Quit my job but they want me back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vasuderatorrent, Jul 23, 2015.

1. shadow355

shadow355 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +766
    If an employer talked to me like they did you, it would be very hard for me to go back.

Go to college if you want , get some grants and go to ..... Or go back to college. Go to school part time and work a part time job; or go to school full time.

Go job hunting- you may be surprised.

If you go back to your last job, they will have control over you. They have their claws in your back- so that is something to think about. You will dance to their tune, and jump when they say jump. So think long and hard before you go back.

Some people simply do not see what others go through in the work place. Some employers are assinine.

A career college might be a consideration. 12 to 18 months and you can work a professional job, computers - or the medical field.

State unemployment offices usually have job counselors to help you look for work .

I'm your scenerio - you have a lot to
    Think about and consider.

If you don't have college, you should think about going. If anything go get your general classes out of the way and think about what degree you want. You need basic math and English in any college degree so go knock out your freshman math and English and get that over with ; if you have not already done so.

TSA ( government ) is hiring, they need people in almost every airport. US Govt insurance and retirement which is a good deal.

Best of luck to you.

Shadow 355

2. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,284
    Lots to consider here. First, someone else gave you some good advice - don't quit your job until you already have a new one. It's always harder to get another job when you don't currently have one. Is your particular job field one that has many other options with similar businesses? If not, can your skills be used in some other occupational field? What is the job or the field of work you would REALLY like to have? In the months you've sat at home on your butt, have you worked on a really good resume to put out there? If not, get busy and don't forget to update it as you acquire more skills and knowledge. What is your age and what are your long term goals toward retirement? Marriage? Children? Owning your own home? You were correctly advised that sitting at home on your butt doing nothing can get real tiresome after awhile. The list of considerations is endless. Oh, and always keep a PMA file at home - every thank you for a good job email you get, every annual evaluation, when something "goes wrong" take immediate dated notes of who, what, when, why a particular situation happened so that you don't forget details with the passage of time. There's always going to be that employer who might fire you ... your PMA file can make liars out of them.

3. 9aces

9aces Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635
    Easy. Tell them $15 an hour and you'll do it.

4. Spinster

Spinster Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,872
    Both, frankly, but you can use it to your advantage. Pick some figure that would make you happy and tell them that's what it will take to get you back. They'll probably studder a bit, but then they might reconsider. Anyway, should that happen, you have the upper hand as long as you don't turn into a power monger.

5. vasuderatorrent

vasuderatorrent VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,056
    My math worked out. This was a long time ago.

6. vasuderatorrent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,056
    Bookoo money

If only I would have listened to Ernie S. I could still be making $9.25 an hour.

Boy do I regret having a brain. Wait. No I don't.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  7. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77,950
    You have brain? Tell the rest of it where you got it so we can get one.

8. vasuderatorrent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,056
    High school math. My teachers said you never use Algebra in real life. I use it all the dad gum time.

My life would be much different if I would have never been exposed to algebra and trigonometry.

I regret never learning calculus and geometry.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77,950
    Really? Then tell me right now how long it will take to gravity fall out to Jupiter and back WITHOUT using the gravity well slingshot effect to speed up my return!!!!? ;)

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. vasuderatorrent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,056