How much does your school district pay for ESL?

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by chanel, Mar 31, 2010.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Schools around this country are laying off teachers and other school personnel like never before. Class sizes will go up; academic programs are being cut; as well as sports and extracurricular activities. Have you attended a school board meeting? Has anyone ever asked how much it is costing to educate illegal aliens and anchor babies in your child's school? You won't get a straight answer, but ask anyway. It should be part of the conversation, in light of these dire times. I'd like to see that question in the paper every time they report on cuts, layoffs and/or school tax increases.

2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    quien sabe?

3. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Not in a good mood del. 36 teachers in my district will be laid off IF the budget passes. If it doesn't, who knows how many? My principal (who I adore) may also lose his job. It just fuckin sux, ya know? But the good news is that the ESL program not only won't be cut, they just got an increase. How do you say "ladeefuckindah" en espanol? :evil:

4. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    i've no idea. i favor immersion, myself, but it's the SPED budget that's croaking my town.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Somewhere a mandate must have come down in mid-2000's. 2003 and before, our high school district spent $0, favored Del's plan of immersion. Beginning in 2003 it was $400k+. 2005, $650k+. That was the last budget I found, on page 203. Not looking again for more current. ;)

Special Ed expenditures 2005= $1,675,000.

6. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    More and more children here illegally qualify for special ed - being that their moms never received much in prenatal care in their country. So they come here illegally and the schools HAVE to give them the special education they need. If only americans knew how much they cost this country we would probably have a revolution.

7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,866
    Maybe the teachers should be retrained to keep up with the times.

:eusa_whistle:

8. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Um. Yeah - that's the ticket. Multi-linguistic teachers could save the states billions. :cuckoo:

I can't find dollar figures, but according to NJ DOE website, there were over 300,000 LEP students in the state of NJ.

And yes, special education costs are absolutely ridiculous. But no one will dare go near that one. Can't you hear it now "They are going after the HANDICAPPED CHILDREN!"?

Just remember folks - for every new ESL/Bilingual teacher hired in the near future, a math teacher may be cut. It's not about equal rights - It's about SPECIAL rights. This shit has got to stop.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Thanks xsited. NJ per pupil costs are twice this:

Rutgers (my alma mater) just launched an interactive immigration map. It's a free guide to free shit. Undocumented and can't find all the free shit? Here ya go!

I quit the alumni association a few years ago when they built the $100 million football stadium and paid the coach $2 mil. Now they are really on my shit list. (not literally - there's no free shit list for the taxpayers). :evil:

Rutgers plans to launch N.J. 'immigration infrastructure map' online | - NJ.com