Question regarding reputation

Im still a little new at this. Where your screename is displayed, and lists your total number of posts, thanks etc..what do the badges and green and gold stripes next to your reputation power stand for? Thanks.

They let others know how big our packages are, Shortie.

:cool:

I'm sure it was a joke-the OP's rep has gone up since starting this thread.

Honest, it really was no joke. Until now I wasn't sure about those stripes and badges, and have been trying to figure out how the whole rep thing works....but for those who gave me a good one. I thank you.

This is the Current Reputation Breakdown. It is Under Review.
==================================================

User jumps out of basement windows -5000
User should be ignored at all costs -2000
User is likely a worthless troll -1000
User is not well liked -500
User is misunderestimated -100
User is an unknown quantity at this point +-0
User could be on a school board +200
User could be police chief +1000
User Could have my own talk show +3000
User could be city mayor +5000
User could be state governor +10000
User could be state senator +15000
User could be the president +20000
User has a reputation beyond repute +30000
User could be the Buddha +40000
User could successfully start his own religion +100000

So is there a place where I can read how the the points are awarded? Do you just click on "approve" and it happens automatically?

I know "red" equals negative reps, and "green" is positive, but what the heck is "blue"?

I've gotten a couple of those. And the little green blobs get bigger and then get smaller, but the rep power number doesn't go down, what is that? I had a few yellow ones, then they disappeared???

Blue means the person giving you rep has no rep to give you. Either they are too new or are in the negative so no points are given or taken away. So don't worry about all those little blue marks from poet. They don't mean anything.

Honest, it really was no joke. Until now I wasn't sure about those stripes and badges, and have been trying to figure out how the whole rep thing works....but for those who gave me a good one. I thank you.

I don't think that's what she meant, but you should know what she did mean. I believe Noomi was referring to the post "negged for questioning rep" -- which I'm sure was a joke but it's kind of an inside joke.

See, around here for reasons I've never been able to fathom, you can get negged (negative rep) for asking how things work or for talking about getting negged. I know it makes no sense but fair warning. Ask questions at your peril. I'll probably get negged just for telling you this. It's bizarre.

How the points are accrued: you post something brilliant, somebody notices and awards you whatever points they are worth at the time. Post something nasty, and you might get the opposite: points deducted. You'll see how it works as you go. And always take the time to thank the repper who sends you something good.

I don't think that's what she meant, but you should know what she did mean. I believe Noomi was referring to the post "negged for questioning rep" -- which I'm sure was a joke but it's kind of an inside joke.

See, around here for reasons I've never been able to fathom, you can get negged (negative rep) for asking how things work or for talking about getting negged. I know it makes no sense but fair warning. Ask questions at your peril. I'll probably get negged just for telling you this. It's bizarre.

How the points are accrued: you post something brilliant, somebody notices and awards you whatever points they are worth at the time. Post something nasty, and you might get the opposite: points deducted. You'll see how it works as you go. And always take the time to thank the repper who sends you something good.
i would love to thank the people who rep me but I have messaging turned off except for friends. It saves a lot of grief that way.

I know "red" equals negative reps, and "green" is positive, but what the heck is "blue"?

I've gotten a couple of those. And the little green blobs get bigger and then get smaller, but the rep power number doesn't go down, what is that? I had a few yellow ones, then they disappeared???

Blue means the person giving you rep has no rep to give you. Either they are too new or are in the negative so no points are given or taken away. So don't worry about all those little blue marks from poet. They don't mean anything.

It's not the blue marks from poet that are disgusting, it's his comments that suck.

This is the Current Reputation Breakdown. It is Under Review.

User jumps out of basement windows -5000
User should be ignored at all costs -2000
User is likely a worthless troll -1000
User is not well liked -500
User is misunderestimated -100
User is an unknown quantity at this point +-0
User could be on a school board +200
User could be police chief +1000
User Could have my own talk show +3000
User could be city mayor +5000
User could be state governor +10000
User could be state senator +15000
User could be the president +20000
User has a reputation beyond repute +30000
User could be the Buddha +40000
User could successfully start his own religion +100000

So is there a place where I can read how the the points are awarded? Do you just click on "approve" and it happens automatically?
It should already be set to "approve." You can give up to 20 reps a day to different people. If you want to give rep to the same person, you have to wait until you have given 12 reps to other posters, first. That way, rep is spread around, and you make more friends. Good luck with reputation. The more pos rep you give, the better acquainted you become around the forums. It's how you tell someone they said something very good. A negative rep tells just the opposite.

You can also post something brilliant and get negged by people who disagree with your awesome post, and you can be the worlds biggest racist and get tons of rep points.

And yes, always thank the repper! :)

Forum List

Back