Racism, Color, and Personal Responsibility

Jun 13, 2016
Good morning everyone, I just joined this forum yesterday and introduced myself. I told everyone I wanted to join this forum to figure out whether or not I wanted to register to vote, and to formulate political opinions. However, on the back of my mind was the desire to discuss and debate racism. I am a white female. By that I mean, as far back as our family knows it genealogy, we have been white European. Lately my family has been studying its genealogy. Growing up, I always believed I was 1/4 Swedish, part Irish, mostly English, and my ancestors on my mother's side came over on the Mayflower. Recently I've discovered that on my father's side, we fought with Native Americans on American soil, and that one of my ancestors was a slave owner. As far as I know, I am 0% Jewish. So, seeing as how I am so white, I would like to respond to racism and color. (I believe that's politically correct of me to say "color" to refer to race). I want to be very careful how I word this. I appreciate people from all different races. I understand there is such a thing as hatred based upon someone's race, even towards European-Americans. But the personal responsibility I need to display, when someone refers to me as belonging to a racial group, is ever nonexistent with many people. Historically, white men and women have been the authority figures, and members of hate groups. White men and women have oppressed other racial groups, and when I am referred to as a member of my racial group, I tend to apologize. Well, when anyone is referred to as belonging to a group that has made a mistake, that person needs to be apologetic and speak for the rest of his or her group. I would like refer to myself as non-racist, but when I refer to myself as "white," I need to acknowledge the mistakes of our historical past, and work with others to develop a solution.

When I refer to myself as white I find no need to acknowledge the mistakes of our historical past, and work with others to develop a solution. Said mistakes, as you pointed out, are a part of history and thus acknowledged by all. As to developing a solution, a solution to what?

The first thing to keep in mind is, "Social Justice" is bullshit. Anyone even using the expression is a tool.

"Justice" is a positive thing, and it denotes individuals getting appropriate rewards and punishments for their actions. When you put "Social" in front of "Justice," it becomes something evil. Rather than individuals being responsible for their own actions, we have people being held responsible for OTHER PEOPLE's actions. That is evil.

Social Justice is when the teacher makes the whole class stay after school because one kid made a noise in the assembly. Social Justice is when Black people, who on an individual basis may never have been victimized by racism (e.g., O.J. Simpson's children), are granted special considerations because they are "Black." Or when "White" people who have never owned a slave (fewer than 2% of American "whites" are even descended from someone who owned a slave), or discriminated against any Black person in their lives, are asked to feel guilty, or pay some sort of reparations, because they are "white."

YOU are only responsible for YOUR actions, and not the actions of any other person, living or dead.

And when someone lays the "White Privilege" on you, mention that white kids raised in single-parent households are three times more likely than Black kids living in two-parent households to be POOR. How's that White Privilege working out for the white kid there?

Good morning everyone, I just joined this forum yesterday and introduced myself. I told everyone I wanted to join this forum to figure out whether or not I wanted to register to vote, and to formulate political opinions. However, on the back of my mind was the desire to discuss and debate racism. I am a white female. By that I mean, as far back as our family knows it genealogy, we have been white European. Lately my family has been studying its genealogy. Growing up, I always believed I was 1/4 Swedish, part Irish, mostly English, and my ancestors on my mother's side came over on the Mayflower. Recently I've discovered that on my father's side, we fought with Native Americans on American soil, and that one of my ancestors was a slave owner. As far as I know, I am 0% Jewish. So, seeing as how I am so white, I would like to respond to racism and color. (I believe that's politically correct of me to say "color" to refer to race). I want to be very careful how I word this. I appreciate people from all different races. I understand there is such a thing as hatred based upon someone's race, even towards European-Americans. But the personal responsibility I need to display, when someone refers to me as belonging to a racial group, is ever nonexistent with many people. Historically, white men and women have been the authority figures, and members of hate groups. White men and women have oppressed other racial groups, and when I am referred to as a member of my racial group, I tend to apologize. Well, when anyone is referred to as belonging to a group that has made a mistake, that person needs to be apologetic and speak for the rest of his or her group. I would like refer to myself as non-racist, but when I refer to myself as "white," I need to acknowledge the mistakes of our historical past, and work with others to develop a solution.

"Apologize"?

Anti-white hate groups are growing faster than you can blink and your dumb ass wants MORE white guilt.

Shoot yourself sellout.

Anti-white hate groups are growing faster than you can blink and your dumb ass wants MORE white guilt.

Shoot yourself sellout.

Aw, is widdle pwecious still scared??????

I don't know why some people try to be the self-nominated representative of an entire group. It is selfish, arrogant and foolish.

But if you insist on representing White people in America, my suggestion is that you apologize for nothing you aren't personally responsible for and treat everyone as if they are human, like you.

White women were just as used and subjugated by white males as anyone else. Yeah you had it easier since you were needed to produce white children and service their needs as sexual objects but you have always been an afterthought and second class citizen. Basically white women were glorified house slaves. There is a reason you didnt get to vote or have a voice in determining the makeup of this country. I dont understand why you apologize? You personally didnt do anything. You cant apologize for your privilege because it is what it is. All you can do is take that into account like Helen Keller did when judging people.

Shoot yourself sellout.
now now mayonnaise boi

When I refer to myself as white I find no need to acknowledge the mistakes of our historical past, and work with others to develop a solution. Said mistakes, as you pointed out, are a part of history and thus acknowledged by all. As to developing a solution, a solution to what?
Developing a solution to the malady that affects a lot of white people. A lot of whites have a inferiority complex that prompts them to create systems to give their race better odds since they feel they cannot compete on their own merits.

Forum List

Back