Queen approves UK government request to suspend parliament for brexit

The term ‘representative democracy’ does not capture the nature of the system of governance that has evolved across most of Europe over the past century. A more accurate term would be ‘constrained democracy’. This term captures well how the public and sometimes even parliamentarians are kept at a distance from decision-making.

Of course, as the Brexit vote showed, a large section of the British public has come to recognise that the EU acts as an important constraint on democracy. But the story of constrained democracy is more complicated and long-running than many realise. For example, the way in which ‘independent’ central banks curb democratic accountability is rarely examined. They are seen as part of an economic story rather than a political one. Yet their ‘independence’ means precisely that powerful economic institutions are shielded from democratic control. This applies at a national level (think of the Bank of England), and even more so at a supra-national level, with the European Central Bank (ECB).

The strangling of European democracy

I will never understand why the Brits work so hard and so effective to destroy the own country. Even the Queen is now involved in damaging Great Britain. I asked myselve yesterday, what will happen, if Great Britain will make a new application for a membership in the EU - I guess this would be the real shock meanwhile for all European nations. And by the way: Has Britain nothing else to do any longer than to discuss about the Brexit? Is any other question of politics still existing in Great Britain?

Its an act of self harm.

Of what`?

People have been deluded into thinking it will be ok. Meanwhile most of us are buying tins and toilet rolls.
I will never understand why the Brits work so hard and so effective to destroy the own country. Even the Queen is now involved in damaging Great Britain. I asked myselve yesterday what would hapeen if Great Britain would make a new application for a membership in the EU - I guess this would be the real shock meanwhile for all European nations.

The EU does a good job of destroying countries. Greece, for instance.

What a nonsense. Greece was - and hopefully is not any longer - the problem of Greece.

Have you ever heard of sovereignty?

As far as I heard the politicians of England had created the myth the EU was always making everything wrong, while the politicians in Great Britain were always doing everything well.The fristbtie the sot brits lenjaed somhtgin abouttheEU was after the Brexit.

I fear you did not realize that the English empire is dead. You future is perhaps only to be a colony of the USA

The EU is a trading block.

The EU is first of all a peace project.

Or supposed to be. Not a superstate, as Germany and France want it to be.

What you call "superstate" I call "The European Union needs more democracy". An example how democracy was vioeietaed is what Macron had done when he had "elected" against the European parliament Usrula von der Leyen (Northj of Germany) instead to support the candidate with the most votes Manfred Weber (South of Germany).

And now fights England against parliamenraeims too. Very strange. I don't know what's wrong in the world - but I hate it very mach when politicians fight against parliaments and democracy.

Germany lured Greece into membership with broken promises, and loans that could not be repaid.

What a nonsnense. Greece was just simple a liar. It never fulfilled the criteria for the curtrency "Euro". And nt to foegt intheoi coinetxt. In average someone from Greece has two times richdom of a German.

The USA is a colony of ours. Had you forgotten? :cheers2:

I spoke not about the past. I spoke indirectly about Prussia - a kind of "England II" within Germany. When it had conquered other German countries it made them to "colonies of Prussia". When it fbnally overtook Germany in 1870 it started to have colonies in Africa too and made the same nonsense as other European nations made too.

By the way: For me the Brexit was a very strange manipulation of England. Lots of citizens of Great Britain, who lived outside of Great Britain, were not entitled to vote. When I counted them too then it were only 100,000 votes for this fateful step into a new future. Such a result ~50:~50 is in my eyes not a decision - this is in my eyes an indicator for "no one knows what's the best to do". Once a coin felt out of my hand to the floor and it stood at the outer ring and did not fall to any of the both sides. That's what you decided with the Brexit vote: You dont know. And now you don't know very loud since a very long time. And even when it will happen then will only happen something where from no one is really convinced.

I know nothing. :113:

This sentence seems to amuse you. On the other side: Is it really amusing that the exchange in Frankfurt was on the way to move to London, because the multi-cultural life in London was the much more interesting place for financial transactions? Bankers prefered to live in colorful London (amusement) instead to live in boring Frankfurt (hard work). Then came the Brexit and now it looks like accounts from London will move to Frankfurt in the size of much more than 1000 billion dollar. A similiar problem exists with the car industry too. Very short: The car industry in GB will die, I read, when the EU is not any longer the background market for the many companies of foreigners, who still produce in GB. ... Amusing? ... Do you really think in such times full of self-made problems it is wise to close parliaments?

Last edited:

A wonderful voice and melody - a good form of poetry - and nevertheless a totally stupid song. Sure Britannnia rules the "fuck offs". But this said only the old Brits and not the young Brits. And everyone knows that the Brexit was manipulated in many ways and the brains of the voters were overflowed with nonsense and fakes.

In the moment I would say tries your British Boris to make the Brexit to a scenario, where Great Britain tries to break in an irreversible way all bridges to the European Union for all and every time of all thinkable futures. If I compare this strange behavior with a human being, then it looks like GB tries to do a so called extended suicide. That's a suicide, where a man murders his wife and the own children, because he is convinced they are not able to live without him, before he is doing suicide on his own.

Last edited:

A wonderful voice and melody - nevertheless a totally stupid song. Sure Britannnia rules the "fuck offs" to all Europeans. But this said only the old Brits and not the young Brits. And everyone knows that the Brexit was manipulated in many ways and the brains of the voters were overflowed with nonsense and fakes.

Ad nauseum.

A wonderful voice and melody - nevertheless a totally stupid song. Sure Britannnia rules the "fuck offs" to all Europeans. But this said only the old Brits and not the young Brits. And everyone knows that the Brexit was manipulated in many ways and the brains of the voters were overflowed with nonsense and fakes.

Ad nauseum.

Ad infinitum. But the Brexit will come. That's inevitable. Otherwise Great Britain will have the feeling of a lost chance. But that you kill your own country the same time is another problem.

Last edited:

Ad nauseum.

Ad infinitum. But the Brexit will come. That's inevitable. Otherwise Great Britain will have the feeling of a lost chance. But that you kill your own country the same time is another problem.

Has it ever occurred to you that the whole monolith might collapse?

Under the weight of its own over ambitious bureaucracy?

Ad nauseum.

No. When Europe will fall it will fall onto the own feet. But why tries Great Britain to do an extended suicide and tries to kill the own traditions - while during the same time it prepares to do suicide? What's wrong with your psychopathological country? More than 3 years now incubation time. For what? Are you pregnant and do you expect a new baby? Or did you just simple forget to do something against your own tapeworms?

Last edited:

Ad nauseum.

No. Why tries Great Britain to do an extended suicide and tries to kill the own tradtions - during the same time it prepapres to do suicide? What's wrong with your psychopathological country? Nearly 3 years now incubation time. For what? Are you pregnant and do you expect a new baby? Or did you just simple forget to do something against tapeworms?

We'll never get rid of our traditions.

Cricket forever.

I will never understand why the Brits work so hard and so effective to destroy the own country. Even the Queen is now involved in damaging Great Britain. I asked myselve yesterday, what will happen, if Great Britain will make a new application for a membership in the EU - I guess this would be the real shock meanwhile for all European nations. And by the way: Has Britain nothing else to do any longer than to discuss about the Brexit? Is any other question of politics still existing in Great Britain?

Its an act of self harm.

Of what`?

People have been deluded into thinking it will be ok. Meanwhile most of us are buying tins and toilet rolls.
The EU does a good job of destroying countries. Greece, for instance.

What a nonsense. Greece was - and hopefully is not any longer - the problem of Greece.

Have you ever heard of sovereignty?

As far as I heard the politicians of England had created the myth the EU was always making everything wrong, while the politicians in Great Britain were always doing everything well.The fristbtie the sot brits lenjaed somhtgin abouttheEU was after the Brexit.

I fear you did not realize that the English empire is dead. You future is perhaps only to be a colony of the USA

What you call "superstate" I call "The European Union needs more democracy". An example how democracy was vioeietaed is what Macron had done when he had "elected" against the European parliament Usrula von der Leyen (Northj of Germany) instead to support the candidate with the most votes Manfred Weber (South of Germany).

And now fights England against parliamenraeims too. Very strange. I don't know what's wrong in the world - but I hate it very mach when politicians fight against parliaments and democracy.

Germany lured Greece into membership with broken promises, and loans that could not be repaid.

What a nonsnense. Greece was just simple a liar. It never fulfilled the criteria for the curtrency "Euro". And nt to foegt intheoi coinetxt. In average someone from Greece has two times richdom of a German.

I spoke not about the past. I spoke indirectly about Prussia - a kind of "England II" within Germany. When it had conquered other German countries it made them to "colonies of Prussia". When it fbnally overtook Germany in 1870 it started to have colonies in Africa too and made the same nonsense as other European nations made too.

By the way: For me the Brexit was a very strange manipulation of England. Lots of citizens of Great Britain, who lived outside of Great Britain, were not entitled to vote. When I counted them too then it were only 100,000 votes for this fateful step into a new future. Such a result ~50:~50 is in my eyes not a decision - this is in my eyes an indicator for "no one knows what's the best to do". Once a coin felt out of my hand to the floor and it stood at the outer ring and did not fall to any of the both sides. That's what you decided with the Brexit vote: You dont know. And now you don't know very loud since a very long time. And even when it will happen then will only happen something where from no one is really convinced.

This sentence seems to amuse you. On the other side: Is it really amusing that the exchange in Frankfurt was on the way to move to London, because the multi-cultural life in London was the much more interesting place for financial transactions? Bankers prefered to live in colorful London (amusement) instead to live in boring Frankfurt (hard work). Then came the Brexit and now it looks like accounts from London will move to Frankfurt in the size of much more than 1000 billion dollar. A similiar problem exists with the car industry too. Very short: The car industry in GB will die, I read, when the EU is not any longer the background market for the many companies of foreigners, who still produce in GB. ... Amusing? ... Do you really think in such times full of self-made problems it is wise to close parliaments?

Only for four days!

Its an act of self harm.

Of what`?

Only for four days!

For what? 4 days? You are not a Brit - you are an US-American, isn't it? The way to discuss by intentionally ignoring all relevant facts is meanwhile typical for US-Americans.

Last edited:
Its an act of self harm.

Of what`?

Only for four days!

For what? 4 days? You are not a Brit - you are an US-American, isn't it? The way to discuss by intentionally ignoring all relevant facts is meanwhile typical for US-Americans.

You sure about that?

FB-Phoenix-Rising-from-the-Ashes.jpg

I find it amusing that so many Brits want to wear The EU's iron collar. To be forced to kneel to Frogs. To surrender to Germany after fighting so hard to avoid that in World War II.

Maybe it IS time to walk away from NATO and sever all ties.

Ah well, Britain surrendered easily to Rome back when I was a kid so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

From The Daily Telegraph:

Argentina is Christine Lagarde's latest disaster - next up Europe.

TELEMMGLPICT000202611911_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

Just how many economies does Christine Lagarde have to ruin before the penny finally drops? The woman who bequeathed to France a ruinous budget deficit, and who presided over the policies that inflicted the worst recession ever recorded on Greece, now looks set to rack up the worst losses in the history of the International Monetary Fund. The bailout of Argentina was meant to be the crowning achievement of her career, but instead the country has plunged into chaos, and will almost certainly have to default on the billions the fund has lent it.

Of what`?

Only for four days!

You sure about that?

So you like to burn down Great Britain, because you hope out of the fire of the burning ashes of Great Britain will arise a new Empire. Fine. But what about the Brits, who don't like to be burned down to ashes? You give them not even a possiblity to win this bet against you.

Only for four days!

You sure about that?

So you like to burn down Great Britain, because you hope out of the fire of the burning ashes of Great Britain will arise a new Empire. Fine. But what about the Brits, who don't like to be burned down to ashes? You give them not even a possiblity to win this bet against you.

We're done.

I find it amusing that so many Brits want to wear The EU's iron collar. To be forced to kneel to Frogs. To surrender to Germany after fighting so hard to avoid that in World War II.

Only because I am a curios German: What do you call "to surrender to Germany" in this context? Shall we send soldiers to London, arrest your Queen and install your parliament again - while British soldiers in Berlin try to arrest Mrs. Merkel and fight against the parliament?

Maybe it IS time to walk away from NATO and sever all ties.

Sure Boris.

Ah well, Britain surrendered easily to Rome back when I was a kid so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

When I translate this sentence into my own languages then only bullshit comes out. So either it is a joke, which I do not understand, because I am a German and without any form of humor - or you had indeed problems with Rome when you was a kid. Water fleas?

Last edited:

Only for four days!

You sure about that?

We're done.

You have absolutelly not any mindful argument with plausibility in sense of the philosophy of the enlightenment. To be a blind dreamer is perhaps not the best way to make decisions, which affect the life of hundreds of millions of people.

By the way: The first god, who came out of the Chaos (and modified it) was Eros - the god of heavenly love.

Last edited:
Only for four days!

You sure about that?

We're done.

You have absoliutellynoit nany arageitn with plausibility in sense of the philosophy of the enlightenment. To be a blind dreamer is perhais not the ebst way to make decisions, which affect the life of hundreds of millions of people.

If you are a German, you are a blind dreamer. It's always been that way.

Forum List

Back