Rand Paul Begs President Biden For Relief Aid After Deadly Tornados. After A Career Of Voting No When Others Needed Aid

Well many are quick to mock the Senator but I think that is unkind. I think its to his credit that he is willing to ditch his principles to buy the votes of his constituents.

He doesnt explain where this money should come from ?

Has Senator Paul ever ditched his fiscal conservatism before ?

Maybe read the articles you attach?

"He said he would have supported the bill if it reappropriated funds from other areas, rather than add on additional spending, reported WFPL, a Louisville-area news radio station.

"I would have given them 9 billion and I would've taken the 9 billion from somewhere else," he said. "I would have taken it from foreign aid and said you know what, we don't have money for Egypt or Pakistan this year because we have to help the Northeast."

I'm all for helping them. I'm discussing Rand being two faced.

The OP didn't read the article, did you?

"He said he would have supported the bill if it reappropriated funds from other areas, rather than add on additional spending, reported WFPL, a Louisville-area news radio station.

"I would have given them 9 billion and I would've taken the 9 billion from somewhere else," he said. "I would have taken it from foreign aid and said you know what, we don't have money for Egypt or Pakistan this year because we have to help the Northeast."

A bit like the people in other states that needed help and he objected to. Where is the difference ?

The unread article you attached said the following, "He said he would have supported the bill if it reappropriated funds from other areas, rather than add on additional spending, reported WFPL, a Louisville-area news radio station. I would have given them 9 billion and I would've taken the 9 billion from somewhere else," he said. "I would have taken it from foreign aid and said you know what, we don't have money for Egypt or Pakistan this year because we have to help the Northeast."

I'm on my phone but awhile back he made a big spectacle against one of the spending bills. He made a big show in putting on a filibuster against it. He then voted for it.
so you dont have any specifics,,

spending bills dont mean people in need from a natural disaster,, most times its from their own irresponsible acts,,

the money comes from the money people in his state already gave the fed gov,,, dumbass

[I suspect the dumbass is not pknopp]

Kentucky is ranked the second most federally dependent state in the nation.

A recent study by WalletHub looked at two key factors: state government dependency and resident dependency. Kentucky’s government is ranked fourth in dependency on federal money, but is only ranked 23rd in the share of federal jobs. Analyst Jill Gonzalez said there are some drawbacks to being so dependent on federal money.

“So federally if any crisis were going to happen it would probably affect Kentucky more than other states,” she said.

Gonzalez said federal funding makes up about 40 percent of Kentucky’s revenue, the 4th highest rate in the country. However, she said Kentuckians are getting more money back from the federal government than what they put in.

“For every dollar a Kentuckian gives, they’re actually getting $2.61 back so that’s a really good return on their federal investment,” she said.

Maybe read the articles you attach?

He said that concerning aid for the people hit by storm in the north east. He did not say that about the aid he is seeking for Kentucky..

[I suspect the dumbass is not pknopp]

Kentucky is ranked the second most federally dependent state in the nation.

A recent study by WalletHub looked at two key factors: state government dependency and resident dependency. Kentucky’s government is ranked fourth in dependency on federal money, but is only ranked 23rd in the share of federal jobs. Analyst Jill Gonzalez said there are some drawbacks to being so dependent on federal money.

“So federally if any crisis were going to happen it would probably affect Kentucky more than other states,” she said.

Gonzalez said federal funding makes up about 40 percent of Kentucky’s revenue, the 4th highest rate in the country. However, she said Kentuckians are getting more money back from the federal government than what they put in.

“For every dollar a Kentuckian gives, they’re actually getting $2.61 back so that’s a really good return on their federal investment,” she said.
Does Rand Paul not protest about this egregious waste of public funds ?

Forum List

Back