Rand Paul: ISIS 'Exists And Grows Stronger' Because Of GOP Hawks

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
Paul, who is running for president, has worked to push back against the characterization that he is an isolationist and weak on foreign policy. On Wednesday, Paul said that those who said his kind of foreign policy was responsible for the rise of ISIS were wrong.

"I would say it's exactly the opposite. ISIS exists and grew stronger because of the hawks in our party who gave arms indiscriminately."

Rand Paul ISIS Exists And Grows Stronger Because Of GOP Hawks

I realize I agree with something Rand Paul said. Wow! But he has just committed suicide by telling the truth about the Republicans. They won't forgive him. I just don't understand why is it so hard to admit your mistakes, GOP? However... Republicans are more to blame then Democrats, yes, but this doesn't mean Democrats are not culpable, they are just a lot less culpable than Republicans.

Paul, who is running for president, has worked to push back against the characterization that he is an isolationist and weak on foreign policy. On Wednesday, Paul said that those who said his kind of foreign policy was responsible for the rise of ISIS were wrong.

"I would say it's exactly the opposite. ISIS exists and grew stronger because of the hawks in our party who gave arms indiscriminately."

I realize I agree with something Rand Paul said. Wow! But he has just committed suicide by telling the truth about the Republicans. They won't forgive him. I just don't understand why is it so hard to admit your mistakes, GOP? However... Republicans are more to blame then Democrats, yes, but this doesn't mean Democrats are not culpable, they are just a lot less culpable than Republicans.
I think half of these idiot Republicans should act like Hillary.....and STFU to the press.

Rand Paul and Chris Christy in particular.

How many news items do we need of 'People we gave arms to threw them down and fled. IS seized the weapons' before we quit doing that?

A cynic might think we were deliberately arming IS by way of the people who're supposedly wanting to fight them, knowing they wont, will flee, to ensure IS remain a point of concern justifying continued intervention in the region.

"ISIS exists and grew stronger because of the hawks in our party who gave arms indiscriminately, and most of those arms were snatched up by ISIS. Everything they have talked about in foreign policy they have been wrong about for 20 years."
ISIS may have existed as far back as 20 years, depending on who you believe. What is indisputable is that they are fighting their war largely with US supplied weapons and didn't start to really kick ass until the Syrian opposition was armed by the US. Charley Wilson, Juan McLouse, Lindsey Graham, or the easily beaten Iraqi Army, doesn't matter. The US government is where the blame lies.

I agree with Paul but also realize that plenty of dems signed on to the overthrow of saddam and fully believe they are just as responsible.

Pelosi for example was recently caught trying to rewrite history concerning her green lighting the Iraq war. Her support for the war lead to many other democrats voting yes when they probably wouldn't have had she not green lighted the war.

Clinton on the other hand wisely admitted her vote for the war in Iraq was a mistake. Plain & simple.

Forum List

Back