Racing towards America's collapse...Oregon Governor signs new law allowing students to graduate without proving they can read, write, or do math!!!!

Why johnny can't work
Why Sally at the cash register can’t give back exact change. Sign says: Cash customers next window please to be assisted by our highly proficient AI cash provider. Thank you for your understanding. Sallie never learned, and was never taught, math.

I came back to add a true story- at a fast food drive-through the registers were down (I think due to electric problem they were temporarily experiencing) however the grills were still running. In order to figure out the change I should get back, it took 3 of them helping each other with a calculator. I am not joking. At first it was just two employees trying to figure out how to temporarily work the calculator and figure out the tax, but a third girl employee confirmed they were going to do it right.

That is where we are in the land of keeping the uneducated, uneducated.

Last edited:
You could NOT do it... Understood...
Actually I care not what they do since it doesn't affect me directly, my youngest is off to college for free, he has the presidential all free scholarship for high grades. No one ever posted what they intend on doing with the grades they are not getting being transferable, but I consider rich people and politicians to all be nothing but self indulgent, self serving narcissists' with a Oedipus Rex syndrome sans the sex with their mudders..And they really don't think about what they are doing in the aspect of the entire golden number ratio in a painting by Da Vinci..

Can't be any worse than transfer policy on college courses that were not copesetic at all colleges, universities and military college course programs like CLEP prior to 1990. Most schools last year have grades for students who never attended or did work and if a legislative body wants to change graduation criteria then they have the legal authority to do as such.
If the massively expensive education system was working in the inner cities there would not be riots. Education and single parent babies. A problem for many across the nation, a ball and chain around the necks of people in poverty in high concentrations in smaller areas.

Who are these racist policies oppressing, who are they enslaving, who are they keeping from voting or holding office? How can they be racist they are grades??

These are incredibly stupid questions.. Is that something you're proud of?

Sure -- NOW in Oregon, whether you're valedictorian or failed EVERY CLASS you took -- YOU GET A DIPLOMA.. So please step up to the head of class and explain to us WHY ANY GRADES in Oregon have ANY MEANING?.. I've got all year to get you to answer ONE HONEST question.

And before you ass twerk you're way out of this again, consider that there are NO REQUIREMENTS to graduate HS in Oregon other than being to chained to a chair and eating bad cafeteria lunches for 12 years...

If you don't live in Oregon this doesn't affect you. This is a yawner.
Not really a yawner because legal measures in one state can impact border states quite quickly. When one adjacent county sees another county (in or outside state lines) making changes they want it for themselves and will do the legwork to get it done locally. Same with states but just a lot more money needed usually to raise the bar.

Boyle said in an emailed statement that suspending the reading, writing and math proficiency requirements will benefit "Oregon’s Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of colour."
Because they are all stupid. Right Boyle?
That would seem to be the strong implication. I would be totally pissed if I was in one of those groups myself. Of course, the old saying comes to mind it’s better to be pissed off than pissed on I guess;p

How many companies are going to be recruiting Oregon kids for jobs now that a diploma is just a participation trophy?
If this doesn’t lead to other states getting on board with this insanity (a good chance a few select states will) I can imagine that future Oregon graduates will seek fake online diplomas claiming to have no affiliation with Oregon’s public schools. I might have tried that trick when I was young and dumb lol Nawww I would have lost sleep.

I lived in Portland for six months. I could open up my bedroom curtains and see Mount St. Helens. It was amazing.

I enjoyed it from a photography perspective but, in the end, I guess I just didn't own enough pairs of Birkenstocks to fit it...
Not to worry CS! I just happened to be selling a nice pair of men’s Birkenstocks sandals knock offs! Yours now for only 25 bucks, along with $25 additional fees for shipping and handling of course.
1629069549300.jpeg

If this doesn’t lead to other states getting on board with this insanity (a good chance a few select states will) I can imagine that future Oregon graduates will seek fake online diplomas claiming to have no affiliation with Oregon’s public schools. I might have tried that trick when I was young and dumb lol Nawww I would have lost sleep.
Sure seems like a market opening for private and online schools. Any kid or parent that wants a real education would be stupid to stay in a public school in Oregon.

The size of the BRUSH - does not matter.. If it affects YOUR KIDS -- it's big enough.. And when things get THIS STUPID on a state-wide scale and mental midgets in charge of that WHOLE STATE toss their hands up and STOP EDUCATING because it's HOPELESS TO EDUCATE MINORITY STUDENTS -- that's enough to make ALL parents studying the "woking dead" invasion into education establishments take notice..

It does not affect my kids who have children of their own. My state and county school system does an excellent job. Why? The liberals have been kicked to the curb!

That broad brush is being used to paint all public schools as failures based upon the problems in DC, Baltimore, NYC, and other liberal hell holes. When was the last time you heard of an issue with schools in South Dakota, Idaho, Kansas, or any of the non-liberal large cities in blue states?

For example, my state has one large city where I grew up that is now dominated by Democrats in elected office. The education system is a total f-ing disaster there, and people have been voting with their feet for 30 years. I can't begin to count the number of my high school classmates who moved to the outlying counties so that their kids and grandkids could escape the liberal influence in education.

Of the top four largest universities in my states, three are located outside the lib dominated large city. Guess where most of our teachers come from?

The broad brush is welded to the hand of my conservatives because they buy in to the continuous lies of those who failed at their own education.

Why Sally at the cash register can’t give back exact change. Sign says: Cash customers next window please to be assisted by our highly proficient AI cash provider. Thank you for your understanding. Sallie never learned, and was never taught, math.

I came back to add a true story- at a fast food drive-through the registers were down (I think due to electric problem they were temporarily experiencing) however the grills were still running. In order to figure out the change I should get back, it took 3 of them helping each other with a calculator. I am not joking. At first it was just two employees trying to figure out how to temporarily work the calculator and figure out the tax, but a third girl employee confirmed they were going to do it right.

That is where we are in the land of keeping the uneducated, uneducated.
Bullshit!

They were enabled by their parents and society to not be held accountable to remember what they were taught.

An Oregon high school diploma does not guarantee that students who earned it can read, write or do math at a high school level.

Governor Kate Brown dropped the requirement that students demonstrate they have achieved those essential skills by signing Senate Bill 744 into law. She declined again Friday to comment on why she supported suspending the proficiency requirements, reported OregonLive.

The bill was not entered into the legislative database until July 29, a departure from the standard practice of updating the public database the same day a bill is signed. Charles Boyle, the governor’s deputy communications director, said the governor’s staff told legislative staff the same day the governor signed the bill.

Boyle said in an emailed statement that suspending the reading, writing and math proficiency requirements will benefit "Oregon’s Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of colour."

Oregon education officials have long insisted they would not impose new graduation requirements on students who have already begun high school. New requirements would not take effect until the class of 2027. That means at least five more classes could graduate without demonstrating proficiency in math and writing.

(Excerpt) Read more at thepostmillennial.com ...

When is our SECOND REVOLUTION GOING TO START?

As you can see by the language of the bill there is still requirements to be accredited a diploma.

81st OREGON LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY--2021 Regular Session Senate Bill 744 Sponsored by COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION SUMMARY The following summary is not prepared by the sponsors of the measure and is not a part of the body thereof subject to consideration by the Legislative Assembly. It is an editor’s brief statement of the essential features of the measure as introduced. Directs Department of Education to review state requirements for high school diploma and to report results of review to interim committees of Legislative Assembly related to education and to State Board of Education. Suspends requirement of showing proficiency in Essential Learning Skills as condition of earning diploma during 2021-2022 or 2022-2023 school year. Prohibits State Board of Education from requiring for high school diploma that student show proficiency in any academic content area if student successfully completed credit requirements. Applies to high school diplomas awarded on or after July 1, 2023. Declares emergency, effective on passage. A BILL FOR AN ACT Relating to high school diploma requirements; creating new provisions; amending ORS 329.451; and declaring an emergency. Be It Enacted by the People of the State of Oregon: SECTION 1. (1) The Department of Education shall review the state requirements for a high school diploma, as prescribed by ORS 329.451 and rules adopted by the State Board of Education. The review shall include: (a) A comparison of high school diploma requirements in this state with high school diploma requirements in other states; (b) The identification of the expectations of employers and post-secondary institutions of education related to the skills and knowledge of persons who earn high school diplomas in this state; (c) The determination of whether the skills and knowledge expected to be attained by a person who earns a high school diploma in this state, as identified in paragraph (b) of this subsection, align with the requirements for a high school diploma in this state; and (d) The determination of whether the requirements for a high school diploma in this state are equitable and inclusive. (2) Notwithstanding any rules adopted by the State Board of Education, a student may not be required to show proficiency in Essential Learning Skills as a condition of receiving a high school diploma during the 2021-2022 or 2022-2023 school year. (3)(a) Not later than September 1, 2022, the department shall report the results of the review to: (A) The interim committees of the Legislative Assembly related to education; and (B) The State Board of Education. (b) The report required under paragraph (a) of this subsection may recommend changes in legislation or administrative rules, including a recommendation to repeal the amendments to ORS 329.451 by section 3 of this 2021 Act.

https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB744/Introduced

An Oregon high school diploma does not guarantee that students who earned it can read, write or do math at a high school level.

Governor Kate Brown dropped the requirement that students demonstrate they have achieved those essential skills by signing Senate Bill 744 into law. She declined again Friday to comment on why she supported suspending the proficiency requirements, reported OregonLive.

The bill was not entered into the legislative database until July 29, a departure from the standard practice of updating the public database the same day a bill is signed. Charles Boyle, the governor’s deputy communications director, said the governor’s staff told legislative staff the same day the governor signed the bill.

Oregon education officials have long insisted they would not impose new graduation requirements on students who have already begun high school. New requirements would not take effect until the class of 2027. That means at least five more classes could graduate without demonstrating proficiency in math and writing.

Which means that from 2022 onwards you can wipe your a$$ with an Oregon high-school diploma...

It does not affect my kids who have children of their own. My state and county school system does an excellent job. Why? The liberals have been kicked to the curb!

That what WE THOUGHT here in Williamson CO, TN.. You MAY have seen the Biden Admin recently suggest we were domestic terrorists worth a Federal investigation for snapping at a light-weight, stonewalling school board about masking K-6 sons and daughters. One board member got so triggered by the humongeous push back that she sobbed that "I didn't expect this to be something my job would ever require".. YET -- there she sits making rules like she actually understands the science of pandemics and public health.. OR anything about the very young students and how they can be affected by her edicts..

As you can see by the language of the bill there is still requirements to be accredited a diploma.

You have no idea why "voting them out" in a ONE PARTY STATE is useless rhetoric -- AND NOW apparently -- you cannot even READ CRITICALLY.. If ya think THIS PART ---
Prohibits State Board of Education from requiring for high school diploma that student show proficiency in any academic content area if student successfully completed credit requirements. Applies to high school diplomas awarded on or after July 1, 2023. Declares emergency, effective on passage

...means there are ACADEMIC competence and ACHIEVEMENT of mastery of a subject requirements -- you're dumber than I thought. Means they sat in the chair, took the tests, turned in some homework and didn't get sent to the principal's office..

MOREOVER -- they're only cutting slack on this for a couple years.. What about the ripple effect of this "covid education void" that THEY CREATED ripple up from the lower grades for OVER A DECADE.. Instead of Head Start, kids have gotten a "No start" from the past 2 school years there.

When the teachers and boards SURRENDER and toss their hands up, and FOCUS ON ONLY MINORITIES as their EXCUSE -- idiots like you don't recognize that as an issue.. So the UNI-PARTY that controls the state pays no price at the ballot box because there's no conscientious opposition or media to get you to realize how incompetent and irresponsible they have been.. And you would just support their dereliction of duty anyways..

I read this recently. It's racist and insulting , but it's from an old, white Liberal so I repeat myself

"In an email to the media outlets, Charles Boyle, a spokesman for the governor, said the new standards for graduation would help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."

Oregon governor passes law that suspends math, reading proficiency requirements for HS graduates

I read this recently. It's racist and insulting , but it's from an old, white Liberal so I repeat myself

"In an email to the media outlets, Charles Boyle, a spokesman for the governor, said the new standards for graduation would help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."

Oregon governor passes law that suspends math, reading proficiency requirements for HS graduates

While hurting white people, Asians, America and Americans because now we have to pick up their slack.

Honestly I wonder if some democrats want the USA to be like Brazil where it's full of dumb, stupid, poor people and the rich and powerful don't even take cars and have to drive through the seas of wretches and instead just take helicopters everywhere. Because that's they seem to want with bullshit like this. They shit allover the smart and hard working people and they prop up and support the dumb, ignorant and laziest parts of our society.

Honestly I wonder if some democrats want the USA to be like Brazil where it's full of dumb, stupid, poor people and the rich and powerful don't even take cars and have to drive through the seas of wretches and instead just take helicopters everywhere.

The Democratic politicians and elites want this because they will be in the helicopters. The ignorant masses that vote for them haven't figured out that they will be one of those watching the ruling class fly by. They actually believe they will all have their own helicopters. The frustrating part is that getting them to comprehend this is as likely as my dog learning Calculus.

Forum List

Back