Rand Paul's greatest enemy is old Rand Paul

R

rdean

Remember when Rand Paul said we should cut support for Israel?

GOP Sen. Rand Paul Urges Cutting Aid to Israel - CBS News

Rand Paul struggles badly with Israel flip-flop | MSNBC

Remember when Rand Paul was against the voting rights act.

Rand Paul Explains His Family's Opposition To Civil Rights Act: 'It's About Controlling Property'

Rand Paul running away from any questions about the "dreamers".

When you actually run, you have to stop and answer questions. Really answer them.
Here's a little history.

Rand Paul: Libertarian or Hypocrite?

I think some of Rand Paul's "old" positions were odd, and even extremely dangerous on issues like the Fed and money supply. But, you know, Reagan's position on Russia was not politically popular even in the 1980 election, and not many really had any understanding of "supply side," but we were just really tired of "malaise" and willing to give another guy a try.

But Reagan never ran away from his truly unpopular positions on things like medicare. He compromised, but he never gave up saying his "fault" in things stemmed from the days he was initially a democrat.

I guess Paul just realizes Sheldon Aldelson will bury him if he suggests withdrawing aid from Israel and the rest of the world, and suggesting we physically cannot deport every illegal alien will disqualify him from winning the nomination even if it also happens to be undeniably the truth. Sucks for the gop.

Mr. Maddow tried this shit on her show when Rand was running for Senate.

How'd that work out?

Rand Paul does have some baggage to deal with.
No matter who the messenger is, Paul is going to have to reconcile a few things.
Things like attacking the CRA and neo-confederacy may play well in Kentucky, but not across the nation.

Well, it seems interesting to me. It's NOT like Nixon, who ran very right in a primary, and then ran to the middle in a general. It's certainly not Reagan, who ran to the right of much of the gop, and then became your folksy friendly uncle Ron with his funny stories.

Paul's having to morph to be acceptable to a whole bunch of groups in the GOP, the pro-Israel lobby, the Wall St lobby, the no amnesty lobby ... and it's not like the gop is a big tent place. LOL

Compare and contrast Paul to .... say Ryan. Ryan's reaching out, but he's not changing positions. Snyder in Michigan as well. And Walker.

So, in 16 are we gonna end up with a bunch of clowns in the clowncare again? This time with a quasi-libertarian trying to be all things to all people, much like we had a mainstreet moderate trying to carry the TPM in 12? I'd hoped for more from Paul.

Rand Paul is a Republican pretending to be a Libertarian pretending to be a Republican.

1268hoy.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it seems interesting to me. It's NOT like Nixon, who ran very right in a primary, and then ran to the middle in a general. It's certainly not Reagan, who ran to the right of much of the gop, and then became your folksy friendly uncle Ron with his funny stories.

Paul's having to morph to be acceptable to a whole bunch of groups in the GOP, the pro-Israel lobby, the Wall St lobby, the no amnesty lobby ... and it's not like the gop is a big tent place. LOL

Compare and contrast Paul to .... say Ryan. Ryan's reaching out, but he's not changing positions. Snyder in Michigan as well. And Walker.

So, in 16 are we gonna end up with a bunch of clowns in the clowncare again? This time with a quasi-libertarian trying to be all things to all people, much like we had a mainstreet moderate trying to carry the TPM in 12? I'd hoped for more from Paul.

I'm curious about why you would expect so much more from Paul?
What has he done to convince you to set the bar that high?

I'm curious about why you would expect so much more from Paul?
What has he done to convince you to set the bar that high?

Oh, I didn't agree with a lot of Paul, but he challenged the status quo even in his own party, and that's exactly what Reagan did. It was the basis for JFK's presidential campaign. Real leaders fear failure less than betraying their own values.

Rand Paul will prolly be President if he runs. Independents like him, conservatives like him and even some dems like him. Really the only people that don't like Paul hate him, because these people are blindingly partisan, bigoted and racist. These people hate whites and anything remotely conservative. Rtard falls in that category.

Rand Paul is a Republican pretending to be a Libertarian pretending to be a Republican.

1268hoy.jpg

And your just some guy on the internet pretending to know something about someone so that you can yammer on foolishly.

Rand is amazingly clear about his positions and why, just like his father. Pretending mean he lies about his positions to gain support from a group of people, care to show where Rand lies to Libertarians, then Republicans, then Libertarians, then Republicans? Ops you left out all the colleges filled with liberals and progressives he viosits, and blacks.... and independents.... I guess he just lies to them all, pretending to be a progressive to a green party, to a Republican.... just depending on the day!

Yeah, great point! You muppet.

And in a year, he will be just to the right of center. He cannot be trusted, he changes his opinions for votes and popularity. Paul is a good man, but too much of a politician who lacks the political skills to justify his flip-flopping. Yes, he is a better choice than that fucking canadian, Ted Cruz...but he is not trustworthy at all.

Forum List

Back