Rand Paul: "Having More Than 7 Days Of Food Makes You A Suspected Terrorist"

S 1867
1032;
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

Sec. 1031 was passed during President Bush and I don't find a reference to sec. 1031 in 1867, just 1032

Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Sponsor; Sponsor: Sen Levin, Carl [MI] (introduced 11/15/2011) Cosponsors (None)

I don't seem to be able to find anything by McCain and Graham on this.
Does anybody have it?

Ive tried reading it....

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112s1867pcs/pdf/BILLS-112s1867pcs.pdf

Reads like a bad novel :doubt:

S 1867
1032;
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

Sec. 1031 was passed during President Bush and I don't find a reference to sec. 1031 in 1867, just 1032

Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Sponsor; Sponsor: Sen Levin, Carl [MI] (introduced 11/15/2011) Cosponsors (None)

I don't seem to be able to find anything by McCain and Graham on this.
Does anybody have it?

It just means that US citizens aren't required to be detained, not that they can't be if the president desires to do so.

(2) Text of the Bill

The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (S.1867), Subtitle D – Detainee Matters, section 1031: Affirmation of the authority of authority of the Armed Forces of the US to detain covered persons pursuant to the authorization for the use of military force:

(a) In General – Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)) pending disposition under the law of war.

(b) Covered Persons – A covered person under this section is any person as follows:

1.A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
2.A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the US or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.
(c) Disposition Under Law of War – The disposition of a person under the law of war as described in subsection (a) may include the following:

1.Detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
2.Trial under chapter 47A of title 10, US Code (as amended by the Military Commissions Act of 2009 (title XVIII of Public Law 111-84)).
3.Transfer for trial by an alternative court or competent tribunal having lawful jurisdiction.
4.Transfer to the custody or control of the person’s country of origin, any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity.
(d) Construction – Nothing in this section is intended to limit or expand the authority of the President or the scope of the Authorization for Use of Military Force.

(e) Requirement for Briefings of Congress – The Secretary of Defense shall regularly brief Congress regarding the application of the authority described in this section, including the organizations, entities, and individuals considered to be `covered persons’ for purposes of subsection (b)(2).
Another bill before Congress pushing the USA further into the dark of endless war, stripping away our liberties « Fabius Maximus

Of course I don't support it any legislation that kook dreams up. As for putting Americans in jail w/out due process, I would never support that under any cirmcumstance.

We have a big puppet gov't that's controlled by big corporations.

1 are each amended by inserting after the item relating to
2 chapter 667 the following new item:
‘‘669. Maritime Safety of Forces .............................................................. 7921’’.
3 Subtitle D—Detainee Matters
4 SEC. 1031. AFFIRMATION OF AUTHORITY OF THE ARMED
5 FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES TO DETAIN
6 COVERED PERSONS PURSUANT TO THE AU-
7 THORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE.
8 (a) IN GENERAL.
—Congress affirms that the author-
9 ity of the President to use all necessary and appropriate
10 force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military
11 Force (Public Law 107–40) includes the authority for the
12 Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered per-
13 sons (as defined in subsection (b)) pending disposition
14 under the law of war.
15 (b) COVERED PERSONS.—A covered person under
16 this section is any person as follows:
17 (1) A person who planned, authorized, com-
18 mitted, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred
19 on September 11, 2001, or harbored those respon-
20 sible for those attacks.
21 (2) A person who was a part of or substantially
22 supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces
23 that are engaged in hostilities against the United
24 States or its coalition partners, including any person
25 who has committed a belligerent act or has directly
VerDate Mar 15 2010 01:53 Nov 16, 2011 Jkt 019200 PO 00000 Frm 00359 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 E:\BILLS\S1867.PCS S1867
tjames on DSK6SPTVN1PROD with BILLS360
•S 1867 PCS
1 supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy
2 forces.
3 (c) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR.—The dis-
4 position of a person under the law of war as described
5 in subsection (a) may include the following:
6 (1) Detention under the law of war without
7 trial until the end of the hostilities authorized by the
8 Authorization for Use of Military Force.
9 (2) Trial under chapter 47A of title 10, United
10 States Code (as amended by the Military Commis-
11 sions Act of 2009 (title XVIII of Public Law 111–
12 84)).
13 (3) Transfer for trial by an alternative court or
14 competent tribunal having lawful jurisdiction.
15 (4) Transfer to the custody or control of the
16 person’s country of origin, any other foreign coun-
17 try, or any other foreign entity.
18 (d) CONSTRUCTION.—Nothing in this section is in-
19 tended to limit or expand the authority of the President
20 or the scope of the Authorization for Use of Military
21 Force.
22 (e) REQUIREMENT FOR BRIEFINGS OF CONGRESS.—
23 The Secretary of Defense shall regularly brief Congress
24 regarding the application of the authority described in this
25 section, including the organizations, entities, and individVerDate Mar 15 2010 01:53 Nov 16, 2011 Jkt 019200 PO 00000 Frm 00360 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 E:\BILLS\S1867.PCS S1867
tjames on DSK6SPTVN1PROD with BILLS361
•S 1867 PCS
1 uals considered to be ‘‘covered persons’’ for purposes of
2 subsection (b)(2).

Im still looking for the missing fingers and too food and dry ammo part... I do trust Rand Paul knows what he is talking about, but I cant find it :confused:

‘‘669. Maritime Safety of Forces .............................................................. 7921’’.
8 (a) IN GENERAL.
14 under the law of war.
VerDate Mar 15 2010 01:53 Nov 16, 2011 Jkt 019200 PO 00000 Frm 00359 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 E:\BILLS\S1867.PCS S1867
•S 1867 PCS
2 forces.
12 84)).
21 Force.
25 section, including the organizations, entities, and individVerDate Mar 15 2010 01:53 Nov 16, 2011 Jkt 019200 PO 00000 Frm 00360 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 E:\BILLS\S1867.PCS S1867
•S 1867 PCS
2 subsection (b)(2).

Im still looking for the missing fingers and too food and dry ammo part... I do trust Rand Paul knows what he is talking about, but I cant find it :confused:

Perfect reason to make each bill stand ALONE, rather than be 600+ pages long and cover numerous topics.

Big Government has to control everything. It's all about the control.

Psst. Let me shine some much needed light on your dusty corporate apologist mind. 100% of legislation passed concerning food is paid for and backed by multinational corporations like Monsanto & Cargill. Corporations have bought our legislative branch, and now it makes laws solely for corporate benefit. Look at the veggie libel laws and explain to me how on earth those are "constitutional"...

Why would food corps want to limit how much product Americans purchase?

Ya know what? That stuff doesn't bother me at all....it actually makes me feel a little safer. I have nothing to hide, i don't care if someone wants to check my bags and make sure i'm not some terrorist trying to get on that train or plane or bus! I don't care if there's camera's everyplace, because i have nothing to hide. 9-11 changed our country. Something had to be put in place to keep Americans safe because what they were doing before didn't work.

There's been many attacks stopped because of the security put in place. There's been many people caught breaking laws because camera's had them covered. So unless you have something to hide, i don't understand why someone wouldn't want to know they'll be safe when traveling or just walking down the street!

Bullshit....!

The terrorist that were caught (i.e. shoe bomber, Times Square bomber, Nadal Hassan -Ft Hood shooter) all caught by citizens.... TSA has stopped no attacks!
Its all been done by vigilant citizens not goon squads demanding papers and such.

This is America folks.... not Soviet Russia!

If we think it is OK for authorities to demand entry into our private affairs for NO good reason, then the terrorists have won. :evil:

If I have committed no crime and have given authorities no reason to bother me... I want to be left alone, and as for the airports.... when will we check the ones who have ALWAYS caused the problems (Mid Easterner men)?

8 (a) IN GENERAL.
14 under the law of war.
•S 1867 PCS
2 forces.
12 84)).
21 Force.
•S 1867 PCS
2 subsection (b)(2).

Perfect reason to make each bill stand ALONE, rather than be 600+ pages long and cover numerous topics.

Exactly why I just posted ONE section.... :eusa_eh:

That shit is rediculous!

Ya know what? That stuff doesn't bother me at all....it actually makes me feel a little safer. I have nothing to hide, i don't care if someone wants to check my bags and make sure i'm not some terrorist trying to get on that train or plane or bus! I don't care if there's camera's everyplace, because i have nothing to hide. 9-11 changed our country. Something had to be put in place to keep Americans safe because what they were doing before didn't work.

There's been many attacks stopped because of the security put in place. There's been many people caught breaking laws because camera's had them covered. So unless you have something to hide, i don't understand why someone wouldn't want to know they'll be safe when traveling or just walking down the street!

I've repeatedly heard that we should not safeguard liberty if we have nothing to hide.

I have nothing to hide, yet I still demand that the GOVERNMENT be restrained from search and seizure absent warrant or cause.

The bill of course doesn't explicitly define what a "terrorist" is because that would be a limit on its authority. It's up to the discretion of the Federal Government as to what constitutes a terrorist. A leaked DoD Training Manual isn't exactly encouraging:

The Department of Defense is training all of its personnel in its current Antiterrorism and Force Protection Annual Refresher Training Course that political protest is "low-level terrorism."

The Training introduction reads as follows:

"Anti-terrorism (AT) and Force Protection (FP) are two facets of the Department of Defense (DoD) Mission Assurance Program. It is DoD policy, as found in DoDI 2000.16, that the DoD Components and the DoD elements and personnel shall be protected from terrorist acts through a high pirority, comprehensive, AT program. The DoD's AT program shall be all encompassing using an integrated systems approach."

The first question of the Terrorism Threat Factors, "Knowledge Check 1" section reads as follows:

Which of the following is an example of low-level terrorism activity?

Select the correct answer and then click Check Your Answer.

O Attacking the Pentagon

O IEDs

O Hate crimes against racial groups

O Protests

The "correct" answer is Protests.

A copy of this can be found on the last two pages of this pdf. http://www.aclu.org/images/general/asset_upload_file89_39820.pdf

The ACLU learned of this training and on June 10, 2009 sent a letter to Gail McGinn, Acting Under-Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, objecting to their training all DoD personnel that the exercise of First Amendment rights constitutes "low-level terrorism."

For those who have worried about a trend - evident, for example, in the USA PATRIOT Act, the universal and ongoing government surveillance of all of Americans' electronic communications that began in February of 2001 (seven months before 9/11), the global war on a tactic (terrorism), therefore making this war unending, the unprecedented pre-emptive arrests of protestors at the 2008 Republican National Convention with those protesters being charged as "domestic terrorists," the justifications for torture, pre-emptive wars of aggression, ongoing occupations, American gulags such as Bagram, suspension of habeas corpus, and "prolonged detention" for acts someone might commit, not what they have done, FBI et al infiltration of protest groups and the government's acknowledged use of undercover agents (agents provocateurs) in said infiltration, thus giving the government under the rubric of fighting domestic terrorism unrestrained and unsupervisable power to suppress legitimate political activities, the unleashing and justifications for Christian fascists to murder those they do not like (such as the assassination of Dr. George Tiller and the killing at the Holocaust Museum a few days ago) - this news adds further fuel to the fire.

These are not items from some famously vilified, non-US dictatorial regime. These are items from the good ole USA, land of the free and home of the brave.

Just how brave are we now? How free are we still? Are we brave enough to be "winter soldiers" and stand up against these fascist moves? Or will we go down in history in infamy, the way the "Good Germans" of the 1930s and 1940s did?
DoD Training Manual: Protests are "Low-Level Terrorism" - Dennis Loo - Open Salon

Leaked FBI Memo: http://www.aclu.org/pdfs/tmcterrorismmemo.pdf

What freedoms have you lost in the last 20 years?

The freedom to stand at a train terminal without machine gun wielding police demanding "Papers Please" and searching my bags..

We are FAR less free than we were 20 years ago. Partially because of technology, everything you do is watched, everything.

I learned a couple of weeks ago that if you forget your luggage somewhere in the airport, not only will your luggage be destroyed, but you will be fined $250. In other words, it's a crime not to have a perfect memory.

In Baltimore it's a $500 fine for not wearing your seat belt.

One thing about stupid people is that they are proud to let the whole world know just how stupid they are.

Big Government has to control everything. It's all about the control. I'm just so sad so many Americans sit back and allow the abuse. Oh well,they have their big screen TVs,stupid reality shows,Twitter,and their porn so i guess that's all they need. Nevermind the fact their Freedom & Liberty is disappearing. What a country.

What freedoms have you lost in the last 20 years?
The freedom to not be afraid to speak truth to power, or else get labeled a terrorist. The freedom to do things we all used to do before, without a 2nd thought, but now are deemed suspicious. The freedom to protest peacefully without being assaulted. The freedom to have a fair trial and hearing without being jailed indefinitely. The list goes on, but if you aren't aware, you fit right in with the rest of the of the idiots that don't know or want to know what the fuck is going on.

Scoff again if you must, but do so at your own peril. Consider who the government designates as potential terrorists, according to its own missives: people who oppose Obama’s policies; people who stockpile food; people who oppose one-world government; Christians; military veterans returning from overseas engagements; people unhappy with the government’s actions at Waco, Texas, and Ruby Ridge, Idaho; and people opposed to gun control. The Department of Justice and FBI have even sent a form to military-surplus stores describing how to identify suspicious people and instructing them to watch for those who pay with cash; are missing fingers; have a strange smell; make bulk purchases of ammunition, meals ready to eat and flashlights; or who express a concern about privacy.

Coupled with recent news that police and military are now deploying drones over American cities, it’s easy to see — for those who care to look — exactly where we are headed. In the eyes of our government, we are all terrorists now and subject to permanent imprisonment or extermination.

We Are All Terrorists Now : Personal Liberty Digest™[P11559932]&rrid=394940233

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/wp-content/uploads/ColoradoFBISurplusStore.pdf

BTW..What freedoms were we at risk of loosing at the hands of Al CIADuh, and other fake terrorists BS, that we had to "go fight them over there before they came over here" and threatened our freedoms? Or to install military police state measures here at home?
Seems like the very ones who are supposed to uphold our constitution are the ones taking away our freedoms, instead of the so called "terrorists".
Too many Americans are gladly trading away liberty for a false sense of security.
IMO all these measures are being put in place because of the impending economic collapse, among other things like the BS Federal Reserve scam, that the PTB thinks perhaps the public will wake up to and realize they have been fucked over and protest and revolt.
I personally think the American public is, and has been too fucking stupid to realize anything, and when they do, they don't have the balls to join together to try to make the changes needed, so the PTB don't have anything to worry about.

11-24-11 Freedom Watch - The Plain Truth - YouTube

I would imagine such a bill would make it possible to disappear pedophiles much more easily.

Do cows count as "food on hand"?

I guess all food warehouses will be terrorist organizations?

And just how much is a days worth of food?
It varies from person to person.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back