Rand Paul: "Having More Than 7 Days Of Food Makes You A Suspected Terrorist"

This is in a new bill that will be voted on today and people are just becoming aware of this because the bill was written in secret. Rand Paul lays out a chilling display of what can happen in this bill which I call 'Catastrophic' to our freedoms as U.S. citizens. I will let you listen to Rand Pauls lecture on this bill proposed by Senator Lindsey Graham and of all people, Senator John McCain who is a war vet. It is clear they are not representing the people and are definitely not respecting the U.S. Constitution. I have a bad feeling Rand Paul is a little to late to stop this.

ATTENTION PREPPERS - Having More Than 7 Days Of Food Makes You A Suspected Terrorist - YouTube

Do you have the bill number?

This is in a new bill that will be voted on today and people are just becoming aware of this because the bill was written in secret. Rand Paul lays out a chilling display of what can happen in this bill which I call 'Catastrophic' to our freedoms as U.S. citizens. I will let you listen to Rand Pauls lecture on this bill proposed by Senator Lindsey Graham and of all people, Senator John McCain who is a war vet. It is clear they are not representing the people and are definitely not respecting the U.S. Constitution. I have a bad feeling Rand Paul is a little to late to stop this.

ATTENTION PREPPERS - Having More Than 7 Days Of Food Makes You A Suspected Terrorist - YouTube

Deep inside the National Defense Authorization Act (S. 1867) that the Senate is currently considering is a dangerous and unconstitutional portion that needs to be stripped out. Congress would grant the President the power to use the military in order to detain certain individuals, including American citizens, without trial or due process, indefinitely.

Section 1031 of the National Defense Authorization Act reads: “Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force … includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons…. [including] [d]etention under the law of war without trial….” This “indefinite detention” section hands over to the Executive Branch the power to have the military arrest U.S. citizens. No trial needed. Simple suspicion would suffice.
Stop Indefinite Detention of U.S. Citizens Without Due Process | The Moral Liberal

S1867

The spending bill, S. 1867,

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112s1867pcs/pdf/BILLS-112s1867pcs.pdf

Marxists on the left + Neocons on the right = TOTALITARIANISM

You actually have no idea what a "Neocon" is, do you?

Not sure if serious.

The Bush Doctrine of preventive war was explicitly stated in the National Security Council text "National Security Strategy of the United States," published September 20, 2002. "We must deter and defend against the threat before it is unleashed . . . even if uncertainty remains as to the time and place of the enemy's attack... The United States will, if necessary, act preemptively."[54]

The choice to not use the word 'preventive' in the 2002 National Security Strategy, and instead use the word 'preemptive' was largely in anticipation of the widely perceived illegality of preventive attacks in international law, via both Charter Law and Customary Law.[55]

Policy analysts noted that the Bush Doctrine as stated in the 2002 NSC document bore a strong resemblance to recommendations originally presented in a controversial Defense Planning Guidance draft written in 1992 by Paul Wolfowitz, under the first Bush administration.[56]

The Bush Doctrine was greeted with accolades by many neoconservatives. When asked whether he agreed with the Bush Doctrine, Max Boot said he did, and that “I think [Bush is] exactly right to say we can’t sit back and wait for the next terrorist strike on Manhattan. We have to go out and stop the terrorists overseas. We have to play the role of the global policeman. . . . But I also argue that we ought to go further.”[57] Discussing the significance of the Bush Doctrine, neoconservative writer William Kristol claimed: “The world is a mess. And, I think, it’s very much to Bush’s credit that he's gotten serious about dealing with it. . . . The danger is not that we’re going to do too much. The danger is that we're going to do too little.”[58]
Neoconservatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess that makes 90% of Americans suspects. I don't know many people who have less than seven days worth of food on hand, lol. Hell, I usually have two weeks worth, and if I buy the extra freezer I want, I will have a lot more. Damn, better lock me up now.

President Obama has threatened to veto it. Shouldn't a sorry racist support it now?

I guess that makes 90% of Americans suspects. I don't know many people who have less than seven days worth of food on hand, lol. Hell, I usually have two weeks worth, and if I buy the extra freezer I want, I will have a lot more. Damn, better lock me up now.

Next time there's a hurricane threat down here I guess I'm going to have to first clear it with the DoD, DHS, FBI, ATF, DEA, etc if I want to stock up on food without ending up on some list somewhere.

What freedoms have you lost in the last 20 years?

The freedom to stand at a train terminal without machine gun wielding police demanding "Papers Please" and searching my bags..

We are FAR less free than we were 20 years ago. Partially because of technology, everything you do is watched, everything.

Ya know what? That stuff doesn't bother me at all....it actually makes me feel a little safer. I have nothing to hide, i don't care if someone wants to check my bags and make sure i'm not some terrorist trying to get on that train or plane or bus! I don't care if there's camera's everyplace, because i have nothing to hide. 9-11 changed our country. Something had to be put in place to keep Americans safe because what they were doing before didn't work.

There's been many attacks stopped because of the security put in place. There's been many people caught breaking laws because camera's had them covered. So unless you have something to hide, i don't understand why someone wouldn't want to know they'll be safe when traveling or just walking down the street!

S 1867
1032;
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

Sec. 1031 was passed during President Bush and I don't find a reference to sec. 1031 in 1867, just 1032

Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Sponsor; Sponsor: Sen Levin, Carl [MI] (introduced 11/15/2011) Cosponsors (None)

I don't seem to be able to find anything by McCain and Graham on this.
Does anybody have it?

What freedoms have you lost in the last 20 years?

The freedom to stand at a train terminal without machine gun wielding police demanding "Papers Please" and searching my bags..

We are FAR less free than we were 20 years ago. Partially because of technology, everything you do is watched, everything.

Ya know what? That stuff doesn't bother me at all....it actually makes me feel a little safer. I have nothing to hide, i don't care if someone wants to check my bags and make sure i'm not some terrorist trying to get on that train or plane or bus! I don't care if there's camera's everyplace, because i have nothing to hide. 9-11 changed our country. Something had to be put in place to keep Americans safe because what they were doing before didn't work.

There's been many attacks stopped because of the security put in place. There's been many people caught breaking laws because camera's had them covered. So unless you have something to hide, i don't understand why someone wouldn't want to know they'll be safe when traveling or just walking down the street!

Well all these new laws also make it legal for the POTUS to ship political dissenters off to Gitmo to be imprisoned indefinitely. So I hope you're happy with the current administration.

Wow...

Forum List

Back