Questions For Muslims

Islam questions from Dr Geisler book on Answering Islam and Reaching Muslims for Christ by William J. Saal

(1) Has the Bible been annulled?
(2) Has the Bible been corrupted?
(3) Does the Bible contradict itself
(4) What do you believe about the gospel of Barnabus?
(5) Do you have any doubtful texts of the Bible?
(6) What does it mean to a Muslim that God is merciful and passionate? What does it mean to you?
(7) Is it possible for a Muslim to be saved without acknowledging the deity of Jesus?
(8) Did Jesus really die on the cross?
(9) What does the cross mean to a Muslim?
(10) What does the sacrifice in Genesis 22 mean to a Muslim in your tradition?
(11) What does it mean to you to have faith in and trust in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross?
(12) Does the Bible contain prophecies of Mohammed?
(13) Does Mohammed meet the Biblical criteria for a prophet?

(1) Islam’s view of God involves a form of agnosticism because we can’t know God’s essence and therefore unable to know God.
(2) There are problems with Islamic Determinism because God performs contradictory actions as leading astray and being the one who guides.
(3) The moral problem with Islamic Determinism is that man isn’t responsible for his actions because God is responsible and I find it troubling that Islam doesn’t recognize the concept of Original sin. It has been stated that you would have to change the passage to state something else: [9:51] Say, "Nothing happens to us, except what GOD has decreed for us. He is our Lord and Master. In GOD the believers shall trust."
(4) 6:35 And if it distress thee that those who deny the truth [24] turn their backs on thee - why, then, if thou art able to go down deep into the earth or to ascend a ladder unto heaven [25] in order to bring them a [yet more convincing] message, [do so;] but [remember that] had God so willed, He would indeed have gathered them all unto [His] guidance. Do not, therefore, allow thyself to ignore [God's ways]. [26]

“If thou art able” implies that Muhammad wasn’t able to do miracles.

(5) The problem with there being no canon for the hadith seems to be troubling to anyone wanting to consider Islam.

1. Not so long as people continue to believe it.
2. Definitely. Look at how many versions of the Bible there are, which isn't to mention the fact the Bible was copied by hand by scribes for over a thousand years until the invention of the printing press. Yes, the Bible has been corrupted.
3. Quite a lot, actually. It contradicts itself, and also makes claims that are blatantly wrong. The level of degree to which lies solely in which book you are referencing; The Old Testament or the New Testament. The Old Testament is full of contradictions, downright lies, and not to mention a multitude of amorality. Ironically it is most often cited in church.
4. Nothing.
5. Yes, but I am also an Atheist. I'm just answering your questions because it's fun.
6. I don't know what that would mean to a Muslim, but to me it means nothing. If your all powerful God were passionate and forgiving there would be no evil in this world.
7. Sure, anybody can be saved. If you walked out in front of a bus, I would save you.
8. No, the death and resurrection of Jesus is a fable, just like the similar stories of Horus or Krishna, or any one of a hundred other half-man half-gods that dozens of other cultures have worshiped. Quite a lot of them even predate the Jesus story.
9. I would assume it bears little meaning to them outside of being a primitive device of capital punishment, which I wouldn't be surprised to still see in use in the Middle East.
10. Nothing, they don't believe in your Bible.
11. Nothing, I see it for what it is. Jesus is just another ancient story designed to fool you into being passively submissive to the extremely harsh treatment and punishment most people in the world have undergone by those with power; Also a tool politicians and high society use to fool you into thinking they have any sort of grasp on morality.
12. No.
13. Who cares?

As for your lower comments on Islam...

1. Every religion has an agnostic sense of God, simply because NOBODY can know God or His essence. Anyone, and I mean absolutely anyone; up to and including the OP, who claims to know their God is one of two things, delusional or a liar. That is why the Bible speaks so much of faith and trust, although it deserves neither.

2. The Christian God leads astray and guides as well, so I am not quite sure what you are getting at here. This becomes even more evident if you include the holy trinity as Jesus was constantly guiding others to see his way, but when compared to his Old Testament counterpart THE God, well I would certainly hope as someone who has read the bible, I wouldn't need to explain to you why the two images are contradictory in nature.

3. Did I miss something here? Did the Christian God lose his all powerful status? When a being who is all knowing and all powerful creates you, you have no control over what you do. This has been a large debate between denominations of Christianity for centuries, so your religion is no better than theirs, only your personal beliefs are because you would like to think you have the freedom of choice.

4. If God does not want us to ignore his ways, why is he not more blunt about the truth? What is the purpose of this deception, and how does it morally fit into an all-good God's personality?

5. It really bears no consequence, Islam is no more true and no more false than Christianity; Both religions are equally wrong and people are gullible, especially when gullibility is a family tradition.

Forum List

Back