My list:
Rice - No valid argument against it.
Moss - Attitude got on the way, but he was amazing
Irving - Drugs and other items hurt him, but not by much
Carter - Just an amazing player and good role model
TO - Selfishness diminished his ability a little bit. He should have been 2 or 3.
Art Monk - Under-rated his entire career
Marvin Harrison - Mr. Solid
Tim Brown - Good stats and good career
Isaac Bruce - I will get shit for this one, but I thought he was great. He made his QB better not the other way around.
Steve Largent - He always gets dismissed, because he was a white-boy from a different era, but his stats were better than most on the list and he had a do or die attitude to admire.

Moss is a first place jerk

But he is one of the best receivers I have ever seen in dominating a game. He made Dante Culpepper a great QB

Jerry Rice was consistently excellent, every play, every game, every season
Moss could dominate a game more than Rice could, but took off plays, took off games and for two years took off seasons

Last edited:
Moss is a first place jerk

But he is one of the best receivers I have ever seen in dominating a game. He made Dante Culpepper a great QB

Jerry Rice was consistently excellent, every play, every game, every season
Moss could dominate a game more than Rice could, but took off plays, took off games and for two years took off seasons

Jerry Rice was more complete receiver, but Moss is probably the best deep threat receiver to play the game. It's close, but i'd go with Jerry.

This is another one of those arguments that I think should be confined to the Super Bowl era.

If you really want to talk about all time, Don Hutson must be on the list. In many ways he may be the one responsible for what wide receivers became, and his 99 td's in less than 500 receptions is amazing.

He played in a much different time, and it's hard to compare to modern receivers, but if you're including players from that long ago, Hutson is near the top of the list.

Rice
Rice
Largent

and many others

Moss, Owens are not in the top 10 b/c of the negative impact they had on the team.

Football is a TEAM sport, if the team suffers b/c of you, you suck

I saw Moss make the play of the year when he was at Marshall.

I have never seen anything better.

He could've been the greatest.

Moss had an amazing ability to dominate a game

Put him on Monday Night Football in front of the entire nation and he was spectacular. Put him in a meaningless game late in the season and he barely went through the motions

I like Golden Tate's game winning catch with no seconds on the clock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDnSdkefYAA]Golden tate hail mary catch seahawks vs packers PROOF TATE CAUGHT IT SIMULTANEOUSLY - YouTube[/ame]

Hail WILSON !!!!!!

Randy Moss says he's the best wide reciever of all time.

It's his story so he can tell it any way he wants to.

Dare I say it... Megatron??? Rice is IMO unquestionable of course... but Calvin Johnson is better than Moss, T.O., or anybody else who can lay claim to the throne.

I don't think Megatron can be said to be better yet. His career has simply been too short. Of all the receivers playing, he certainly seems to have the best chance of getting to the top of the all time list, though.

Dare I say it... Megatron??? Rice is IMO unquestionable of course... but Calvin Johnson is better than Moss, T.O., or anybody else who can lay claim to the throne.

I don't think Megatron can be said to be better yet. His career has simply been too short. Of all the receivers playing, he certainly seems to have the best chance of getting to the top of the all time list, though.

Fair enough. But all of the guys I mentioned fell short of the title. CJ already has the single season yardage record, and that's with, pretty literally, absolutely nothing else whatsoever on the offensive side of the ball.

If him and AP were on the same team it would be like the Miami Heat of Football. Hell I might even start a thread about it...

Randy Moss is a QUITTER, and a SLACKER, and a BAD teammate.

He has burned more bridges that General Sherman's march to the sea did.

He was booed out of Minnesota, booed out of Oakland and booed out of Tennessee.

He couldn't carry Jerry Rice's jock strap.

I don't care how "great" Moss was as a "deep threat". He had to be great at SOMETHING, because he sure as hell was not a great route runner, or a great slant receiver, or a great clutch receiver, or a great blocker.

There are too many BETTER receivers for me to list here.

Randy Moss is nothing more than a cross between Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Andre Rison, and Plaxico Burress, on AND off the field.

Forum List

Back