Rancher's killing draws citizens, officials

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Angelhair, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Near Portal - More than 350 people gathered outside a small schoolhouse Wednesday night to deliver suggestions to politicians and law enforcement officials about what needs to be done to restore safety to the area after the slaying of rancher Robert Krentz.

The meeting was calm and orderly, but the frustration and anger felt by the community were evident as ranchers took the microphone. Community members said they've been warning government officials for years that something like this would happen, and that they were ignored.

Rancher's killing draws citizens, officials

2. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    The comments on the story covered what should be done but, how are the people going to get the legislators to take action when many of them are supporting amnesty again? They all need kicked out of DC

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Vote out EVERY politician in WA and elsewhere who support amnesty! Do your homework to find out who they are and then kick the bums out, out, out!!!

4. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    "While it is not known at this time who shot the man, it should be remembered that there is a big difference between an undocumented worker and a drug smuggler. In my time I have never met an undocumented worker with a gun and I doubt the rancher was putting out water bottles for smugglers.

It is not fair to lump people fleeing poverty and lack of opportunity together with people smuggling drugs."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    So maybe it isn't fair to lump them together, but if i go riding my horse along the border this spring, as i usually do, (I have a childhood friend on the border) is it fair to me to prevent myself from defending myself and my horse from the drug smugglers?
    How about if one of the poor "poverty fleerers" look threatening and i draw on them?

Both drug smugglers and the seasonal workers break the law. How am I supposed to tell the difference between a seasonal worker who reaches under their jacket for a cookie to feed my horse and a drug smuggler reaching for a gun.

Crossing the border legally would solve that problem and end that risk for both the seasonal worker and myself and my mount.

FYI- I have left hundreds of gallons of water along the border for those in need, without regard to nationality or legal status.
    I als ride armed, and have drawn up on individuals in the desert.

See the thing is, they are not supposed to be there, if they followed the law, they wouldn't "lumped in" with the smugglers, nor would they be at risk of running into an armed legal citizen riding on private property, like me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Actually, drug smugglers are here illegally, and undocumented workers are here illegally...so they ARE the same!
    That was easy.

7. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Say this to poor Mr. Krentz who survived thousands of encounters with undocumented workers in his long life TOTALLY UNHARMED and was tragically killed by a gun probably fired by a "mule".

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  8. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Slackjawed, listen:

When illegal aliens cross the border they are following the SAME BASIC INSTINCT you do when you seek cheaper medical treatment in Mexico.

The instinct to PAY LESS (in your case) and EARN MORE (in their case).

OK, I know yoiu do it LEGALLY (Mexico craves for your dollars while America is more ambivalent towards those mexicans' workforce). So they do it illegally because they do not have a choice.

I'm not stating America does not have the right to round them all up and deport them.

I'm just saying:

Make an effort to be more understanding of them because they are following the same basic instinct that drives you to seek cheaper medical treatment in mexican Nogales or anywhere else in Mexico.

BTW, I hope you are feeling well.

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    THat doesn't even make sense. The people who lived there KNEW something was going to happen because of the sheer NUMBERS of people running back and forth.

And something did.

10. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    mexico is a shithole. we should detonate nukes along the border so anyone trying to cross comes down with radiation sickness and dies, slowly and painfully.

i hope you are feeling well.