Questions For Muslims

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Chuckt, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Chuckt

Chuckt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    Islam questions from Dr Geisler book on Answering Islam and Reaching Muslims for Christ by William J. Saal

(1) Has the Bible been annulled?
    (2) Has the Bible been corrupted?
    (3) Does the Bible contradict itself
    (4) What do you believe about the gospel of Barnabus?
    (5) Do you have any doubtful texts of the Bible?
    (6) What does it mean to a Muslim that God is merciful and passionate? What does it mean to you?
    (7) Is it possible for a Muslim to be saved without acknowledging the deity of Jesus?
    (8) Did Jesus really die on the cross?
    (9) What does the cross mean to a Muslim?
    (10) What does the sacrifice in Genesis 22 mean to a Muslim in your tradition?
    (11) What does it mean to you to have faith in and trust in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross?
    (12) Does the Bible contain prophecies of Mohammed?
    (13) Does Mohammed meet the Biblical criteria for a prophet?

(1) Islam’s view of God involves a form of agnosticism because we can’t know God’s essence and therefore unable to know God.
    (2) There are problems with Islamic Determinism because God performs contradictory actions as leading astray and being the one who guides.
    (3) The moral problem with Islamic Determinism is that man isn’t responsible for his actions because God is responsible and I find it troubling that Islam doesn’t recognize the concept of Original sin. It has been stated that you would have to change the passage to state something else: [9:51] Say, "Nothing happens to us, except what GOD has decreed for us. He is our Lord and Master. In GOD the believers shall trust."
    (4) 6:35 And if it distress thee that those who deny the truth [24] turn their backs on thee - why, then, if thou art able to go down deep into the earth or to ascend a ladder unto heaven [25] in order to bring them a [yet more convincing] message, [do so;] but [remember that] had God so willed, He would indeed have gathered them all unto [His] guidance. Do not, therefore, allow thyself to ignore [God's ways]. [26]

“If thou art able” implies that Muhammad wasn’t able to do miracles.

(5) The problem with there being no canon for the hadith seems to be troubling to anyone wanting to consider Islam.

2. Book of Jeremiah

Book of Jeremiah Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,543
    Chuck, I do not know if Daws misunderstood you or if it was someone else here. The matter was about your having said Ishmael was not a son of Abraham, if I remember correctly. As you are a bible scholar I am thinking there must be some misunderstanding. Perhaps he thought you were saying Ishmael wasn't in the bible.

Anyway, I told Daws I would provide some references to Ishmael in the bible yesterday. I will post them here so he can see your thread and also you can see the scripture references to Ishmael I am giving him.

Genesis 16:11
    Genesis 16:15
    Genesis: 16:16
    Genesis 17:18, 20, 23,26
    Genesis 25: 9,12,13,16,17
    Genesis 28:9
    1 Chronicles 1:28,29, 31
    2 Chronicles 19:11
    1 Chronicles 8: 38, 44
    2 Chronicles 23:1
    Ezekiel 10:22
    1 Kings 25:23
    2 Kings 25:25
    Jeremiah 40: 8, 14, 15, 16
    Jeremiah 41: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8,9
    Jeremiah 41: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18

The reference for Ishaelites is in 1 Chronicles 27: 30
    Also... Jude 8:24 and Psalm 83: 6

there are more but those are enough to verify the facts on Ishmaels birth, lineage, what his inheritance was,promises from God, prophecies concerning his descendants, etc.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  3. Chuckt

Chuckt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    This is not what I was talking about. I see I may have to get my books out.

4. Book of Jeremiah

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,543
    You may as I posted this on the other thread and found that he believes all Muslims descended from the lineage of Abraham and his son Ishmael. That is not true. Mohammad was not born until 577 A.D. and Islam was not in existence until somewhere around 622 A.D. I believe. I know some have sought to claim the Druze religion is associated with Islam but I have spoken with those who know the Druze people in Israel and they say there is no truth in the claim.

5. Book of Jeremiah

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,543
    Let me give this example to make my point. Mr. X is in college and converts to Islam after listening to a lecture by a Muslim scholar. Mr. X. is Irish American. All of his ancestors were Irish, none were Jewish, none were Egyptian, none were of middle eastern ethnicity yet Mr. X. is now told that because he converted to Islam and has become a Muslim he is now a descendant of Ishmael. Is Mr. X a descendant of Ishmael? No. He is not.

Neither is he a descendant of Abraham.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Chuckt

Chuckt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    "If all the Arabs of the Middle East are the descendants of Abraham, whatever happened to all the Akkadians, Sumerians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Egyptians, Hittites, etc. that lived before, during, and after Abraham? What happened to all those millions of people who were not Abraham's descendants? Where did they go?", pg. 24, The Islamic Inbasion, Confronting the World's Fastest Growing Religion by Dr. Robert Morey

"Even the Dictionary Of Islam questions the whole idea that the Arabs are descendants of Ishmael.7
    -ibid.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. The Irish Ram

The Irish Ram LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,727
    As the Bible is quite clear on Ishmael, and his parents, nothing is left up to our imagination.
    Ishmael was Sarah's plan for her and her husband. Issac was God's plan for Sarah and Abraham. God stuck to His plan.
    Even so, when Hagar called out to God, and was given a prophesy concerning her seed, it was the God of Abraham that she called out to, and was answered by.
    Birth right has been the issue ever since.

Mr. X may not know his genealogy. The queen of English is Jewish and can trace her line back to David and consequently back to Abraham, but does not consider herself Jewish.
    Because of the diaspora, and lost tribes, many fighting against Israel, will learn their own Jewish genealogy and will take up arms for Israel instead of against it.
    There are lot of Jewish names, Jerome being one, in Ireland.
    As for the battle between Ishmael and Issac, God loved Abraham, and Abraham loved his sons. And asked God to keep Ishmael in favor also. And God is going to, because He loves His friend Abraham.
    And because Christ loves us all, His judgement on the nations based on their treatment of Israel, will be merciful. He will remove the hatred between the two brothers, which will cause them to love one another. And they will live together in harmony with Christ as their Bright Morning Star.

Issac and Ishmael's hatred for each other will bring this earth to utter destruction in the upcoming war. Only remnants of them both will survive it.
    Christ's return will usher in peace between them and a love for each other that in turn will provide peace for us all. He will cause peace on earth, good will towards men to be in effect when He returns.
    All of it resolved by the love Christ has for us.

Maranatha Lord, Maranatha

8. Book of Jeremiah

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,543
    Well that is exactly the point. It is not possible but when you give these people ( such as Daws ) the answer they have no response. Which is why I think his reply to me was no, do not give me bible scriptures. ( do not give me truth ) I am familiar with Dr. Robert Morey's work and find him to be one of the most accurate scholars on the subject of Islam today. * If I am not mistaken he was challenged to a debate by a team of Muslim Scholars and soundly defeated all of them. It was quite a spectacular demonstration of the mans knowledge and wisdom concerning the history of Islam and bible scripture.

*It could have been Dr. Morey who challenged the team of Muslim Scholars to the debate. Whatever the case, the final outcome was he won.

9. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,126
    You mean so called Dr. Robert Morey........ the goofy guy with the fake PhD in Islamic studies? . :lol:

When did this alleged debate take place???

And what 'trophy' did he receive for winning? . :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/06/my...ctor-behind-the-allah-is-the-moon-god-theory/

10. Chuckt

Chuckt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    Where is your education?

Faith Defenders | Education and Training of Dr. Robert A. Morey | About Faith Defenders

Where are your credentials?