Question for Republicans : Can Trump Win?

Crickets......they will say he can, but inwardly know he can't.

My guess is that Trump will NEVER win...I cannot believe that the electorate (even the right wing loonies) is really that dumb....

Most likely, Rubio and Kasich or Rubio and Fiorina

against Clinton and [Julian?] Castro.

I would say yes. He has a proven track record for understanding and making money. He is KNOWN all around the globe for building projects AND he is ALREADY known for fixing democrat failures.

I n New York when the public outdoor skating rink went WAY over budget being built by the city they dropped it.

HE picked it up and finished it out of his own pocket. That means he CAN get things done even when government can't. So YES HE CAN and he would do well.

hope that he can but I'm not interested in the 'gop' winning . Doesn't matter to me , Isupport Trump or Cruz so I won't get behind a Rubio or other rino so that the gop , repubs , rinos can win . I think that I answered your question !!

I would say yes. He has a proven track record for understanding and making money. He is KNOWN all around the globe for building projects AND he is ALREADY known for fixing democrat failures.

I n New York when the public outdoor skating rink went WAY over budget being built by the city they dropped it.

HE picked it up and finished it out of his own pocket. That means he CAN get things done even when government can't. So YES HE CAN and he would do well.

Yeah, that proves he is very rich. He is a Political Bully who has never been told "NO!"

So...Trump will personally pick up the tab for federal projects if he's elected President? Hey...works for me!

Interesting, I have become convinced that Trump can in fact win...the primary.

I don't think there is a chance in hell he can win the general, but we shall see...

If he were to win the general and become president I think he would be very ineffectual. This is a man much to used to getting his own way. When you're born rich and everybody around you is your employee it tends to go that way. Working in a system of power sharing is something he has never had to do, he will try to order the congress to do something and then find out they don't have to.

Of course he will never admit he is wrong and it will be gridlock.

It couldn't be a landslide because no Dems will vote for him. He may be able to garner enough independents to squeak out a win if all the chips land on his side of the table.

Entertaining if nothing else.

You asked a serious question.

The real question is (should be) can he win the GOP nomination. The GOP is dominated by conservatives. Trump is not a conservative. McCain was probably more moderate than the GOP rank and file. Romney was probably more moderate as well.
One of the choruses that we heard after the 2008 and 2012 elections was the angst of the GOP that they didn't nominate a "real" conservative. They seem poised to not only nominate a "real" conservative but to nominate someone who publicly supported the Clintons time and again. It truly boggles the mind.

Anyway, polling suggests that he is going to win. I think the polling is soft because of the difference between likely voters vs. registered voters. Also, I think you'll see the establishment GOP rally around whomever does well in the early contests and give him money and support. It's looking like Rubio.

If Trump wins the GOP nomination; all general elections are a coin flip. It's a binary system and a gaffe by your opponent is much more valuable than a white paper by your own side. We all know Clinton can gaffe almost like nobody else at times.

So the answer is Yes. He can. I give him about 1 in 5 of getting the GOP nomination and a 50/50 of the General if he is the GOP nominee.

Of course he can win, and will. Stop and think... NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE, has ever had such a huge lead and maintained it like he has for this long, which means it isn't going to fade. The people that are supporting him aren't likely to change their mind. He tapped into them early on the issues they feel are important, and that isn't going to change, so yes, he can win and most likely will.

The only other two that even have a remote chance are Cruz and Carson, and as far as I'm concerned with Trump, Cruz and Carson, its a WIN, WIN, WIN for conservatives.

Of course. The main quality I look for in a president is whether he can build a skating rink. What more could you expect from the most powerful man in the free world? Stress free skating rink construction......we're saved.

It's looking more and more like a brokered convention.
Whatever happened to the Grand Old Party? Do they want the dems to win?

You asked a serious question.

The real question is (should be) can he win the GOP nomination. The GOP is dominated by conservatives. Trump is not a conservative. McCain was probably more moderate than the GOP rank and file. Romney was probably more moderate as well.
One of the choruses that we heard after the 2008 and 2012 elections was the angst of the GOP that they didn't nominate a "real" conservative. They seem poised to not only nominate a "real" conservative but to nominate someone who publicly supported the Clintons time and again. It truly boggles the mind.

Anyway, polling suggests that he is going to win. I think the polling is soft because of the difference between likely voters vs. registered voters. Also, I think you'll see the establishment GOP rally around whomever does well in the early contests and give him money and support. It's looking like Rubio.

If Trump wins the GOP nomination; all general elections are a coin flip. It's a binary system and a gaffe by your opponent is much more valuable than a white paper by your own side. We all know Clinton can gaffe almost like nobody else at times.

So the answer is Yes. He can. I give him about 1 in 5 of getting the GOP nomination and a 50/50 of the General if he is the GOP nominee.

Very thoughtful. It would be interesting if the establishment went with Rubio because he would be open to the same charge that the GOP leveled against Obama, that being that a one term Senator with very little foreign policy experience is not ready to assume the presidency.

I still think his chances are better in the primary because I just don't see how the est. can stop him. If they openly campaign against him it's likely to make him stronger, and ignoring hasn't worked.

You're right about the Hillary and gaffs but Trump has said things he can get away with in the primary race that would definitely be gaffs in the general.

50/50 is probably fair

Of course he can win, and will. Stop and think... NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE, has ever had such a huge lead and maintained it like he has for this long, which means it isn't going to fade. The people that are supporting him aren't likely to change their mind. He tapped into them early on the issues they feel are important, and that isn't going to change, so yes, he can win and most likely will.

The only other two that even have a remote chance are Cruz and Carson, and as far as I'm concerned with Trump, Cruz and Carson, its a WIN, WIN, WIN for conservatives.

Your argument gives good reason that he will win the GOP nomination. And if he does, the GOP is screwed. They will lose the WH and the Senate, overwhelmingly. But if thinking this egomaniac, slightly deranged, individual can win in the General helps you sleep at night, go for it!

GO DONALD!

Your argument gives good reason that he will win the GOP nomination. And if he does, the GOP is screwed. They will lose the WH and the Senate, overwhelmingly. But if thinking this egomaniac, slightly deranged, individual can win in the General helps you sleep at night, go for it!

GO DONALD!
Aaahh... sure... HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA.... you should lay off the BONG.

While he has maintained a substantial lead now for months he has never cracked 30% in the polls, at least that I've seen. Meanwhile, Hillary is over 50% in many polls. If Hillary gets the nomination most Bernie supporters like me will happily vote for Hillary over any GOP candidate, few will stay home. With the vote so spread out in the Republican Party I'm not so sure that establishment types and evangelicals will find Trump palatable and may loose enthusiasm and stay home.

I am asking about the primary and the general, what do you think?
Whah Hail Yuy ! Hez wunner us !
redneck.jpg

GO DONALD!
Aaahh... sure... HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA.... you should lay off the BONG.

Donald is a prayer answered for the Dems. Even the old guy Bernie could beat him. Just WONDERFUL!

Forum List

Back