Quick Healthcare Fix Goes Primetime

JimJones

May 21, 2009
Tampa,Fl
Obama goes primetime again. He has had more Prime Time speeches in his 6 months in office then Bush did his last four years. What gives? Tomorrow evening, Obama is going to tell you all about the healthcare issue. Obama has a few missing pieces that I believe most of us require. Those are time frame, cost, coverage, and how will this get paid for. Obama will cover some of these items tomorrow, but how will he address them if Congress has yet to pass a bill. If there is no bill in place, Obama is basically back on the stump, giving us a great speech of change with no real value.

Does anyone have trouble with how fast Obama is moving with taking over the Banks, Insurance, Auto, and soon to be healthcare? Fact, it took almost a year and a half (give or take) to put together a Medicare plan into law. Obama wants to put Obama Healthcare into a signed bill by August before Congress takes vacation. Of course he wants this done so congress doesn’t go home and get an ear full from us voters.

So if it takes 1.5 years to build a plan like Medicare, which is a wasteful joke of a healthcare band-aid. Wouldn’t you think to overhaul our entire system would take more then just a few weeks? Is this going to be like the stimulus bill were not one of our elected officials’ had time to read it? I’m not against reform, but I want to get it right the first time.

There’s about 310 Million Americans living in the United States today. Obama is saying 45Million don’t have coverage. Note that I didn’t say 45Million “Americans” as Obama has included 15 to 20million illegal’s in to his numbers. What about those that are healthy and can qualify for Medicare but are not in the system yet. After removing the illegals and the healthy you are left with give or take 10 Million American’s! So we are going to change one of the best healthcare systems in the world, for 15 Million people? Really?

What is the rush and why can’t we just correct the problems with our current system? Also, why do I have to miss watching Big Brother and watch Obama talk about a healthcare plan that isn’t even in place yet? Let’s slow down and get it right!!

-JimJones – Don’t drink the government kool-aid!
www.borderlineIQ.com

Last edited:
So we are going to change one of the best healthcare systems in the world, for 15 Million people? Really?

What is the rush and why can’t we just correct the problems with our current system? Also, why do I have to miss watching Big Brother and watch Obama talk about a healthcare plan that isn’t even in place yet? Let’s slow down and get it right!!

-JimJones – Don’t drink the government kool-aid!

Great post.

I've been studying the website of Betsy McCaughey Ph.D., a patient advocate, founder of the Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths, and a former Lt. Governor of New York State.

I recommend her site for a thorough review of both Senate and House bills, and suggestions including the following:

"The U.S. Census Bureau shows that of the 47 million people identified as "uninsured," 14 million are already eligible for government programs such as Medicaid and SCHIP (for children) and simply need to sign up. Another 10 million have household incomes over $75,000. That leaves 23.7 million people who need help affording insurance, not 47 million.
Food debit cards help 27 million people buy food, similar to the number who need help buying health coverage. In all fifty states, debit card technology has transformed the federal food stamp program, which used to be notorious for fraud and abuse. (Only 2 percent of card users are found to be ineligible, according to the General Accounting Office.) Cards are loaded with a specific dollar amount monthly, depending on family size and income, and allow cardholders to shop anywhere. The same strategy could be adapted to provide purchasing power to families who need help buying high-deductible health coverage. It's what all Americans used to buy, and it's all that's needed for families with moderate incomes, who can afford a routine doctor visit. "
Downgrading Health Care

If any form of government health care gets passed, assisted suicide is going to be become a booming business. That will have Obama and company smiling. He may solve the medicare and social security crisis in one big swoop.

Forum List

Back