Question to the God Fearing Members of the Board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Here is a question for you. All religions speak of miracles back in the day. Such as but not limited to, Moses parting the Red Sea and the plagues on Egypt, a holy man turning water into wine, gets killed and resurrected, a Grand Warlord was told by the Angel Gaberial that its his destiny to conquer Arabia (and the world) and kill all the Meccas and Jews and then he teleported from Mecca to Temple Mount and levetates to heaven and I am sure the other great religions of Budahism and Hinduism have there prehistorical miracles. Of course these "miracles" occured many years ago before recordable history. Before the tape recorder, before the video camera, before the camera altogether etc.

So if the miracles were come place back in the day, where are they now? The world is plagued by misery and surely God's miracles would be a welcomed occurence. Yet these miracles don't happen today and anything that could be considered a miracle usually gets explained by a logical and/or scientific answer. I believe the foundations for the ancient religions were based on the perceptions of either people who couldn't explain something that seemed extraodrinary (image an ancient person seeing the northern lights or an earthquake, or a tornado, or solar eclipse, or the skies turning red or even something as simple as the moon changing shapes, without the science of today ancient people could easily jump to irrational conclusions), a perception gets blow out of perportion (remember the telephone game as kids) or a gigantic fable becomes the truth.

So if religion that you believe in are based on identifiable miracles of the past, why don't any of them occur today!

I mean during the Holocaust wouldn't God have been just to save the Jews like he "supposedly" did iin ancient Egypt?

Or could it be that as we become more intellectual and understand science better that disprove any so-called miracles!

there are a lot of questions like that..why does a young child die painfully while a person like benny hinn lives....but i assume you are discussing the god of the bible..people call shit miracles all the time....it was a miracle the child was found....well why did god let it get lost to start with? its a miracle this and that...blah blah blah...because the bible was written by men with an agenda....and miracles are impressive....and yes science explains a lot of it now....

there are a lot of questions like that..why does a young child die painfully while a person like benny hinn lives....but i assume you are discussing the god of the bible..people call shit miracles all the time....it was a miracle the child was found....well why did god let it get lost to start with? its a miracle this and that...blah blah blah...because the bible was written by men with an agenda....and miracles are impressive....and yes science explains a lot of it now....

I am talking about miracles like a resurrection, teleporting between cities miles away and levataing to heaven, during water into wine with a touch or parting the red sea by hitting the ground! That type of thing!

The bible explains it all.

Including the reason the Jews continue to suffer.

jewhook, I think you pretty much hit it on the head regarding modern intellecualism and technology. I've notices that it's a rare bird for someone to claim to have seen bigfoot, theloch ness monster, and Elvis in this age of cell phone cameras too.

Regarding Moses.. if jews were gods chosen people then why did it take MOSES to challenge a pharaoh before taking action? Further, why did he start with parlor tricks like turning a rod into snakes and using frogs and locusts when, clearly, the passover angel of death would have worked the first time around? I'm thinking that the story of Moses is more of a campaign for his political leadership of former Egyptian slaves than any real indication of godly support. For that matter, if ole Mose was up on the mount confering with this almighty, omnicient god.. then why the hell was it news that the jews were busy melting gold into images of calves AFTER he came down? Wouldn't an all knowing god go ahead and skip the bullshit? I mean, what kind of a bummer would it have to be to follow Moses out of Egypt, into the desert... only to be cut down BY moses's command after falling back on cultural norms?

Last edited:
jewhook, I think you pretty much hit it on the head regarding modern intellecualism and technology. I've notices that it's a rare bird for someone to claim to have seen bigfoot, theloch ness monster, and Elvis in this age of cell phone cameras too.

Regarding Moses.. if jews were gods chosen people then why did it take MOSES to challenge a pharaoh before taking action? Further, why did he start with parlor tricks like turning a rod into snakes and using frogs and locusts when, clearly, the passover angel of death would have worked the first time around? I'm thinking that the story of Moses is more of a campaign for his political leadership of former Egyptian slaves than any real indication of godly support. For that matter, if ole Mose was up on the mount confering with this almighty, omnicient god.. then why the hell was it news that the jews were busy melting gold into images of calves AFTER he came down? Wouldn't an all knowing god go ahead and skip the bullshit? I mean, what kind of a bummer would it have to be to follow Moses out of Egypt, into the desert... only to be cut down BY moses's command after falling back on cultural norms?

Those are good questions. You can ask God before he sends you to the lake of fire.

Wow I am shocked you come out only against the Jews! Amazing you out of all people would single them out!

Miracles do happen, just not the same way or they're not noticed like they should be. when you hear of a person that had inoperable cancer and was told they are going to die, then one day the cancer is completely gone! People prayed for that person and God answered. Also, I don't believe in coincidence. Sometimes also God puts someone in your life either to help you or to test you. But most people don't recognize that fact. I believe there are Angels here on earth that help us and protect us.

When my daughter first got her license, it was either an Angel or a miracle of God that saved our lives one night. It was dark, and there was a huge dead dear in the middle of our lane. If we'd hit it we would have flipped the car, so she quickly went around it into the other lane. She then started over steering the car so we were going back & forth between both lanes. I didn't even think about it, but reached over and grabbed the wheel. Now you know when you start swerving like that you usually dont get it under control easily. But as soon as i TOUCHED the steering wheel, the car went perfectly straight down our lane. If we'd swerved into the other lane one more time, we would have been hit by a semi. Nobody will convince me that God wasn't involved!!! God Bless!!!!!!!!

Those are good questions. You can ask God before he sends you to the lake of fire.

meh.. I think id rather have a deeper conversation with a more interesting creature of myth.. Maybe bigfoot... or, the jersey devil.

Wow I am shocked you come out only against the Jews! Amazing you out of all people would single them out!

HA!

yea! because the frgging old testement, the specific example YOU cited, sure isn't chock full of JEWISH mythology!

Damn dude.. it must take a real antisemite to not bring up Chinese emperors when the subject is.. old testement miracles!

:rofl:

you are too easy, little jew boy.

Miracles do happen, just not the same way or they're not noticed like they should be. when you hear of a person that had inoperable cancer and was told they are going to die, then one day the cancer is completely gone! People prayed for that person and God answered. Also, I don't believe in coincidence. Sometimes also God puts someone in your life either to help you or to test you. But most people don't recognize that fact. I believe there are Angels here on earth that help us and protect us.

When my daughter first got her license, it was either an Angel or a miracle of God that saved our lives one night. It was dark, and there was a huge dead dear in the middle of our lane. If we'd hit it we would have flipped the car, so she quickly went around it into the other lane. She then started over steering the car so we were going back & forth between both lanes. I didn't even think about it, but reached over and grabbed the wheel. Now you know when you start swerving like that you usually dont get it under control easily. But as soon as i TOUCHED the steering wheel, the car went perfectly straight down our lane. If we'd swerved into the other lane one more time, we would have been hit by a semi. Nobody will convince me that God wasn't involved!!! God Bless!!!!!!!!

:cuckoo:

srsly. provide evidence. your assumptions are about as solid as melted jello.

every thing done on earth was done via earthly hands or earth itself via nature.

this does not mean God didn't guide those hands or didn't know of the impending natuaral disaster that could be used for the good. :D crazy, maybe to you all....but not to me!

So when New Orleans gets whacked by a hurricane, that's god's will?

No i did not say that...

As a Christian, I have been taught to believe that God knows ALL.

And at the time that He was involved more directly with the humans on Earth, when Miracles did happen, I believe, as an example, that He could have used the fact that an earthquake, causing a tsunami was going to happen and guided moses out of dodge, right at the perfect moment, to make it across the Sea of Reeds, (not the red Sea, which is a typo) when the tidal wave was pulling the water out and put the egyptians following them in the position to be in the middle of the Sea of Reeds when the tidal wave came in.... call it Karma, call it perfect timing, call it feminine intuition only for a man, call it what you wish, but I personally call it God....that's all.

care

Hi GHook:

So if the miracles were come place back in the day, where are they now?

God is "taking from among the Gentiles a people ("Christ's Body" =1Cor. 12:27 = Church #2 here) for His name" (Acts 15:14) and they MUST be saved by God's grace through faith APART from works. Eph. 2:8-10 (Gospel #2 here). God has placed all great signs and wonders on the shelf, so this special assembly of kings/rulers can be gathered and 'justified' (Rom. 4:4-6) by faith APART from any works at all. Should God allow the son of man to use his powers, of the 'cultivator of the land' (your father Adam), then the sons of men would believe by 'these works' and God's Plan is ruined. The idea is for the sons of disobedience to believe in their heart of hearts that God does NOT exist, so that all of His mighty angels can see how you behave when the Cat is away and the mice play . . .

So if religion that you believe in are based on identifiable miracles of the past, why don't any of them occur today!

They do happen . . . Shhhh. :0)

I mean during the Holocaust wouldn't God have been just to save the Jews like he "supposedly" did iin ancient Egypt?

Each dies in his own time. Learn the lesson of Christ, saying,

"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31.
Those destined to die in the Holocost died in the Holocost 'and' like those about to die in the coming Holocost. The evil powers of this darkness (Eph. 6:12) have no power in their hands at all (like Pilate over Christ); everything is fixed (Ecc. 1:9-11) and they cannot change it . . .

Or could it be that as we become more intellectual and understand science better that disprove any so-called miracles!

No. Many of the aliens flying around in their space ships are terrestrial and have been around for millions of years. They also withhold their power to do miracles, as they are waiting for the Messiah . . . too. :0)

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back