"Racism May Accelerate Aging in African-American Men"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Racism may accelerate aging in African-American men

"Jan. 7, 2014 — A new study reveals that racism may impact aging at the cellular level. Researchers found signs of accelerated aging in African American men, ages reporting high levels of racial discrimination and who had internalized anti-Black attitudes. Findings from the study, which is the first to link racism-related factors and biological aging, are published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine."

rest at link ('science of racism' so here instead of the racism group but if wanna move it I'm ok with it)

oh goody, another worthless study

I just hope taxpayers didn't pay for it

Lifetimes of drug use, alcoholism, criminal activity, in and out of prison, all takes its toll.

Didn't know we could quantively measure exposure to racism...
That IS impressive...

.......reporting high levels of racial discrimination and who had internalized anti-Black attitudes

the FIRST effect MIGHT be quantifiable.. The SECOND doesn't depend on exposure or dose -- but to individual SENSITIVITY to knowledge..

I'll bet my lifetime is shortened a little bit by racism too then..
My lifetime is ALSO shortened by exposure to failures of logic and science.. And I can document those..

Last edited:
why are these cons knee Jerk trashing a study to PRETEND racism doesn't harm people emotionally?

what exactly do you think you cons gain by denying there is racism in this country?

why are these cons knee Jerk trashing a study to PRETEND racism doesn't harm people emotionally?

Because that's not what this study claims.. Says NOTHING about emotional harm.. It claims PHYSICAL damage thru "aging".. ((however we measure that))..

As usual --- don't think you're on the level of the Conservatives (or people like me) who DO UNDERSTAND what the "science" aspect of this was..

what exactly do you think you cons gain by denying there is racism in this country?

Look kiddo... You really should have returned to the boards with a new name..

Because you could not absorb "the truth" even if it were administered in a handy suppository form...

You're impermeable to truths or even simple statements of knowledge..

I think it's more the Colt 45, Fried Chicken and Philly Blunts. Oh, and drive by shootings.

Because that's not what this study claims.. Says NOTHING about emotional harm.. It claims PHYSICAL damage thru "aging".. ((however we measure that))..

As usual --- don't think you're on the level of the Conservatives (or people like me) who DO UNDERSTAND what the "science" aspect of this was..

and by what means did it cause physical consequences?

through emotional stress you clown

Look kiddo... You really should have returned to the boards with a new name..

Because you could not absorb "the truth" even if it were administered in a handy suppository form...

You're impermeable to truths or even simple statements of knowledge..

well lets test whish one of us cant accept facts?

why did the scotus deny the republican partys case last year?

Supreme Court denies RNC bid to end voter fraud consent decree - Los Angeles Times

The DNC sued the RNC in federal court, alleging its activities violated the Voting Rights Act and were intended to suppress voting among minorities. Rather than fight the charges in a trial, the RNC agreed to a consent decree promising to “refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities … directed toward [election] districts that have a substantial proportion of racial or ethnic minority populations.”

The consent decree has remained in effect, and DNC lawyers say they have gone to court in states such as Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana and Pennsylvania to challenge Republican activities that appear to target mostly black precincts. Both sides agree, however, that the consent decree does not forbid “normal poll watching” by Republican officials.

The RNC has tried repeatedly to have the consent decree lifted, contending it interferes with its efforts to combat voter fraud. But a federal judge in New Jersey in 2009 ruled that it should remain in effect, and the U.S. Court of Appeals agreed last year.

In appealing to the Supreme Court, the RNC’s lawyers cited past decisions by the justices that ended long-standing court orders involving school desegregation and prison overcrowding. But the justices with no dissent dismissed the appeal in the case of RNC vs. DNC

Forum List

Back