Question About the KJV

Steven_R

Tommy Vercetti Fan Club
Jul 17, 2013
I've brought this question up, but never gotten a satisfactory answer: what happens to someone who doesn't read Jacobean English? Are other translations acceptable in God's eyes for non-English readers? Or is God's word just perfect in 17th century English and everyone else doomed if they weren't enlightened enough (or lucky enough to live post-1604) to read it in the original English? If I can read the original Hebrew and Greek texts, is that okay, or would I be just as guilty of reading false scripture as if I read another translation? What if I take the KJV and make the language user-friendly? Is that heresy or something?

Most of the current versions of the bible were translated from ancient Greek texts and not the dead sea scrolls.

Over time the bible has changed into mans word vs the word of God..

I've brought this question up, but never gotten a satisfactory answer: what happens to someone who doesn't read Jacobean English? Are other translations acceptable in God's eyes for non-English readers? Or is God's word just perfect in 17th century English and everyone else doomed if they weren't enlightened enough (or lucky enough to live post-1604) to read it in the original English? If I can read the original Hebrew and Greek texts, is that okay, or would I be just as guilty of reading false scripture as if I read another translation? What if I take the KJV and make the language user-friendly? Is that heresy or something?

Baptist Bible Translators Institute - Why the King James Version

A lot of things are left out in other versions.

Like the Songs of Solomon?

Not a problem. The King James Version bible is available in Spanish and other languages, Steven. As you are able to read English you should be reading the King James Version Bible. I will tell you this, you can't judge a book by its cover but you most certainly can judge a book by its enemies and no other book on earth has the enemies that the King James Version Bible has. Why is that? Because no other book has brought salvation to millions of souls, no other book has delivered millions from demonic possession and given the multitudes who believed on the Word for healing, no other book has brought the good news of healing, deliverance, salvation, victory over the devil as the King James Version bible. And that is why it is the most hated book on earth by those who hate God. They fear the King James Bible. As I said, the KJV bible is available in other languages. Problem solved.

Spanish Bible

At the KJV Store, we realize that most people are searching for spiritual information. Reading the Bible in one's native tongue is the easiest way to fully comprehend its meaning. Bible study, after all, shouldn't be a chore. For Spanish speakers, The KJV Store offers many choices in both Spanish and bilingual editions.

Yes, there are many acceptable translations. The homo one, where they simply removed the bits they don't agree with, isn't one of them.

There are up to 30,000 changes in the various translations of the Bible with the exception of just one. The only one that is unchanged - the only one which does not have any scriptures removed from it - added to it - words changed - is the King James Version Bible. Which is why the enemies of God are working hard to drive it out of print.

Yes, there are many acceptable translations. The homo one, where they simply removed the bits they don't agree with, isn't one of them.

The King James Version bible is the only acceptable bible to use for Christians and non Christians. The other translations have been altered, many scriptures have been totally removed - others changed so radically you cannot even recognize it as the Word of God.

If you can read modern day English you can also read Jacobean English.
A comparison of the fonts University of Leicester

James gave the translators instructions intended to guarantee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology and reflect the episcopal structure of the Church of England and its belief in an ordained clergy. The translation was done by 47 scholars, all of whom were members of the Church of England.

However, in 1534 King Henry VIII declared himself to be head of the Church of England.

If you can read modern day English you can also read Jacobean English.
A comparison of the fonts University of Leicester

Peach, I believe Steven R. knows full well that he is able to read the KJV Bible- if children can read it and understand it? So can a grown man - especially one as intelligent as Steven_R is. The truth is that many times when a person is asking a question (some say up to 80% of the time) they are making a statement in disguise.

I'm not surprised to see who is an enemy of the KJV Bible. No other Bible has been more effective!

There are up to 30,000 changes in the various translations of the Bible with the exception of just one. The only one that is unchanged - the only one which does not have any scriptures removed from it - added to it - words changed - is the King James Version Bible. Which is why the enemies of God are working hard to drive it out of print.

Wrong. Here are some of the changes that have been done to the King James Version. Some are minor, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Changes in the King James version

Wrong. Here are some of the changes that have been done to the King James Version. Some are minor, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Actually, what you have posted is a lie - the link you have posted is the excuse of so called scholars who took the liberty of removing dozens upon dozens of scriptures from the NIV and other translations. It's all a lie. You are on dangerous ground when you move away from the KJV and embrace these other books.

Actually, what you have posted is a lie - the link you have posted is the excuse of so called scholars who took the liberty of removing dozens upon dozens of scriptures from the NIV and other translations. It's all a lie. You are on dangerous ground when you move away from the KJV and embrace these other books.

OK. I'll give you a shot to prove your accusation. Other than your claim, why should I believe it is all a lie? Proof?

OK. I'll give you a shot to prove your accusation. Other than your claim, why should I believe it is all a lie? Proof?

Certainly! Here is the evidence. Listen to this video and then you'll know why these new age bible versions are being created to deceive the people. You can trust the King James Version bible as being the pure Word of God.

ONLY ONE BIBLE WILL PRODUCE BIBLICAL SCHOLARSHIP

Only the real Bible will produce Biblical Scholarship--the Authorized (King James) Version of the Holy Scriptures. No other Bible version will work in Biblical Scholarship because the modern versions, written by modern deceived man, are not the word of God. Those so-called "archaic" words found in the Authorized Version are not archaic; they can be found in every domain today--if you are looking

Philippians 2:6 Butchered

Philippians 2:6 is perhaps the most tragic and damning of all the corruptions in the NIV, which states...
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Ladies and gentlemen, that is a lie of the Devil. Here is what the precious King James Bible says...
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Which statement is correct? They say exactly the OPPOSITE of each other. Either Jesus didn't consider it robbery to be equal with God the Father, or else He couldn't grasp such a thing, but both statements CANNOT be true.

John 10:30 settles the matter... "I and my Father are one." Jesus is EQUAL with God the Father. We are told in Isaiah 9:6... "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Amen! Jesus is called THE EVERLASTING FATHER!!!

Woe Unto the Publishers of the NIV

The NIV is corrupt. Every mention of someone "worshipping" Jesus has been reduced to a mere "knelt," as in Matthew 8:2. The very name above every other name, JESUS, has been completely removed from the NIV in 38 places. Why pray tell me? Someone sure loves the Devil and wanted to make a bible that diminishes Jesus Christ in every way. The word "Godhead" is gone completely from the NIV, thus obliterating the Trinity.

The NIV goes easy on homosexuals, attacks Jesus, perverts the Scriptures and removes all of the following words:
Regeneration, mercyseat, Calvary, remission, Jehovah, immutable, omnipotent, Comforter, Holy Ghost, Messiah, quickened, infallible, begotten, sodomite, fornication, trucebreakers, winebibbers, carnal, slothful, unthankful, effeminate, backbiting, vanity, lasciviousness, whoredom, devils, Lucifer, damnation, brimstone, and the bottomless pit.

Why would any pastor use and promote a bible that was influenced by homosexuals? I say this kindly. I do not hate anyone. God loves homosexuals as much as anybody else, and Jesus died for their sins too. But we're talking about God's holy Word, which must not be altered or diminished in any way to appease the critics. Romans 1:25 tells us that Satan would corrupt the Bible. Romans 1:25 in the King James Bible states...

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie...
Romans 1:25 in the New International Version states...

25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie...
Notice the subtle, but self-incriminating, alteration the NIV translators made to the Bible by replacing the word "changed" with the word "exchanged." The Bible doesn't say that the wicked exchanged the truth for a lie. No, rather, God says that they CHANGED the truth into a lie, which is exactly what the NIV translators have done.

I receive letters from people all the time, quoting me Scriptures in an attempt to justify divorce, witchcraft, Rock 'n' Roll in the church, feminism, women preachers, ecumenism and all sorts of other sins. Why do people always try to find justification in the Scriptures for their sins? Do you know why? It's because they don't want to feel guilty, so they look for excuses to justify what they've already decided to do. People don't do what they do for any particular reason. They do what they do because it's what they wanted to do, and then they look for reasons to justify the decision they've already made.

Thankfully, God's Word is UNCHANGEABLE in Heaven. Jesus said in John 10:35, "...the scripture cannot be broken.

Last edited:

that's laughable.

Forum List

Back