Raise a Glass to the Slandered Entrepreneur

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Raise a Glass to the Slandered Entrepreneur | Politics & Media | SPLICETODAY.com

Someone recounts the efforts of their father:

I'll do it in pieces.

In any case, not only did my Dad “build” his business, he also had it taken away—by the government. At one point, either the county or state officials decided to widen Sunrise Highway, and so businesses along the strip were the victims of eminent domain and the property upon which the car wash was situated was condemned. He received scant compensation, and for some 18 months, while he searched for a replacement location, his income was vastly reduced. I don’t think this procedure was purposely malevolent on the government’s part—it happens all the time—but unlike Obama’s grand paean to the glory of the “unbelievable American system,” the fact was that my Dad got screwed. (A current example: three years ago, during the Eye of the Recession, Baltimore City reassessed the value of my house and—surprise—listed it at 35 percent more than the purchase price in ’03, a naked grab for higher property taxes.)

Obama has pissed off the small business guy.

Government is wonderful. You believe that....move to Denmark (Chris).

For most of us, we know what it really means.

Keep your roads.....we'll get them built ourselves.

gaster-racist-fuck.jpg

From the article:

I didn’t vote for Obama, won’t this November, but have never bought into all the birther nonsense or absurd demonization of him by right-wing loonies. He’s always struck me as a thoughtful and pleasant man, if aloof, who, however mistakenly, in my opinion, tries his best to govern the country. But the “you didn’t build that” attack—and that’s what it is—on small business owners was the first time I felt a visceral dislike for the man.

From the Lakhota crap talking points:

Without all the infrastructure established with and supported by federal taxes, there would be much fewer worthwhile jobs for Americans. The very wealthy, many of whom are Tea Party backers, would find that their wealth and that of their children was fleeting because without government investment new economic growth will mostly happen overseas.

This is a letter to the editor.

It is amazing that there are people out there who don't have any more understanding of how business works than this and who have no respect for the disaster our government has become. No wonder they need their welfare checks.

Last edited:
Libs might say Barry Hussein's father got screwed too. After a dozen drunken accidents the commie alcoholic bigamist finally killed himself running into a tree.

Raise a Glass to the Slandered Entrepreneur | Politics & Media | SPLICETODAY.com

Someone recounts the efforts of their father:

I'll do it in pieces.

In any case, not only did my Dad “build” his business, he also had it taken away—by the government. At one point, either the county or state officials decided to widen Sunrise Highway, and so businesses along the strip were the victims of eminent domain and the property upon which the car wash was situated was condemned. He received scant compensation, and for some 18 months, while he searched for a replacement location, his income was vastly reduced. I don’t think this procedure was purposely malevolent on the government’s part—it happens all the time—but unlike Obama’s grand paean to the glory of the “unbelievable American system,” the fact was that my Dad got screwed. (A current example: three years ago, during the Eye of the Recession, Baltimore City reassessed the value of my house and—surprise—listed it at 35 percent more than the purchase price in ’03, a naked grab for higher property taxes.)

Obama has pissed off the small business guy.

Government is wonderful. You believe that....move to Denmark (Chris).

For most of us, we know what it really means.

Keep your roads.....we'll get them built ourselves.

Obama did not make eminent domain, nor does the federal government use it. Yup, that is the state government that is responsible for deciding to improve roads and whop gets fucked by that policy.

I must note a number of people in my old town were quite happy with their checks for losing 10 feet of their front yards. It paid off their houses, improved their land value by improving the access to their houses. Their front yards were dug up for a while but afterwards were cleaned up better than they were before. They have sidewalks now to ride bikes and walk on.

Still, for some others it sucks. it still is not obama's fault, and without some sort of bill coming to him from congress ending eminent domain he pretty much can't do a thing.

Oh and you will quote Romney where he says eminent domain is a bad thing, or that he feels the need to restrict it by new federal regulations. I have never heard him go against it, so i would have to think he probably doesn't care, or even approves of it.

From the article:

I didn’t vote for Obama, won’t this November, but have never bought into all the birther nonsense or absurd demonization of him by right-wing loonies. He’s always struck me as a thoughtful and pleasant man, if aloof, who, however mistakenly, in my opinion, tries his best to govern the country. But the “you didn’t build that” attack—and that’s what it is—on small business owners was the first time I felt a visceral dislike for the man.

Without all the infrastructure established with and supported by federal taxes, there would be much fewer worthwhile jobs for Americans. The very wealthy, many of whom are Tea Party backers, would find that their wealth and that of their children was fleeting because without government investment new economic growth will mostly happen overseas.

It is amazing that there are people out there who don't have any more understanding of how business works than this and who have no respect for the disaster our government has become. No wonder they need their welfare checks.

Obviously you're too stupid to grasp the context of his message - or you're simply blinded by Obama hatred. Do you have Obama rabies?

From the article:

Obviously you're too stupid to grasp the context of his message - or you're simply blinded by Obama hatred. Do you have Obama rabies?

Sorry, but he said it...and now it's getting shove up his ass.

I am afraid that stupid lies with you.

Not that it is hard, but way to hammer the fuck out of his argument in the first post.

And again, we see the logicl-less talking whore of the left put on her cheerleading outfit and make a fool out of herself.

Here's one for Lakota the U.S. government lover..

US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations?

A United Nations investigator probing discrimination against Native Americans has called on the US government to return some of the land stolen from Indian tribes as a step toward combatting continuing and systemic racial discrimination.

James Anaya, the UN special rapporteur on the rights of indigenous peoples, said no member of the US Congress would meet him as he investigated the part played by the government in the considerable difficulties faced by Indian tribes

US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations | World news | guardian.co.uk

There's this resturant in Lebenon Ohio named The Golden Lamb. The resturant opened their doors in 1803, the same year that Ohio became a state.

I would bet that the guy who opened that resturant didn't build it or run it or put everything he had into it. I would bet someone else did all that.

By the way, that resturant is still open today. Charles Dickens, Mark Twain and 10 Presidents have eaten there.

Obama did not make eminent domain, nor does the federal government use it. Yup, that is the state government that is responsible for deciding to improve roads and whop gets fucked by that policy.

Which is why you are liberal. And watching you try and hold up your position on the Rush thread was almost comical. Are you going to argue the sun rises in the west...next ?

Government is eminent domain. End of discussion.

I must note a number of people in my old town were quite happy with their checks for losing 10 feet of their front yards. It paid off their houses, improved their land value by improving the access to their houses. Their front yards were dug up for a while but afterwards were cleaned up better than they were before. They have sidewalks now to ride bikes and walk on.

So what ?

Still, for some others it sucks. it still is not obama's fault, and without some sort of bill coming to him from congress ending eminent domain he pretty much can't do a thing.

Government is government...fool. The left does not get that. You didn't build that...someone else did is his way of saying you should be grateful to the government. Which is pure bull.

I'll give you one. A woman in my ward has 12 acres that used to be out in the country. She has a firepit that she and her family have used for decades without incident. It was a place of gathering in summer and winter. Her area was annexed and she has to get a fire permit to use it...which the city pretty much refuses to give her when the wind is supposed to be over 10 mph...which is almost always is around here. End of firepit.....thanks government.

Oh and you will quote Romney where he says eminent domain is a bad thing, or that he feels the need to restrict it by new federal regulations. I have never heard him go against it, so i would have to think he probably doesn't care, or even approves of it.

I don't recall the OP saying anything that blames Obama for E.D. It says government.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

That has to be one of the stupidest posts ever on this board:eusa_clap:

Because...? Come on, tell us why it's stupid. Tell us why the information on that graphic is wrong.

Or... you can just say it's stupid.

Most of that could be and probably should be done without the government, at a lot cheaper cost. The government produces nothing and wastes way too much money. That picture is for morons "spelling and grammer" You people are a joke.:lol:

That has to be one of the stupidest posts ever on this board:eusa_clap:

Because...? Come on, tell us why it's stupid. Tell us why the information on that graphic is wrong.

Or... you can just say it's stupid.

Most of that could be and probably should be done without the government, at a lot cheaper cost. The government produces nothing and wastes way too much money. That picture is for morons "spelling and grammer" You people are a joke.:lol:

Reliable electricity because of the government ?????

I mean...come on.

Allow people to build privately held power plants with access to the grid or let them build their own grids and compete with a utility. I'd sign up.

Stupid assed liberals.

Forum List

Back