Racism

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jimnyc, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    If you look around you'll notice that I closed all the threads related to racism. There's really not a need to pollute the entire board with the same subject over and over.

If you want to discuss race in a civilized manner, do so in this thread alone. Other threads beating on the same subject will just be closed and/or deleted.

2. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Just transferring my post for further discussion...

Rubbish. I need not have tolerance for people who do not show tolerance themselves.

I can tolerate if you don't want to live in a black neighbourhood because of crime or drugs.
    I can tolerate if you don't wish to participate or attend a Bar Mitsvah on theological grounds.
    I can tolerate if you do not agree with the lifestyles of homosexuals.
    I can tolerate many things that I don't agree with.

I cannot tolerate a person who will not tolerate another person simply because they were born a certain skin colour or raised a certain creed. To do would be in affront to the ideals of tolerance itself by accepting an person who believes it is his or her perceived right to judge a person by no other grounds than his or her background. The idea of judging and labeling a person without grounds is an inherint logical deficiency, not a grounds for tolerance.

3. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Kathianne,

The few hispanics you have met, do not represent hispanic's as a whole.

Why is it that if hispanics are so hard working, the country's that they come from do not reflect this hard work?
    Why in these hispanic countrys are so many living in poverty and so many women and children are begging and living in the streets?
    Why are the health and living standards in hispanic country's so poor?
    Why are these hard working hispanics risking their lives to abandon the very country's they created?
    Why are the areas in the U.S where hispanics inhabit are now the most dangerous and have the lowest living standards?
    Why are the hispanics that are here illegally use social services(schools, medical, welfare) that they are unwilling to pay for?
    Why if hispanics are so hard working do they lead all other groups in reciving welfare?

I can name many Caucasian American groups that constantly travel to hispanics country's to improve their living standards.

If hispanics work so hard for their familys, why do they lead all other groups in domestic violence?
    Why do hispanics have almost triple the rate of out of wedlock births then do Caucasions?
    Why are so many hispanic males in prison, when they could be home helping their family's?
    Why do hispanic lead all groups in gang violence?
    Why do hispanics lead all other groups in drunk driving arrests?

These are not the actions of a hard working people.

4. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Jimnyc,

Why did you decide to call this thread "racism"?

5. nbdysfu

nbdysfu Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Originally posted by Big D
    The few hispanics you have met, do not represent hispanic's as a whole.
    _____________ _______________

I have never met a white person so severely misguded as yourself or WJ, I assume that is your race, I think WJ posted something to the effect that he was French. But his ear-popping anti-semitism, and your xenophobia have really made me begin to wonder.

6. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Clipped from the dictionary defining racism:

"The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability"

Because I believe this to be the central theme of all the locked threads.

7. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    In what way do you feel I'm misguided?

8. wonderwench

wonderwench Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You are misguided in that you espouse a belief system in which destiny is entirely determined by biology. You seem determined to ignore individual character and the impact of environment.

Your obsession with facts of the differfences between races comes across as advocating that race is the main and only cause of the "facts".

9. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    White/Negro I.Q. differences are constantly excused as results of environmental variations. but at least five studies that have attempted to equate socio-economic backgrounds of the two races indicate no significant change in relative results. As environment improves, the Negro does better but so does the White. The gap is not decreased. (26) In fact, extensive research by DR. G.J. McGurk, associate Professor of Psychology at Villanove University, reveals that the gap in intelligence between Blacks and Whites INCREASES where socio-economic levels of both races are raised to the middle classes.
    Even when Blacks and Whites have the same backgrounds, in terms of family income and childhood advantages, Blacks still have average I.Q. scores 12 to 15 points lower than comparable Whites. This includes cases where Black children have been adopted by White parents. Their I.Q.s may be improved by environment, but they are still closer to their biological parents than their adoptive parents.

Iceland, the only all-White nation in the world, has the world's highest literacy rate. 100%. It is an island of cooled volcanic magma, located Just south of the Arctic Circle. It has no coal, no fuel, no timber, no mineral wealth or natural resources, and no navigable rivers. 75% of the interior is uninhabitable and only about 1% of the land is arable. It is the youngest nation in Europe and one of the most isolated countries in the world. Nonetheless, Iceland is #2 in the world in life expectancy and has one of the world's highest standards of living, in terms of per capita income. It has tremendous medical facilities and a thriving publishing business. Virtually every family has a telephone. Upon graduation from high school, each Icelandic student has learned five languages.

The Republic of Haiti, the only completely Black republic in the Western Hemisphere also happens to be the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. It also has the lowest life expectancy, highest illiteracy, lowest per capita consumption of newsprint, lowest per capita GNP, and the lowest level of political stability.

10. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.