Rand Paul detained by TSA

I think he chose this as an opportunity to make a stand, he is doing it so that you don't have to. Thank the man, I will.

For Rand Paul :clap2::clap2::clap2:

MUST you fly or is it an option?

Actually, no one HAS to fly...they do it for convenience....so I dont have to go through scanners or be pat down....I choose to if I choose to fly...

How the hell would one get to Europe or Asia without flying? Slow boat to china?

However they did it before commercial flights...or...they can fly....but deal with the groping.....or opt not to conduct business overseas.....or opt to take a boat....

Perhaps....but regardless, the rules apply to everyone...and until the rules are changed they should continue to apply to everyone.

I wonder how Mr. Paul would have felt if a man in muslim garb rang off the detector bell and the man refused a patdown and the TSA let him through anyway.....

Civil disobedience is a way to change bad rules. Hopefully everyone refuses to submit to TSA nonsense.

Rand Paul wants to abolish the TSA, so what do you think?

The TSA has kept our airways safe for ten years

Rand Paul is just soft on terrorism

They have also kept us safe from little old ladies and dirty diapers. Those are the real threats that they have been successful at conquering.

Perhaps....but regardless, the rules apply to everyone...and until the rules are changed they should continue to apply to everyone.

I wonder how Mr. Paul would have felt if a man in muslim garb rang off the detector bell and the man refused a patdown and the TSA let him through anyway.....

Civil disobedience is a way to change bad rules. Hopefully everyone refuses to submit to TSA nonsense.

And yet they've never detected nor stopped any actual act of terrorism.

So...in other words...it is a deterrant.

Or do you believe that after 9-11 all of the bad people out there said "We will no longer carry weapons on an airliner becuase the American people dont like it when we do"

I guess Rand Paul thinks the rules don't apply to him

I don't think that's the point.

This is a perfect example of political correctness run amuck.

What is political correct?

Paul set off a scanner and was asked to submit to a patdown. It is the price we pay for freedom.
Getting pat down like a prisoner is "freedom"? :confused:

Tell us rightwinger, how many terrorist acts have been stopped by the TSA patting passengers down?

According to this article, he wasn't detained, he was simply refused entry.

TSA turns away Sen. Rand Paul at airport checkpoint - CNN.com

And if this article is true, why did Rand Paul lie?
“I spoke with him five minutes ago and he was being detained indefinitely,” Paul spokesperson Moira Bagley said. “The image scan went off; he refused patdown.”

MSNBC is reporting that he is detained.

Wording mix up perhaps?

MUST you fly or is it an option?

Actually, no one HAS to fly...they do it for convenience....so I dont have to go through scanners or be pat down....I choose to if I choose to fly...

Why can't I choose to fly and choose not to be groped?

I don't have to speak either but I want the right to.

becuase flying includes having to be groped...it is that simple.

I would like to drive at 100 MPH...should I be allowed to on a public highway?

If I choose to drive, I must maintain the speed limit...

So what you are saying is that Rosa Parks should have moved to the back of the bus?

He disagrees with the law and he wants it changed. He chose this method to challenge it. I am sure he knew the consequences. I have every right to try and get a law changed that I disagree with. You have the right to petition your government and get the speed limit laws changed. You could do that by driving 100 mph everywhere if you chose but you have to be willing to suffer the consequences.

They have also kept us safe from little old ladies and dirty diapers. Those are the real threats that they have been successful at conquering.

Nothing says a terrorist can't hire a little old lady or mother with a baby to smuggle explosives through a checkpoint.

TSA has kept us safe for ten years, Rand Paul would open up our sky's to terrorists

Or do you believe that after 9-11 all of the bad people out there said "We will no longer carry weapons on an airliner becuase the American people dont like it when we do"

My Latin's a little rusty, but I believe "post hoc ergo propter hoc" applies in this case.

So what you are saying is that Rosa Parks should have moved to the back of the bus?

He disagrees with the law and he wants it changed. He chose this method to challenge it. I am sure he knew the consequences. I have every right to try and get a law changed that I disagree with. You have the right to petition your government and get the speed limit laws changed. You could do that by driving 100 mph everywhere if you chose but you have to be willing to suffer the consequences.

Rosa Parks chose to boycott the bus line because she did not like their policies. rand Paul is free to boycott the airlines if he wants to open our sky's to terrorists

My Latin's a little rusty, but I believe "post hoc ergo propter hoc" applies in this case.

Curious...

We have not been attacked by terrorists since 2001..

I believe Bush and many of the policies he set in place kept us safe.

Are you saying such is not the case...are yoiu saying we are safe becuase...well....because the terrorists have no interest in us anymore?

I don't think that's the point.

This is a perfect example of political correctness run amuck.

What is political correct?

Paul set off a scanner and was asked to submit to a patdown. It is the price we pay for freedom.
Getting pat down like a prisoner is "freedom"? :confused:

Tell us rightwinger, how many terrorist acts have been stopped by the TSA patting passengers down?

How many terrorist acts have been stopped by TSA in the last ten years?

All of them.....they should be very proud of their record. Their procedures are working

And you know that how exactly? They aren't mind readers...they are there to HELP prevent weapons and explosive from making it onto aircraft. Detection of terrorists is the job of the CIA,FBI,..homeland security... TSA is a last resort stop gap safety measure. Rand does not HAVE to fly on public commercial aircraft. He isn't forced to fly on bizjets either.. there are a lot of more inexpensive options flying anywhere around the country. He is welcome to get a pilots liscence as I have and with that and a debit card he can rent a plane almost anywhere. In that private plane he can transport ANYTHING he wants to. He is on his honor to not break any laws.

Rosa Parks chose to boycott the bus line because she did not like their policies. rand Paul is free to boycott the airlines if he wants to open our sky's to terrorists

So what your saying is you're incapable of admitting their is some middle ground we could compromise on.

You would rather subject ALL Americans to humiliation than actually target our possible enemies.

Telling

Yes...he disagreed with the law...and he rebelled by not allowing a pat down.

So he was not allowed on the plane....he won that battle.....dont think anyone at the TSA really cared if he made that flight or not.

Not sure where he was going....but it seems he likely inconvenienced someone else who he had an appointment with.

Forum List

Back