Ramifications of US' personnel records breach?

andrewbb

Rookie
Jun 24, 2015
Apparently IP address was sourced to China.

The breach had been going on for quite some time. It was only noticed upon review of a network monitoring utility, from what I understand.

The records include name, rank, DOB, salary, promotions, etc. The data-mining possibilities are endless.

As security-clearances were also included, that means all security clearances are suspect. Why? Useful information for identity theft or blackmail.

See link for more:
U.S. government hack could actually affect 18 million - CNNPolitics.com

The breach had been going on for quite some time. It was only noticed upon review of a network monitoring utility, from what I understand.

The records include name, rank, DOB, salary, promotions, etc. The data-mining possibilities are endless.

As security-clearances were also included, that means all security clearances are suspect. Why? Useful information for identity theft or blackmail.

See link for more:

But no worries, they'll get healthcare right!!

See link for more:
It's all good anyway... don't worry about it. We'll all be under one nice big friendly commie transpacific union soon, so just forget about it... we'll all be working for the greater good just like the NWO progs want.

If that data had been available for years, it might explain the sudden increase in millionaire and billionaire Chinese. Blackmail material, payoffs, diversions, etc. Couple that with news about 40 years of food stockpile and bunker understandings... and that should suffice.

If that data had been available for years, it might explain the sudden increase in millionaire and billionaire Chinese. Blackmail material, payoffs, diversions, etc. Couple that with news about 40 years of food stockpile and bunker understandings... and that should suffice.

That makes no sense at all. The database would contain data regarding security clearances. If there were things in that data which might threaten those clearances, the people involved wouldn't have the clearance. So nothing to blackmail.

That makes no sense at all. The database would contain data regarding security clearances. If there were things in that data which might threaten those clearances, the people involved wouldn't have the clearance. So nothing to blackmail.

I understand your perspective and agree with that, however, the reality is those people with clearances kind of run the world. CIA and James Bond dreams... Lots ended up with unlimited bank accounts and carte blanche and diplomatic immunity.

I understand your perspective and agree with that, however, the reality is those people with clearances kind of run the world. CIA and James Bond dreams... Lots ended up with unlimited bank accounts and carte blanche and diplomatic immunity.

I don't think what you wrote has anything to do with reality. CIA folks are government employees and as subject to audit as anyone else. James Bond really is a fictional character.

The threat here is identity theft for the employees and the possibility of attacks by criminals against law enforcement personnel. Not blackmail against high level spies.

See link for more:

I'd hit the Chinese Spy Facility with an EMP and blame it on a freak electric storm. Then again, Obama is more likely to be working with the Chinese

Forum List

Back