R.I.P Billy Graham

I grew up under my dad's influence that Billy Graham should have been preaching against our nation's involvement in Vietnam. My dad wasn't a Nixon fan either and so Graham's close relationship to Nixon wasn't endearing either. But I came to admire Graham, as other television evangelist fell by the wayside Graham remained relatively above the fray.

I like this quote from Graham.
Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion - it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.
Except for the money, don't listen to Christ about accumulating vast wealth...
What about accumulating vast wealth? Give specifics please on what Christ said and how it applies to Billy Graham .
Nothing wrong with having money. It's what you do with it that counts. Money isn't the problem. It's the love of money...Especially when it becomes more important than God. That's what the Bible meant when it said that it is easier for camel to fit through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into Heaven.
You know that and I know that. I wonder if Moonglow knows that. :sigh2:
I knew it before you could read....

There is no marriage in heaven and there are no people indulging in sin in heaven. This would indicate that no one is a homosexual in heaven or even heterosexual. There will be no biological need for sex.
Are you telling me people spend entire lives living a boring, sinless existence just so they can be rewarded with another boring, sinless existence? I thought in heaven you get to fuck and party like a maniac! Now THAT would be worth it :thup:

There is no marriage in heaven and there are no people indulging in sin in heaven. This would indicate that no one is a homosexual in heaven or even heterosexual. There will be no biological need for sex.
Are you telling me people spend entire lives living a boring, sinless existence just so they can be rewarded with another boring, sinless existence? I thought in heaven you get to fuck and party like a maniac! Now THAT would be worth it :thup:
Heaven will not be boring. But then you don't even believe in Heaven, do you. You poor fool. Think Heaven's boring? Just wait until you go to Hell.

Heaven will not be boring. But then you don't even believe in Heaven, do you. You poor fool. Think Heaven's boring? Just wait until you go to Hell.
I’m gonna be fucking hoodrats left and right, snorting mountains of cocaine when I get to heaven

Matthew 22:30

New International Version
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
That sucks
Let me just ask you a simple question. When you were a little kid, did you want to have sex or go out and play? I fully believe that heaven is like being an innocent child once again with very simple joys and the desire only to be loved/cuddled and to love ---- Sex isn't love. Think of the love you had for you mommy and daddy (I'm assuming they were good people). Think of the love you had for your grandparents.Think of playing with your very bestest friend :11_2_1043:down the street. NO SEX and WE DIDN'T MISS IT IN THE LEAST! Gee, I now miss Mr. Rogers, Captain Noah, Sally Star, Romper Room, and Gene London.

Last edited:
As a child growing up in the American apartheid era I remember hearing how Billy Graham refused to preach to segregated audiences in the 1950s South.

By the late 1950s, Graham had developed a reputation for refusing to preach to racially segregated crowds. It was a decision that brought him death threats.

“Christianity is not a white man’s religion, and don’t let anybody tell you that it’s black and white,” Graham preached. “Christ belongs to all people.”

Read more here: ‘America’s Pastor’: Evangelist Billy Graham dead at 99

Billy Graham was a registered Democrat, for the neurotic pedo-friendly deviants who know pretty much nothing and are spamming this thread to make sure there is no doubts what they are. As for 'financial scandals', there aren't any, not a single one, and he gave big portions of it away, and spent much of it on projects like retreats, financing tours, a library, and of course charities, and then there are the many pastors he lent money to to start their own ministries as well.

Long-time TIME contributors Nancy Gibbs and Michael Duffy, co-authors of The Preacher and the Presidents: Billy Graham in the White House, say that Graham regularly insisted that his crusades be audited and made public to avoid any hint of scandal, and that Graham could have easily made far more money if he wanted. “He was turning down million-dollar television and Hollywood offers half a century ago,” Gibbs and Duffy wrote in TIME in 2007. “He never built the Church of Billy Graham, and while he lived comfortably, his house is a modest place. If he had wanted to get rich, he could have been many, many times over.”

Grant Wacker, a professor at the Duke University Divinity School and author of America’s Pastor: Billy Graham and the Shaping of a Nation, also says that Graham has led an exemplary life free of financial scandal. “People who didn’t like Billy Graham spent a lot of time trying to find personal violations of his moral and ethical code, and they couldn’t,” Wacker told NPR after Graham’s passing. “They didn’t exist. He was a man who maintained absolute marital fidelity and moral and financial integrity. He was an evangelist who lived the way he preached.”

Billy Graham Was One of America's Richest Pastors. Here's What We Know About His Money

Naturally, no one is ever going to be saying anything like that about the scum here who don't like him, are they? Most of their disposable income goes for meth and the beer to wash it down with, or pot and whatever is fashionable with retarded deviant gimps at the moment. As with Osteen, there is no indication greed was a motivation for him at all. Contrast that with Oprah or Bernie Sanders or Maxine Waters or the Clintons.

Forum List

Back