Ramadan

A

Amras

Ramadan is the month of fasting and the most sacred holiday in the Muslim religion. During this period muslims must abstain from food, drink and other sensual pleasures from break of dawn to sunset. Fasting is one of the five pillars of Islam. For a muslim it is an act of obedience and submission to Allah.

This is also puts up an interesting question. Is it hard for the muslim communities outside of islamic countries to abide to the strict rules of Ramadan?

Just by reasoning I would say that the moderate climate in North America and Europe is easier to handle than the extreme hot temperature in most arabian countries. On the other hand, in a muslim country there are less temptations and less opportunity to eat during daytime.

It is very important that Muslims attend Eid prayers at the end of Ramadan. Eid is as important to Muslims as Christmas and Yom Kippur are to Christians and Jews.

30 days of fasting, I wish you good luck. :)

This link provides indepth information why muslims fast and what they have to do.

Link to the Quran and Sunnah society: Ramadan and fasting

Thats good news, Dawoud! You're allowed to continue having your wet dreams!!

"(9) It is permissible for the fasting person to be Junub (sexually defiled or having had intercourse or a wet dream) at the time of Fajr (that is, a person is not required to perform ghusl before fajr)"

:laugh:

Emmmmm, do you think that I'm Dawoud?
You're the admin, check your IP logs

:p

Originally posted by Amras
Ramadan is the month of fasting and the most sacred holiday in the Muslim religion. During this period muslims must abstain from food, drink and other sensual pleasures from break of dawn to sunset. Fasting is one of the five pillars of Islam. For a muslim it is an act of obedience and submission to Allah.

This is also puts up an interesting question. Is it hard for the muslim communities outside of islamic countries to abide to the strict rules of Ramadan?

Just by reasoning I would say that the moderate climate in North America and Europe is easier to handle than the extreme hot temperature in most arabian countries. On the other hand, in a muslim country there are less temptations and less opportunity to eat during daytime.

It is very important that Muslims attend Eid prayers at the end of Ramadan. Eid is as important to Muslims as Christmas and Yom Kippur are to Christians and Jews.

30 days of fasting, I wish you good luck. :)

You fast during the day, you party all night. I don't think it would be too hard. Try fasting for four days straight.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
You fast during the day, you party all night. I don't think it would be too hard. Try fasting for four days straight.

Have you ever tried not to drink during a hot summer day. I haven't but I think it's pretty hard. It's certainly not hardcore fasting, many Muslims actually put on weight during Ramadan because they stuff their faces after sunset. It is a good opportunity for muslim families to come together and that alone is a wonderful reason to celebrate.

If I were a muslim, I would sleep during the day, that would make the fasting a lot easier :cool:

I know alot of muslims who dont pray 5 times a day ( me included) dont go to jemma prayers and generally are more Muslim in name (like most christians i might add) than in practice.
But I know very few Muslims who dont fast during Ramadan.
Its a not easy thing to do, but I think the reward is in telling yourself you can do it then acheaving it.
There is also to me a feeling of interconnection with the other 1.3 Billion people doing it at the same time I am.
Because Ramadan is on a lunar cycle by the time a Muslim is a adult he or she will have fasted in all the seasons.

Say jimnyc whats it like to hate one quarter of the people on earth? I guess it makes you feel like a BIG MAN hugh?

So far you have.

Insulted me

My religion

My Arabic (when what i had said was correct you stupid prick)

My sex life (Sorry i dont need wet dreams i have a real life)

And made a offer to have man sex with me ( remember the fvck you message?) sorry jimmie boy im not gay maybe you need to start another thread to find some nice republician boy to sodomize

Say jimnyc whats it like to hate one quarter of the people on earth? I guess it makes you feel like a BIG MAN hugh?

That many? I didn't realize that ALL Muslims either abuse their women or are terrorists. I do recall stating I hated those that fit that criteria, so are you saying they ALL do?

So far you have.

Insulted me

And deservedly so.

My religion

The portion that somehow makes it ok to abuse women in any way, shape or form, yes.

My Arabic (when what i had said was correct you stupid prick)

"Sallam Aleckaham" is correct? Can you please provide references to support that spelling? How many hundreds would you like showing it is "As Salaamu Alaikum"? You inbred, illiterate moron.

My sex life (Sorry i dont need wet dreams i have a real life)

And those that do have wet dreams have no life? Hmmmm..... Must effect a lot of Muslims since even the Qu'ran covers this "issue".

And made a offer to have man sex with me ( remember the fvck you message?) sorry jimmie boy im not gay maybe you need to start another thread to find some nice republician boy to sodomize

Since you didn't even know that the proper greeting is "As Salaamu Alaikum", it doesn't surprise me that you would think that "fuck you" has anything to do with "gay".

Please don't try so hard to sound intelligent, it only serves to make you look foolish. And coupled with your current fasting it's liable to leave you unconscious.

When I went to Yahoo, Google & Dogpile, guess how many entries I found for "Sallam Aleckaham"?

A big fat ZERO on all three.

How many did I find for "As Salaamu Alaikum"?

5,330 - 8150 - 55

Forum List

Back