Question to the God Fearing Members of the Board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GHook, have you have read and studied the Torah?

I believe miracles still happen today. The question should be, "Do others believe when someone shares a miracle with them?" Or are some miracles kept from those who have doubt? Does everyone write about what they have seen? Or possibly we have not had the pleasure of reading or hearing about other people's miracles or talking to them personally?

Have you ever watch the movie about the true story of Sung Neng Yee life, now known as Nora Lamb's - China Cry? If not you may want to watch it. You can watch it free online. After you have seen the movie go talk to a doctor or nurse on the baby ward of any hospital and you will understand why it is a miracle that she carried her child for 11 months. I had a nurse friend once tell me that is impossible. I told her then possibly you should check on my mother's medical records from when she was pregnant with my brother. She carried him for ten months. I have no doubt Nora Lamb carried her child for 11 months.

I had my mom on the phone one day and she was all excited. She told tell me about how she got to see how God parted the Red Sea. They live on the Snake River. In front of their home the water gets deep very fast. In Idaho they have Super Cells. She was looking out the window one day and watch the water part. To her it was awesome. It answered one of those questions she had pondered for years.

No matter how many times one hears about a miracle or sees a miracle of their own do they believe? Would you even know if God sent an angel to speak to you? (Balaam and his donkey) I don't think most would unless God allowed them to know that it was His angel that they saw.

then you should have no problem posting examples. I look forward to laughing at your excuse as to why you won't.

I already did. In my thread about why I believe in God.

However, I dont have any problem sharing examples of miracles. I will refrain from my own as I dont feel as though you would appreciate them, but the miracles of others who have already shared their experiences is simple enough. I will tell you that Ive seen many miracles with my own eyes. Faith proceeds miracles though, so dont doubt because you dont see, because you wont until after the trial of your faith.

Miracles

The Spiritual Gifts of Healing, Tongues, Prophecy and Discerning of Spirits

The Shield of Faith

So when New Orleans gets whacked by a hurricane, that's god's will?

Its quite possible. God's purposes can be fulfilled through means stranges to others.

One thing I do know, A great and mighty City was destroyed in a day. With such evidence I think it is quite foolish to conclude that the destructions prophecied of can never happen.

I think that God does perform miracles today as well, because my husband and I have both been witnesses to such....I do think He seemed to be more involved in earlier years because those were the days of many prophets...but i have no problem being wrong on my thinking on this....:)

a Grand Warlord was told by the Angel Gaberial that its his destiny to conquer Arabia (and the world) and kill all the Meccas and Jews and then he teleported from Mecca to Temple Mount and levetates to heaven

You can't go very long without attempting to vilify and misrepresent Islam, can you? :lol:

Get a life, dude.

In other words no miracles happen today even though they were supposedly a common occurence back in prerecorded history! Thanks for playing!

Hi GHook:

So if the miracles were come place back in the day, where are they now?

God is "taking from among the Gentiles a people ("Christ's Body" =1Cor. 12:27 = Church #2 here) for His name" (Acts 15:14) and they MUST be saved by God's grace through faith APART from works. Eph. 2:8-10 (Gospel #2 here). God has placed all great signs and wonders on the shelf, so this special assembly of kings/rulers can be gathered and 'justified' (Rom. 4:4-6) by faith APART from any works at all. Should God allow the son of man to use his powers, of the 'cultivator of the land' (your father Adam), then the sons of men would believe by 'these works' and God's Plan is ruined. The idea is for the sons of disobedience to believe in their heart of hearts that God does NOT exist, so that all of His mighty angels can see how you behave when the Cat is away and the mice play . . .

So if religion that you believe in are based on identifiable miracles of the past, why don't any of them occur today!

They do happen . . . Shhhh. :0)

Each dies in his own time. Learn the lesson of Christ, saying,

"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31.
Those destined to die in the Holocost died in the Holocost 'and' like those about to die in the coming Holocost. The evil powers of this darkness (Eph. 6:12) have no power in their hands at all (like Pilate over Christ); everything is fixed (Ecc. 1:9-11) and they cannot change it . . .

Or could it be that as we become more intellectual and understand science better that disprove any so-called miracles!

No. Many of the aliens flying around in their space ships are terrestrial and have been around for millions of years. They also withhold their power to do miracles, as they are waiting for the Messiah . . . too. :0)

GL,

Terral

GHook, have you have read and studied the Torah?
Nope and nor do I plan to read it (or the bible or the Koran for that matter)!

I believe miracles still happen today. The question should be, "Do others believe when someone shares a miracle with them?" Or are some miracles kept from those who have doubt? Does everyone write about what they have seen? Or possibly we have not had the pleasure of reading or hearing about other people's miracles or talking to them personally?
Be specific! What grand miracles have happened nowadays that are equivalent to a sea parting, a dead man raising from the grave or a Warlord child molestors speaking to Angels and teleporting many many miles and assending to heaven!

Have you ever watch the movie about the true story of Sung Neng Yee life, now known as Nora Lamb's - China Cry? If not you may want to watch it. You can watch it free online. After you have seen the movie go talk to a doctor or nurse on the baby ward of any hospital and you will understand why it is a miracle that she carried her child for 11 months. I had a nurse friend once tell me that is impossible. I told her then possibly you should check on my mother's medical records from when she was pregnant with my brother. She carried him for ten months. I have no doubt Nora Lamb carried her child for 11 months.
If I have time I will check it out!

I had my mom on the phone one day and she was all excited. She told tell me about how she got to see how God parted the Red Sea. They live on the Snake River. In front of their home the water gets deep very fast. In Idaho they have Super Cells. She was looking out the window one day and watch the water part. To her it was awesome. It answered one of those questions she had pondered for years.
Just curious and not to be insulting, but did your mom enjoy the LSD in the '60s (I know most of my religious experience were on LSD, Shrooms, X and Pyote)!

No matter how many times one hears about a miracle or sees a miracle of their own do they believe? Would you even know if God sent an angel to speak to you? (Balaam and his donkey) I don't think most would unless God allowed them to know that it was His angel that they saw.
So again no specifics!

Its quite possible. God's purposes can be fulfilled through means stranges to others.

One thing I do know, A great and mighty City was destroyed in a day. With such evidence I think it is quite foolish to conclude that the destructions prophecied of can never happen.

Back in the day, the Mayans used to slaughter dozens upon dozens of helpless victims to get "god" to make it rain for their crops or to bring out the sun! That is ridiculous and that is what people sound like when they blame hurricanes or tornados on "god's will."

a Grand Warlord was told by the Angel Gaberial that its his destiny to conquer Arabia (and the world) and kill all the Meccas and Jews and then he teleported from Mecca to Temple Mount and levetates to heaven

You can't go very long without attempting to vilify and misrepresent Islam, can you? :lol:

Get a life, dude.

I believe I bashed Judaism (calling the parting of the red sea a myth along with calling them the choosen people a myth). I also bashed Christianity by calling the resurrection a myth and turning water into win a myth (Hey if Jesus could turn water into beer or burbon, I would be a devoted follower :eusa_angel:)! I also said Buddhaist and Hinduism, which I don't know enough about, were probably based on miracles also. So take your sensitivity and shove it.

Your "religion" is the youngest of the Arbrahamic and youngest of the big 5. Your religion started in the 6th, 7th century which starts to put it around recorded history. Much was know about your so-called false prophet. He was a Warlord, a rapist and a child molester. Those are facts.

(1) He lead military campaigns agains the Meccans, Medina and Jewish tribes of the Arabian pennisula to purge the pennisula of all non-believers. He did a good job, since even today there are only a handful of non-Muslims on the Pennisula.
(2) He ordered the execution of thousands of prisoners and people who refused to convert.
(3) He ordered politicial assassinations
(4) He started the Arab Crusades that eventually overtook Persia spread to Asia and Europe, spread across North Africa and all the way to Spain.
Jesus supposedly died for his follower's sins, I can see a holy man like him engaging on a quest of conquer! King David and Saul were warlords, however they are the Jews prophet!
(5) Moe was pretty much known to take many many wives. Many of which were the spoils of military victory. So consemating their "marriage" is the equivalent of rape!
(6) Aisha was 5 yrs old when she married! And I believe 8 when he took her. Sorry buddy but those are much too young of ages even for back then! I heard the Muslim excuse before, Aisha went willingly. Even for the sake of argument you are willing to believe that garbage, would we nowadays accept that as a defense for a child rapist! Nope!

Sorry bud i didn't single out your religion, but since you asked there you go!
(5)

Here is a question for you. All religions speak of miracles back in the day. Such as but not limited to, Moses parting the Red Sea and the plagues on Egypt, a holy man turning water into wine, gets killed and resurrected, a Grand Warlord was told by the Angel Gaberial that its his destiny to conquer Arabia (and the world) and kill all the Meccas and Jews and then he teleported from Mecca to Temple Mount and levetates to heaven and I am sure the other great religions of Budahism and Hinduism have there prehistorical miracles. Of course these "miracles" occured many years ago before recordable history. Before the tape recorder, before the video camera, before the camera altogether etc.

So if the miracles were come place back in the day, where are they now? The world is plagued by misery and surely God's miracles would be a welcomed occurence. Yet these miracles don't happen today and anything that could be considered a miracle usually gets explained by a logical and/or scientific answer. I believe the foundations for the ancient religions were based on the perceptions of either people who couldn't explain something that seemed extraodrinary (image an ancient person seeing the northern lights or an earthquake, or a tornado, or solar eclipse, or the skies turning red or even something as simple as the moon changing shapes, without the science of today ancient people could easily jump to irrational conclusions), a perception gets blow out of perportion (remember the telephone game as kids) or a gigantic fable becomes the truth.

So if religion that you believe in are based on identifiable miracles of the past, why don't any of them occur today!

I mean during the Holocaust wouldn't God have been just to save the Jews like he "supposedly" did iin ancient Egypt?

Or could it be that as we become more intellectual and understand science better that disprove any so-called miracles!

I think this is a fair question. Be sure to understand that I don't have an "absolute" answer. However, here is my understanding.

I believe that as we study the miracles in the OT, we will see that God was making a statement, delivering a message, or just making His presence known where it was needed, to a specific people at a specific time. He also used miracles to bring about certain historical events. In all of the miracles, He was making Himself known to mankind.

In the NT, the miracles were signs and wonders, identifying who Jesus is, and also showing how God works in His followers.

I believe these kinds of miracles can still happen, however, I don't believe we will really see them often again until the end time events start rolling full blast.

God has already revealed Himself, and given us the Word to show us what He has done, and is capible of doing, and who He is.

In the lives of today's believers, God is still working miracles, but they are not as open to the public as before. God has established a real and personal relationship with believers. In that relationship He reveals Himself to us in ways that we need, to understand. I have had health conditions healed. I have seen God cause events that brought about a significant work through me in the lives of others. I have seen prayers answered. I have been blessed to hear Him as He leads me in preparing Sunday school lessons every week (for the last 27 years). I have sat and, while teaching, opened my mouth and spoken things that I did not understand until that point. I love it when that happens. Each time I sit back and tell my class, "We have just heard God's thoughts on the matter, in real time."

So, there are still miracles, however, most of us don't see them often, or in as great of a way as it was in the Bible. That is because He is not showing the world any more, He is teaching and loving us individually. He does, however, take care of our needs. We often overlook that as an awesome miracle.

These are my thoughts.
God bless you all.

Was it Jesus or John Frum? I don't know, I just know he said he's coming' back..

Also, I don't believe in coincidence.[/;quote]

Anything e
lse you say will surely be retarded...

. She then started over steering the car so we were going back & forth between both lanes. I didn't even think about it, but reached over and grabbed the wheel. Now you know when you start swerving like that you usually dont get it under control easily. But as soon as i TOUCHED the steering wheel, the car went perfectly straight down our lane.

Tends to happen when a more experienced driver straightens out the wheel and gets the stupid kid to calm down...

If we'd swerved into the other lane one more time, we would have been hit by a semi. Nobody will convince me that God wasn't involved!!! God Bless!!!!!!!!
It was John Frum. That was no deer, that was cargo... You refused a gift from John? Why do you turn away from him? he loves you!

Just curious and not to be insulting, but did your mom enjoy the LSD in the '60s (I know most of my religious experience were on LSD, Shrooms, X and Pyote)!
Your "not to be insulting" appears to be nothing more than an attempt to insult. Yet I will answer this anyhow. No my mother did not take LSD or any other form of drug.

You claim "(I know.......)" it does not mean you know what others have seen, heard or experienced.

You will have to make your own decisions and seek out the truth on your own.

Balaam and the donkey...

then you should have no problem posting examples. I look forward to laughing at your excuse as to why you won't.

I already did. In my thread about why I believe in God.

However, I dont have any problem sharing examples of miracles. I will refrain from my own as I dont feel as though you would appreciate them, but the miracles of others who have already shared their experiences is simple enough. I will tell you that Ive seen many miracles with my own eyes. Faith proceeds miracles though, so dont doubt because you dont see, because you wont until after the trial of your faith.

Miracles

The Spiritual Gifts of Healing, Tongues, Prophecy and Discerning of Spirits

The Shield of Faith

I'm afriad you are gonna have to post something a LOT more substantial than a link to the LDS, thanks. You'll have to forgive me for not taking the word of dogma junkies sitting at the edge of their seat just LOOKING for anything to place a miracle sticker on.

Ever wonder why you never have Quadriplegics in your list of "miracles"?

:eusa_angel:

Back in the day, the Mayans used to slaughter dozens upon dozens of helpless victims to get "god" to make it rain for their crops or to bring out the sun! That is ridiculous and that is what people sound like when they blame hurricanes or tornados on "god's will."

I'm sure that Muslims thought that Allah had created a miracle by destroying N.O.
So it just depends on what side your are.

there are a lot of questions like that..why does a young child die painfully while a person like benny hinn lives....but i assume you are discussing the god of the bible..people call shit miracles all the time....it was a miracle the child was found....well why did god let it get lost to start with? its a miracle this and that...blah blah blah...because the bible was written by men with an agenda....and miracles are impressive....and yes science explains a lot of it now....

I am talking about miracles like a resurrection, teleporting between cities miles away and levataing to heaven, during water into wine with a touch or parting the red sea by hitting the ground! That type of thing!

Actually, there are near death experiences and strange instances that happens to people or survive impossible situations unscaved. If you call these "miracles", then miracles still occur. On the other hand, If you refer to miracles as some prophet comes up, give out an incredulous warning, then the event come to pass, those rarely, if ever, occur.

The "non-traditional" miracles are freak occurances and oddities(and you can find and hear about alot of such of these things on a early morning radio show "Coast to Coast with George Noory" warning, Noory is so good with his interviewing abilities that at times he sounds like he hangs to every word his questionable guests says. If you follow the show long enough, you would realize that Noory draws a very fine, and at times pratical, line between what he believes and what he thinks is utter nonsense. Pretty entertaining to hear over the radio.) Also I have had some strange experiences myself like hearing chants/murmurs during a camping trip(could it be the lake water churning??) and such. Even though I do not know for sure why these things occur, I do not try to make inferance that it is the results of some great Cloud being trying to communicate with me.

The use of miracles in most holy text are actually analogs intending to communicate an idea or lesson through the use of some extreme situation or event. I think it is more intended to attract an immature audience, like children, into learning how to become an upright citizen why promoting fear in those that would go against the religious laws as accepted by the community. Of course, if you are in a secular community(a community that contains many religious groups and tolerate and sometimes aid each other in the promotion of the society), you would come across many fantastical tales, and some tales that are basically the same. Here, one can realize that the miracles are not important. In fact, it would be foolish to use them to promote a religious ideology through the use of miracles because it makes you look like a madman to adults that do not share the same beliefs.

Last edited:
Here is a question for you. All religions speak of miracles back in the day. Such as but not limited to, Moses parting the Red Sea and the plagues on Egypt, a holy man turning water into wine, gets killed and resurrected, a Grand Warlord was told by the Angel Gaberial that its his destiny to conquer Arabia (and the world) and kill all the Meccas and Jews and then he teleported from Mecca to Temple Mount and levetates to heaven and I am sure the other great religions of Budahism and Hinduism have there prehistorical miracles. Of course these "miracles" occured many years ago before recordable history. Before the tape recorder, before the video camera, before the camera altogether etc.

So if the miracles were come place back in the day, where are they now? The world is plagued by misery and surely God's miracles would be a welcomed occurence. Yet these miracles don't happen today and anything that could be considered a miracle usually gets explained by a logical and/or scientific answer. I believe the foundations for the ancient religions were based on the perceptions of either people who couldn't explain something that seemed extraodrinary (image an ancient person seeing the northern lights or an earthquake, or a tornado, or solar eclipse, or the skies turning red or even something as simple as the moon changing shapes, without the science of today ancient people could easily jump to irrational conclusions), a perception gets blow out of perportion (remember the telephone game as kids) or a gigantic fable becomes the truth.

I mean during the Holocaust wouldn't God have been just to save the Jews like he "supposedly" did iin ancient Egypt?

A simple question with a simple truth. The age of the Miraculous is over, as clearly explained in detail in the Holy Scriptures. The miracles were not for personal support as God is no respecter of person, (He loves the sinner as much as the saint), but the miracles were "signs and wonders" to validate the WORD OF GOD that was being spoken as actually coming from GOD. The miraculous was used to confirm the NEW DOCTRINE being propagated by the Apostles of Christ....once the Doctrine was complete..or made whole/perfect, that which was done in part would be done away with (the miraculous)....as we now have the "perfect law of liberty" revealed in totality, THE NEW TESTAMENT of grace the last will and testament of our Lord Jesus Christ. Simply read and COMPREHEND 1 Cor. 13. If anyone seeks out the religion of Christianity for the purpose of PERSONAL gain....they have missed the boat in the first place.

Last edited:
But what proof is there that the flood thing even happened?

Oh gosh, you need to watch the Discovery Channel and the History channel or National Geographic channel and sometimes even The Learning Channel....they have had some great documentories on proving and disproving these b\Bible stories!!! they've been really interesting!!! :)

Care

A simple question with a simple truth. The age of the Miraculous is over, as clearly explained in detail in the Holy Scriptures. The miracles were not for personal support as God is no respecter of person

Isn't that rather convenient! When miracles can stated to be recorded they stop happening!

Last edited:

A simple question with a simple truth. The age of the Miraculous is over, as clearly explained in detail in the Holy Scriptures. The miracles were not for personal support as God is no respecter of person, (He loves the sinner as much as the saint), but the miracles were "signs and wonders" to validate the WORD OF GOD that was being spoken as actually coming from GOD. The miraculous was used to confirm the NEW DOCTRINE being propagated by the Apostles of Christ....once the Doctrine was complete..or made whole/perfect, that which was done in part would be done away with (the miraculous)....as we now have the "perfect law of liberty" revealed in totality, THE NEW TESTAMENT of grace the last will and testament of our Lord Jesus Christ. Simply read and COMPREHEND 1 Cor. 13. If anyone seeks out the religion of Christianity for the purpose of PERSONAL gain....they have missed the boat in the first place.

That is, of course, you take the word of men you barely know....

I believe I bashed Judaism (calling the parting of the red sea a myth along with calling them the choosen people a myth). I also bashed Christianity by calling the resurrection a myth and turning water into win a myth (Hey if Jesus could turn water into beer or burbon, I would be a devoted follower :eusa_angel:)! I also said Buddhaist and Hinduism, which I don't know enough about, were probably based on miracles also. So take your sensitivity and shove it.
Spare me the BS. You made shit up about Islam in an attempt to vilify and rationalize your hatred of it.

Your "religion" is the youngest of the Arbrahamic and youngest of the big 5. Your religion started in the 6th, 7th century which starts to put it around recorded history.
History had been recorded long before the 7th century CE. :eusa_eh:

Herodotus?

Much was know about your so-called false prophet. He was a Warlord, a rapist and a child molester. Those are facts.
He was a warlord out of necessity. The second two things are, of course, vile and inflammatory prevarications.

1) He lead military campaigns agains the Meccans,
Yeah. What was wrong with that, exactly?

At least attempt to familiarize yourself with early Islamic history before spouting ridiculous nonsense.

Hijra (Islam) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and Jewish tribes of the Arabian pennisula
Muhammad warred with Jewish tribes who were hostile to Muslims. Those who weren't were regarded as allies. Sorry, but Muhammad didn't hate your favorite ethnicity simply for being who they were. I know you're disappointed.

to purge the pennisula of all non-believers.
Your ass must hurt after having this whole post pulled out of it, dude. Muhammad himself prohibited forced conversions and killing solely on the basis of religion.

There is no compulsion in religion -- the right way is indeed clearly distinct from error. So whoever disbelieves in the devil and believes in Allah, he indeed lays hold on the firmest handle which shall never break. And Allah is Hearing, Knowing. - 2:256

And say: The Truth is from your Lord; so let him who please believe, and let him who please disbelieve. Surely We have prepared for the iniquitous a Fire, and enclosure of which will encompass them. And if they cry for water, they are given water like molten brass, scalding their faces. Evil the drink! And ill the resting-place! - 18:29

Say: O disbelievers,
I serve not that which you serve,
Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve,
Nor shall I serve that which ye serve,
Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve.
For you is your religion and for me my religion.

He did a good job, since even today there are only a handful of non-Muslims on the Pennisula.
Clearly, nothing in the past ~1,300 years had anything to do with that.

(2) He ordered the execution of thousands of prisoners and people who refused to convert.
See above. Nobody was executed simply for being a non-Muslim. People were executed for attempting to destroy Islam, or in the case of the B. Qurayza, for flagrantly betraying Muslims.

(3) He ordered politicial assassinations
In a state of war. I don't blame him; he did what he had to do to save himself and the community he founded from destruction.

(4) He started the Arab Crusades that eventually overtook Persia spread to Asia and Europe, spread across North Africa and all the way to Spain.
Muhammad never fought outside of Arabia. He only involved himself in conflicts against those who had attacked or persecuted Muslims first.

Jesus supposedly died for his follower's sins, I can see a holy man like him engaging on a quest of conquer! King David and Saul were warlords, however they are the Jews prophet!
I don't believe that capitulation to one's enemies, even if it supposedly entails winning some sort of "spiritual" battle, is honorable. If my community was being persecuted for religious reasons, I wouldn't make a martyr of myself, I'd resist and attempt to overcome the persecutors as Muhammad did.

(5) Moe was pretty much known to take many many wives. Many of which were the spoils of military victory. So consemating their "marriage" is the equivalent of rape!
Please, enlighten me as to which wife was forced into an abusive marriage with mean old Muhammad against her will. Share with me the particulars of his misdeeds.

Why would you make things up when you clearly know nothing about Muhammad's relationships with his wives?

Abu Hurairah reported -
The Messenger of Allah, ﷺ, said:
"The most perfect of the believers in faith is the best of them in moral excellence, and the best of you are the kindest to your wives." - Tr. 12:11

Aswad said -
I asked Aishah, "What did the Prophet, ﷺ, do when in his house?" She said, "He served his wife," meaning that he did work for his wife. - B. 10:44

(6) Aisha was 5 yrs old when she married! And I believe 8 when he took her. Sorry buddy but those are much too young of ages even for back then! I heard the Muslim excuse before, Aisha went willingly. Even for the sake of argument you are willing to believe that garbage,
I assume you're referring to the ages cited in Bukhari's hadith collection, which are 6 for betrothal and 9 for actual marriage. This claim, based on a single source, was likely made so that no questions would be raised about Aisha's virginity and the legitimacy of Muhammad's heirs through her. None of his other wives were virgins when he married them, so if it could be demonstrated that Aisha wasn't as well, his enemies would have been able to argue that he didn't have any legitimate heirs.

In reality, Aisha was around 14 at the time of betrothal and 19 or 20 when the marriage was consummated. This has been confirmed by multiple historical sources rather than only one.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/78261-radical-islam-over-runs-london-streets.html#post1261210

Sorry bud i didn't single out your religion, but since you asked there you go!
(5)
Yeah, right. You attack my religious beliefs even when they're completely unrelated to the discussion at hand. I'm not even sure why you and others so desperately want all of these lies about Islam to be true. If you have to make shit up about something to rationalize your hatred towards it, that's a pretty sure sign that it's undeserving of your hatred. Think logically for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back