Questions That May Have To Be Answered Now or Later

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://tigerhawk.blogspot.com/2006/08/question-for-your-discussion-what-will.html

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Here's one response, the pics at his site are well worth catching:

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2006/08/tigerhawks-challenge.html

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Another from the comments section. There is a link:

4. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    The WILL TO FIGHT, I like that, its VERY true. This nation DOESN'T have the "will to fight".

This nation is being taken over by the surrender monkeys.

We won't know we've lost, until we've lost.

Enjoy the ride.............:smoke:

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    i fear you are right. At the same time, I think that when we are at the point when their foot is on our throat, we'll let them know what we are made of and out legacy.

6. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    I won't say your wrong, and I won't say we still won't be able to kick their collective ass, but at what price?

Why must we wait, till it cost so much?

:cry:

7. Told you So

Told you So Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    should a major war occur, i dont think more troops are going to be necessary. In World War, 16,000,000 troops were deployed, but with the technology of today, all we need are a few people in a control room to guide missles, drones, and new-technological aircraft. By the time this supposed war occurs, our military-technological advances will double.

unfortunately, since terrorists have infiltrated many governments and islamic programs throughout the US and Europe, it will be difficult to actually destroy terrorist forces. It will take a series of major terrorist attacks on European nations (specifically France Spain and Germany) to push these nations over the edge, and it will force the governments to respond.

Our issues today include nuclear capabilities and such, of, specifically Iran. Recently, an Israeli fighter pilot shot down an Iranian drone over the Lebanon/Israel area. Hezbollah also was able to shoot missiles into Haifa (a city that was thought to be too far from Lebanon to be hit with hezbollah rockets). Apparently, Iran/ Hezbollah/ our enemies are able to buy new technologically advanced weapons (from China and Russia- in exchange for cheaper oil).

We wont need a draft or more soldiers because we will have better technology.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Well, OK, maybe you've got it pegged, I certainly hope so, but then, thats what the English were hoping for just before WWII started.

I'm more of a "proactive" kind of guy, don't like playing defense, prefer to be on the offense. That way, you call the shot's, kind of direct the play, so to say.

The way we're going today, we are letting the terrorist "direct the play". I got a BIG problem with that, but then, that's just me.

:bat:

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Bush got screwed because his set up for invading Iraq was pathetic. I dont' think the same mistake will made twice and I see the Hizbullys as more than willing to walk right into trouble--gloating over fighting Israel--what a joke. They destroyed Lebanon to look tough?:laugh:

10. PsuedoGhost

PsuedoGhost Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Agreed. What was the reason why we invaded Iraq? That's what I would really like to know. At this point who cares about WMD or any of that bullshit. Let's have our leaders level with us. Is it because we needed a way to reinvigorate the economy after the recession? Was it to secure oil reserves in the Middle East? What was it for? Why? Any justification would be better than what we've been given for now... Left to justify it in our own minds is very, very reminiscent of Vietnam (I AM NOT COMPARING THIS WAR AS A WHOLE TO VIETNAM).

If anything came about from this whole mess, its that the military doctrine of pre-emption is effectively dead for a decade or so.