Racism is apparently over

I used to believe that racism existed. Oh, I never thought it was as bad as many people said. I simply believed that racism existed in many subtle forms in certain pockets around the country. However, I'm beginning to wonder if I was mislead.
Recently, in the news, racism as been presented to us in these stories:
1. George Zimmerman is a murdering racist. Apparently I'm supposed to ignore what the police, jury and FBI said.
2. Billionaire, Oprah Winfrey, was denied the opportunity to look at an expensive purse. Granted, this happened outside the United States, however, this "incident" is also being used as a way to discuss the continual existence of racism in the world, and by extension, America. She has of course backed down afterwards as the shopkeeper accused her of lying. It has also been noted that this was a possible PR stunt in the wake of Oprah's upcoming movie about racism.
3. A rodeo clown is banned for life for wearing an Obama mask. As others have pointed out, other rodeo clowns have warn masks of other presidents and there was no controversy.

The fact is though, I guess I still believe racism exists. If I were only to get my information from the main stream press however I would believe we have eradicated racism all together and all that is left are race baiting demagogues and yellow journalism.

I used to believe that racism existed. Oh, I never thought it was as bad as many people said. I simply believed that racism existed in many subtle forms in certain pockets around the country.

Are you suggesting that lynchings didn't occur or that a lynching was a subtle form of racism?

However, I'm beginning to wonder if I was mislead.
1. George Zimmerman is a murdering racist. Apparently I'm supposed to ignore what the police, jury and FBI said.

Apparently you have ignored what the jury said.

2. Billionaire, Oprah Winfrey, was denied the opportunity to look at an expensive purse. Granted, this happened outside the United States, however, this "incident" is also being used as a way to discuss the continual existence of racism in the world, and by extension, America. She has of course backed down afterwards as the shopkeeper accused her of lying. It has also been noted that this was a possible PR stunt in the wake of Oprah's upcoming movie about racism.

Do you know what happened in the store? I don't, but here's a version:

Swiss store: Oprah spat a 'misunderstanding' - The Local

3. A rodeo clown is banned for life for wearing an Obama mask. As others have pointed out, other rodeo clowns have warn masks of other presidents and there was no controversy.

The clown served at the pleasure of his employer. Do you know what motivated the employer to can the clown. Maybe not racism, maybe the employer is simply a patriot who believes the POTUS deserves a certain amount of respect and was pissed off at the lack of decorum.

The fact is though, I guess I still believe racism exists. If I were only to get my information from the main stream press however I would believe we have eradicated racism all together and all that is left are race baiting demagogues and yellow journalism.

Your last paragraph was rather odd, racism exists. It always has, not only here in America, and not only at this time in our history.

However, I don't get you comment about the main stream press. Are you a ditto head?

I don't know if racism has always been there but hovering in the background, or if it really was taking a back seat (pun not intended) and folks were getting along better....or Obama fucked it all up. I am inclined to believe Obama fucked it all up. And I LIKED him at one time.

He needs to keep his yap shut when it comes to crimes and who could be his son, yet stay silent when it's a non black even though the same could be said about the non black since Obama is half white. Yet...silence. Where is the president holding up a pic of that 13 year old kid that got beat to a pulp with the words "this could have been one of my daughters"?

I'm just wondering, if racism is so prevalent then why are all the stories about racism so stupid?

Because racists tend to be stupid people. Whatever color they may be.

Look up some posts by USMB's very own lead racist shitspeeders. Oops shootspeeders. Sorry habit. Or Poet. Is that fool still around btw?

Of course racists are stupid, so are the reporters,pundits and politicians who decide what's racist.

I used to believe that racism existed. Oh, I never thought it was as bad as many people said. I simply believed that racism existed in many subtle forms in certain pockets around the country. However, I'm beginning to wonder if I was mislead.

Racism has always existed and always will until the day we treat people as individuals, not blacks, not Latinos, not Muslims, but people. As long as we make collective judgement based on stereotypes, racism and all other forms of bigotry will thrive.

I think ugly-ism is worst than racism. Ugly people get discriminated against much harsher than other minorities.

I'm sure that Halle Berry has much less trouble with discrimination than Whoopie.
Whon more likely to be let into an exclusive nightclub, an attractive black person or a dog ugly white person?

Why are 99% of threads on this site about racism started by a republican complaining that people are being racist against them and/or white people?

Try answering that question yourself. After you go back and research the many thousands of times your fellow liberal minions have labeled board conservatives as 'racist' with absolutely no basis for the name called whatsoever.
You have some set for even asking this question.
Or is this not a question at all, but just a backhanded way of labeling all conservatives as racist?

I'm just wondering, if racism is so prevalent then why are all the stories about racism so stupid?

Because racists tend to be stupid people. Whatever color they may be.

Look up some posts by USMB's very own lead racist shitspeeders. Oops shootspeeders. Sorry habit. Or Poet. Is that fool still around btw?

Poet was banned came back and either left on his own or got kicked out for good.
No, you misunderstood the statement. The STORIES about racism and allegedly racist people are more often than not unreadable or so vague, they rise to the level of infuriatingly insipid.

I used to believe that racism existed. Oh, I never thought it was as bad as many people said. I simply believed that racism existed in many subtle forms in certain pockets around the country.

Are you suggesting that lynchings didn't occur or that a lynching was a subtle form of racism?

However, I'm beginning to wonder if I was mislead.

Apparently you have ignored what the jury said.

Do you know what happened in the store? I don't, but here's a version:

Swiss store: Oprah spat a 'misunderstanding' - The Local

The clown served at the pleasure of his employer. Do you know what motivated the employer to can the clown. Maybe not racism, maybe the employer is simply a patriot who believes the POTUS deserves a certain amount of respect and was pissed off at the lack of decorum.

Your last paragraph was rather odd, racism exists. It always has, not only here in America, and not only at this time in our history.

However, I don't get you comment about the main stream press. Are you a ditto head?

I have not ignored what the jury, police and FBI said in terms of the Zimmerman case. Apparently, I'm one of the few.

I never suggested lynchings never occurred. I am talking about what passes for racism today. I suspect a lynching would have stolen the headlines from Rodeo Obama and Oprah's civil rights purse movement.

No, I don't know what happened in the store between Oprah and the shopgirl. This is why I am hesitant to assume it is a racial incident. Oprah and the shop girl have two different stories on the matter and unlike many members of the press I did not ASSUME anything.

As for the rodeo clown, I wasn't talking about him being fired. I was talking about journalists and pundits insisting that the act of wearing an Obama mask in a rodeo was a racist act.

As for being a dittohead. It wouldn't surprise me if I were. He's on way too early for me to listen to but I have heard him say things I've agreed with. I'm also a Reaganhead, G.K. Chestertonhead, Edmund Burkehead and Spockhead (I love all things Star Trek). I hope this has helped you pigeonhole me into a category you can more easily understand.

Last edited:
Why are 99% of threads on this site about racism started by a republican complaining that people are being racist against them and/or white people?

Try answering that question yourself. After you go back and research the many thousands of times your fellow liberal minions have labeled board conservatives as 'racist' with absolutely no basis for the name called whatsoever.
You have some set for even asking this question.
Or is this not a question at all, but just a backhanded way of labeling all conservatives as racist?

I don't know. I get into too many stupid arguments with posters here arguing that minorities are "intellectually inferior" or should be "paid not to have kids" and shit like that... and conservatives on here either pop in to support a part of the OP or ignore the thread entirely.

And then in contrast someone will post an Al Sharpton quote or something and every conservative poster ever jumps into the thread like their lives depend on it and are supremely outraged and claiming that all democrats think like that and that the country is dying from reverse racism and blah blah blah. When really Al Sharpton gets terrible ratings and everyone and their mother knows that he's a crazy old blowhard.

I'm just overly bitter I suppose.

How long will it take this thread to be moved to the race relations section?

I personally didn't want this thread to be specifically about race as opposed to how the press reports on race. My opinion was more of a rebuke about how the press and others use race as a way to substantiate a false narrative because their stories on bigotry are either weak or nonexistent.
I could have gone back further to the Duke LaCrosse rape case, Tawana Brawley, etc, but I wanted to focus on more recent stories.
Here is the point I'm really trying to make. The press is agenda driven and politically biased and doesn't mind stirring racial tension by using non racial events. This act lessens the real horrors of true racism and helps no one in the long run.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back