Rand Paul's greatest enemy is old Rand Paul

Rand Paul will prolly be President if he runs. Independents like him, conservatives like him and even some dems like him. Really the only people that don't like Paul hate him, because these people are blindingly partisan, bigoted and racist. These people hate whites and anything remotely conservative. Rtard falls in that category.

I am not blindingly partisan, bigoted, or racist; in fact, I'm someone who should be solidly in Rand's camp, but I will not vote for him if he runs for President. Say what you want about partisans attacking Rand, which is true, but the simple fact here is that he told a bald faced lie and now looks utterly ridiculous for having done so. And worse is that he has now reversed course from his principled position on foreign aid and decided that, despite being a "constitutional conservative," whatever that means, he wants to unconstitutionally send U.S. taxpayer dollars to a foreign government. He has no credibility after this, if he had any left to begin with.

Rand Paul is a Republican pretending to be a Libertarian pretending to be a Republican.

1268hoy.jpg

And your just some guy on the internet pretending to know something about someone so that you can yammer on foolishly.

Rand is amazingly clear about his positions and why, just like his father. Pretending mean he lies about his positions to gain support from a group of people, care to show where Rand lies to Libertarians, then Republicans, then Libertarians, then Republicans? Ops you left out all the colleges filled with liberals and progressives he viosits, and blacks.... and independents.... I guess he just lies to them all, pretending to be a progressive to a green party, to a Republican.... just depending on the day!

Yeah, great point! You muppet.

Rand Paul is tough when it comes to our liberties...

2cqgnz5.jpg

Armed drones over America BAD!

Rand Paul is also tough on crime...

n14cjs.jpg

Killing liquor store holdup man with armed drones GOOD!

Rand Paul will prolly be President if he runs. Independents like him, conservatives like him and even some dems like him. Really the only people that don't like Paul hate him, because these people are blindingly partisan, bigoted and racist. These people hate whites and anything remotely conservative. Rtard falls in that category.

I am not blindingly partisan, bigoted, or racist; in fact, I'm someone who should be solidly in Rand's camp, but I will not vote for him if he runs for President. Say what you want about partisans attacking Rand, which is true, but the simple fact here is that he told a bald faced lie and now looks utterly ridiculous for having done so. And worse is that he has now reversed course from his principled position on foreign aid and decided that, despite being a "constitutional conservative," whatever that means, he wants to unconstitutionally send U.S. taxpayer dollars to a foreign government. He has no credibility after this, if he had any left to begin with.

Rand Paul Completes His Flip-Flop on Aid To Israel by Ed Kilgore | Political Animal | The Washington Monthly

“I’m not singling out Israel. I support Israel. I want to be known as a friend of Israel, but not with money you don’t have,” Paul said in 2011 during an interview with ABC News. “We can’t just borrow from our kids’ future and give it to countries, even if they are our friends.”

I guess I'm done here.

Rand Paul:
"I will speak as long as it takes, until the alarm is sounded from coast to coast that our Constitution is important, that your rights to trial by jury are precious, that no American should be killed by a drone on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court."

Rand Paul's alter ego:
"If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash, I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him."

Rand Paul is a Republican pretending to be a Libertarian pretending to be a Republican.

1268hoy.jpg

And your just some guy on the internet pretending to know something about someone so that you can yammer on foolishly.

Rand is amazingly clear about his positions and why, just like his father. Pretending mean he lies about his positions to gain support from a group of people, care to show where Rand lies to Libertarians, then Republicans, then Libertarians, then Republicans? Ops you left out all the colleges filled with liberals and progressives he viosits, and blacks.... and independents.... I guess he just lies to them all, pretending to be a progressive to a green party, to a Republican.... just depending on the day!

Yeah, great point! You muppet.

Rand Paul is tough when it comes to our liberties...

2cqgnz5.jpg

Armed drones over America BAD!

Rand Paul is also tough on crime...

n14cjs.jpg

Killing liquor store holdup man with armed drones GOOD!

OP, you look like a fool posting pictures on the internet!

No, Rand Paul Didn?t Just Switch His Position on Drones | The American Conservative

Rand Paul Completes His Flip-Flop on Aid To Israel by Ed Kilgore | Political Animal | The Washington Monthly

“I’m not singling out Israel. I support Israel. I want to be known as a friend of Israel, but not with money you don’t have,” Paul said in 2011 during an interview with ABC News. “We can’t just borrow from our kids’ future and give it to countries, even if they are our friends.”

I guess I'm done here.

All you've done here is highlight Rand's lie and flip flop.

“I haven’t really proposed that in the past,” Paul told Yahoo News when asked if he still thought the U.S. should phase out aid to Israel, which has been battling Hamas in Gaza for weeks. “We’ve never had a legislative proposal to do that. You can mistake my position, but then I’ll answer the question. That has not been a position — a legislative position — we have introduced to phase out or get rid of Israel’s aid. That’s the answer to that question. Israel has always been a strong ally of ours and I appreciate that. I voted just this week to give money — more money — to the Iron Dome, so don’t mischaracterize my position on Israel.”

https://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-sa...-to-israel--even-though-he-did-193355206.html

So he never proposed ending aid to Israel, but didn't want to send them money we don't have. He didn't want to send them money we don't have, but then voted to give money for their Iron Dome just this week. There's the lie and the flip flop right there.

You did not see my next post.

"[N]o American should be killed by a drone on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court."

"If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash, I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him."

He's schizo!

Remember when Rand Paul said we should cut support for Israel?

GOP Sen. Rand Paul Urges Cutting Aid to Israel - CBS News

Rand Paul struggles badly with Israel flip-flop | MSNBC

Remember when Rand Paul was against the voting rights act.

Rand Paul Explains His Family's Opposition To Civil Rights Act: 'It's About Controlling Property'

Rand Paul running away from any questions about the "dreamers".

When you actually run, you have to stop and answer questions. Really answer them.

Senator Rand Paul (R-Gooberville) changed his name to Menachem Paul in order to be electable.

He has discovered that UNprincipled demagogue politicians have a better chance to get elected.

And so it goes.

And then there is Rand Paul's bogus lawsuit he used to raise funds. After the ACLU and Freedom Works have been doing all the heavy lifting for several years and start to make some headway against the government's domestic spying, Rand Paul suddenly rises up, all righteous like, to say he is going to file a lawsuit against the NSA. Please send money!

Well, it seems interesting to me. It's NOT like Nixon, who ran very right in a primary, and then ran to the middle in a general. It's certainly not Reagan, who ran to the right of much of the gop, and then became your folksy friendly uncle Ron with his funny stories.

Paul's having to morph to be acceptable to a whole bunch of groups in the GOP, the pro-Israel lobby, the Wall St lobby, the no amnesty lobby ... and it's not like the gop is a big tent place. LOL

Compare and contrast Paul to .... say Ryan. Ryan's reaching out, but he's not changing positions. Snyder in Michigan as well. And Walker.

So, in 16 are we gonna end up with a bunch of clowns in the clowncare again? This time with a quasi-libertarian trying to be all things to all people, much like we had a mainstreet moderate trying to carry the TPM in 12? I'd hoped for more from Paul.

I'm curious about why you would expect so much more from Paul?
What has he done to convince you to set the bar that high?

Oh, I didn't agree with a lot of Paul, but he challenged the status quo even in his own party, and that's exactly what Reagan did. It was the basis for JFK's presidential campaign. Real leaders fear failure less than betraying their own values.

I see. And I see the attraction. John McCain of 2000 (NOT of 2008) had that same kind of appeal for me. I've never attached that to Paul - but that's just me. Too many things I just flat out disagree with him about.

I'll wait for the primaries, when he takes his positions and every word he says seriously. I realize Rand has said some things against other things he said in the past, but there is room for reason on why. I am not looking for a perfect politician, I simply can't stand that most the people here bitching have lied knowingly or unknowingly more in a single day on these boards than they can dig up on Rand, yet these same people viciously hate Rand.

From this moment forward if any of you support any politician that has flip flopped on any single issue, no matter how small.... I'll hold that you fall into the category of liar and take nothing you say to be serious.

Fair?

And then there is Rand Paul's bogus lawsuit he used to raise funds. After the ACLU and Freedom Works have been doing all the heavy lifting for several years and start to make some headway against the government's domestic spying, Rand Paul suddenly rises up, all righteous like, to say he is going to file a lawsuit against the NSA. Please send money!

Yup! That makes it fake!!!

Gawd you're trying too hard.

From, now on if you take a position on something someone else had before you I call bullshit... your a copy cat holding a bogus position.

Rand Pauls biggest enemy is a camera

And Obama's is people finding out he lied to them on just about everything... Oh and speaking to a camera without a teleprompter with a script someone else wrote for him.

So what does that have to do with Rand Paul?

We know you like Paul. We know you get all pissy when someone has the gall to quote some of the stupid shit he's said in the past and to highlight some of his famous flip flops. But now, you're starting to sound like a jilted hairdresser.

Take a deep breath, relax ... and state your point(s).

Remember when Rand Paul said we should cut support for Israel?

GOP Sen. Rand Paul Urges Cutting Aid to Israel - CBS News

Rand Paul struggles badly with Israel flip-flop | MSNBC

Remember when Rand Paul was against the voting rights act.

Rand Paul Explains His Family's Opposition To Civil Rights Act: 'It's About Controlling Property'

Rand Paul running away from any questions about the "dreamers".

When you actually run, you have to stop and answer questions. Really answer them.

I don't think his stance on Israel would hurt him. I strongly support Israel and would vote for Paul in a heartbeat.

His comments on the Civil Rights act will probably sink him though! It won't be easy to back track from that!

Rand Pauls biggest enemy is a camera

And Obama's is people finding out he lied to them on just about everything... Oh and speaking to a camera without a teleprompter with a script someone else wrote for him.

So what does that have to do with Rand Paul?

We know you like Paul. We know you get all pissy when someone has the gall to quote some of the stupid shit he's said in the past and to highlight some of his famous flip flops. But now, you're starting to sound like a jilted hairdresser.

Take a deep breath, relax ... and state your point(s).

I did state my points, even admitted Rand was wrong. But that I don't care... I'm ok with people making mistakes, its the degree of the mistakes and the continuation of the mistakes that upset me. When I have people here going all nutter about Rand's position not being 100% dialed into place when they themselves are all over the place, daily, I get frustrated.

Like g5 said, rand took up a law suit, after others did... That makes Rand a fake! Yet not one person on these boards takes an "original" position on anything... Are we all fake???? G5 wants Rand to be bad because that's why G5 does, he attacks both sides relentlessly even when he has no ammo. G5 is not always wrong but were talking about 2 or maybe 3 flip flops for Rand, and the flip flops are not necessarily flip flops. For a politician, that's amazing.... For just a human being that's incredible...

I'm not upset that people are going after Rand, he will prolly be the President so lol at them. I'm upset because most the people attacking him are a million times worse but feel they have some moral higher ground for calling out others.

Forum List

Back