Rafael meets the sound of silence

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Rafael Cruz meets the sound of silence
03/12/15
By Steve Benen

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) has only been in the Senate for a couple of years, but he’s been a popular fixture on the Republican speaking circuit. In fact, the far-right Texan has become quite an accomplished orator, delivering polished, red-meat speeches, without notes or a teleprompter, complete with predetermined pauses for applause.

But what happens when Cruz strays from the Republican bubble...

<snip>

Watching the Texas Republican deliver applause lines without applause is surprisingly unnerving. Take a look at this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OWkImxhTFTk

Cruz vows to abolish the IRS. Silence.
Cruz wants to “padlock the I.R.S. building and put all those I.R.S. agents on our southern border.” Silence.
Cruz wants to repeal of “every word” of the Affordable Care Act. Silence.

Weigel talked to some of the attendees and “no one had anything good to say about Cruz.” One IAFF leader said, in reference to Cruz’s speech, “I had to take a shower after listening to that.”

Whoda thunk-----whoda thunk the mostly reliable mostly Republican Firefighters would embarrass Rafael on his home turf? Maybe it was his attempt to poison the vote on funding DHS, or maybe it's...?

Cruz is not really as well liked as believed.
What do you mean? He is probably better liked among the Left than people here believe. He is probably better liked among the right as well.
The Left hates Cruz because he tells it like it is, is young and bright with serius accomplishments. If only he had a cattle trading scandal or payola blemish the libs would lvoe him

What do you mean? He is probably better liked among the Left than people here believe. He is probably better liked among the right as well.
The Left hates Cruz because he tells it like it is, is young and bright with serius accomplishments. If only he had a cattle trading scandal or payola blemish the libs would lvoe him

Are you having trouble making your mind up about Rafael - lessee, first you say "He is probably better liked among the Left than..." Then-----then you say "The Left hates Cruz because..." Do you always have trouble making up your mind or do you need a Fox pundit to tell you where to stand? BTW - the audience of firefighters didn't have the same problem you're having.

Rafael Cruz meets the sound of silence
03/12/15
By Steve Benen

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) has only been in the Senate for a couple of years, but he’s been a popular fixture on the Republican speaking circuit. In fact, the far-right Texan has become quite an accomplished orator, delivering polished, red-meat speeches, without notes or a teleprompter, complete with predetermined pauses for applause.

But what happens when Cruz strays from the Republican bubble...

<snip>

Watching the Texas Republican deliver applause lines without applause is surprisingly unnerving. Take a look at this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OWkImxhTFTk

Cruz vows to abolish the IRS. Silence.
Cruz wants to “padlock the I.R.S. building and put all those I.R.S. agents on our southern border.” Silence.
Cruz wants to repeal of “every word” of the Affordable Care Act. Silence.

Weigel talked to some of the attendees and “no one had anything good to say about Cruz.” One IAFF leader said, in reference to Cruz’s speech, “I had to take a shower after listening to that.”

Whoda thunk-----whoda thunk the mostly reliable mostly Republican Firefighters would embarrass Rafael on his home turf? Maybe it was his attempt to poison the vote on funding DHS, or maybe it's...?

After all the years... still fuckin beautiful.

Are you having trouble making your mind up about Rafael - lessee, first you say "He is probably better liked among the Left than..." Then-----then you say "The Left hates Cruz because..." Do you always have trouble making up your mind or do you need a Fox pundit to tell you where to stand? BTW - the audience of firefighters didn't have the same problem you're having.
SOrry. I realize you are logically challenged so really dont get this without extensive explanation.

SOrry. I realize you are logically challenged so really dont get this without extensive explanation.

I would think, if you had a logical explanation, you'd give a logical explanation, instead of looking clueless but-----but I could be mistaken.

I would think, if you had a logical explanation, you'd give a logical explanation, instead of looking clueless but-----but I could be mistaken.
You appear to be the one looking clueless. You can't even understand my relatively simple statement. Get an adult to help you.

Weak Tea
The Tea Party is more unpopular than ever

May 8, 2014

The Tea Party has continued to wear out its welcome, according to a new Gallup poll released Thursday. In the survey, 30 percent of adults said they are "opponents" of the movement, tied for the highest mark Gallup has ever recorded. Meanwhile, support for the Tea Party checks in at 22 percent which, though not quite a record low, combines with the spike in disapproval to give the Tea Party its worst net approval rating ever in Gallup's polling.

<snip>

Much of that shift has come from Republicans growing increasingly weary of the group. Tea Party support within the GOP has fallen from 61 percent back in late 2010 to 41 percent today.

The movement continues to wield outsize influence on the Republican Party itself. Yet whether that internal leverage will translate to electoral success for Tea Partying candidates remains very much in doubt. Jon Terbush

1518489_1426477864251900_1478203595_n.png

The way Rafael's and the Tea Party's poll numbers are dropping, I'm guessing that their influence, misinformation and un-American tactics will soon end up in the garbage dump of history.

Forum List

Back