Radio Jocks Said Magic Johnson "Faked" AIDS

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Station regrets remarks on Magic Johnson, AIDS - Yahoo! News

They now have to do Public Service Announcements for AIDS and HIV.

According to a partial transcript and audio clip posted on a media watchdog site, mediamatters.org, the remarks came after a caller asserted that health care isn't a basic right. Perry responded by asking about treatable diseases that a person can live with for a long time "if you just get some basic drugs."

Baker responded, "Like Magic Johnson?"

Perry replied, "Like Magic with his faked AIDS. Magic faked AIDS."

Baker said, "You think Magic faked AIDS for sympathy?"

Perry replied, "I'm convinced that Magic faked AIDS."

"Me too," Baker said.

Last edited:
Station regrets remarks on Magic Johnson, AIDS - Yahoo! News

They now have to do Public Service Announcements for AIDS and HIV.

"Have to?" I didn't see that. I also think it's wrong for them to do anything based on someone voicing his opinion. They're called shock jocks for a reason.

They didn't say HIV/AIDS wasn't real, nor that Johnson had not done a lot toward educating the community on it. he just said he believed Johnson faked it.

I have wondered the same myself. He was diagnosed in 91 with HIV. Seventeen years. Last I heard, if you were HIV positive, it WOULD develop into AIDS within 7-10 years.

I'm not accusing, btw, just asking. Is there a reason why he hasn't developed AIDS? Is it because he can afford the best care to stave it off? Or is he just lucky?

Enquiring minds want to know.

"Have to?" I didn't see that. I also think it's wrong for them to do anything based on someone voicing his opinion. They're called shock jocks for a reason.

They didn't say HIV/AIDS wasn't real, nor that Johnson had not done a lot toward educating the community on it. he just said he believed Johnson faked it.

I have wondered the same myself. He was diagnosed in 91 with HIV. Seventeen years. Last I heard, if you were HIV positive, it WOULD develop into AIDS within 7-10 years.

I'm not accusing, btw, just asking. Is there a reason why he hasn't developed AIDS? Is it because he can afford the best care to stave it off? Or is he just lucky?

Enquiring minds want to know.

We regret that some offhand remarks by commentators on KTLK did not reflect that," the statement said. "To better inform our listeners and employees, KTLK will be airing HIV/AIDS awareness public service announcements, and will be reaching out to Mr. Johnson to get his thoughts on education efforts."

Program director Steve Versnick said the station wouldn't comment beyond the statement.

Johnson, 49, said his health is "wonderful." He also noted that he has HIV, not AIDS.

"You have incredible drugs now," he said. "I'm working out every day."

You're right, they don't HAVE to do anything, but they are.

I don't know why Magic hasn't developed AIDS from his HIV Virus. Maybe he is just lucky. Sometime ago I posted an article about a woman who has the immune system to not get HIV/AIDS even though her husband has it. I think it must effect different people in different ways.

Let me see if I can link you to that article.

Edit:

I went back and found the thread, the article is no longer on there, but the info I quoted is:

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A woman who has never shown symptoms of infection with the AIDS virus may hold the secret to defeating the virus, U.S. researchers said on Tuesday.

Infected at least 10 years ago by her husband, the woman is able somehow to naturally control the deadly and incurable virus -- even though her husband must take cocktails of strong HIV drugs to control his.

Last edited:
You're right, they don't HAVE to do anything, but they are.

I don't know why Magic hasn't developed AIDS from his HIV Virus. Maybe he is just lucky. Sometime ago I posted an article about a woman who has the immune system to not get HIV/AIDS even though her husband has it. I think it must effect different people in different ways.

Let me see if I can link you to that article.

Edit:

I went back and found the thread, the article is no longer on there, but the info I quoted is:

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A woman who has never shown symptoms of infection with the AIDS virus may hold the secret to defeating the virus, U.S. researchers said on Tuesday.

Infected at least 10 years ago by her husband, the woman is able somehow to naturally control the deadly and incurable virus -- even though her husband must take cocktails of strong HIV drugs to control his.

Bubonic Plague....

Those families that were exposed to it but survived the black death developed immunities that now seem to prevent them from getting full blown aids...i had read somewhere...

care

Forum List

Back