Question about DVD players

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
I have DVR capability with Dish Network, which is a great way to record television programs for future viewing, but occasionally I wish I could save some of the best programs to pass along to others. Since VCRs have all but become obsolete, can I buy a DVD that will RECORD programs off television the same way I could record on cassettes with a VCR?

I took a quick look at WalMart's DVD offerings the other day, but they're all players only. Also, looking through flyers, I don't see any that specifically advertise combo DVDs that play and record onto disks. The combos advertised use VCR cassettes for recording, and DVD for playing only. Doesn't that technology exist? Are they not advertised because the cost is prohibitive? If so, how much are we talking about?

Anyone with some answers off the top of your heads will save me time involved in scouring the Internet for answers, and save me the embarrassment of asking dumb questions of electronics salespeople. :redface:

Whatever you do, insofar as DVD/DVR/VHS equipment is concerned, don't go cheap.

Skip Wallyworld and go to a reputable electronics dealer...They'll steer you in the direction of the best performing stuff.

A "deal" that craps out in 2 years isn't anywhere near the value of a quality component that costs more.

Whatever you do, insofar as DVD/DVR/VHS equipment is concerned, don't go cheap.

Skip Wallyworld and go to a reputable electronics dealer...They'll steer you in the direction of the best performing stuff.

A "deal" that craps out in 2 years isn't anywhere near the value of a quality component that costs more.

I don't buy anything like that at WM, but I was just looking to get an idea of the price range and couldn't even find anything except a DVD player, which I don't want. If I just want to play DVDs, I'll use my computer.

Don´t buy samsung or panasonic.

As soon as the warranty runs out, the thing breaks down anyway how often you´ve used it. And then they can´t repair it because the replacement parts aren´t produced anymore.

this lesson cost me around 700$. Well samsung/panasonic managers, say thank you to your McKinsey consultants. Maybe you made once a big profit on me by selling me this piece of sh+t. But you have lost more then one customer. I warn everybody to buy your products.

We call this here a "Milk Maid Calculation". Stupid Bastards. Parasites.

Forum List

Back