Pvt. Bradley Manning: Cool | Fool | Tool

How do you see Pvt. Manning. a tool, a fool, cool, or a combination of these?

Sitting at the defence bench in a hushed courtroom, Manning said he was sickened by the apparent "bloodlust" of a helicopter crew involved in an attack on a group in Baghdad that turned out to include Reuters correspondents and children.

Manning said: "We were obsessed with capturing and killing human targets on lists and ignoring goals and missions. I believed if the public, particularly the American public, could see this it could spark a debate on the military and our foreign policy in general [that] might cause society to reconsider the need to engage in counter-terrorism while ignoring the human situation of the people we engaged with every day."

I don't agree with what he did. But I also think he should have been released when he requested it. My understanding is he had friends who were let out of the military and he wanted out, he wanted to get a sex change operation and talked about feeling disconnected.

It seems to me nobody really listened to him and he acted out. :dunno:

that's all true, but he plead guilty to some of the charges relating to his breaking his sworn oaths.

He is disturbed on some level and it is sad, but...he knew better. He is a military brat

He had issues, my point is the military knew it, I don't know why they chose to ignore it and put him in a position to be privy to information that was sensitive.

I already stated I don't agree with what he did.

I don't agree with what he did. But I also think he should have been released when he requested it. My understanding is he had friends who were let out of the military and he wanted out, he wanted to get a sex change operation and talked about feeling disconnected.

that's all true, but he plead guilty to some of the charges relating to his breaking his sworn oaths.

He is disturbed on some level and it is sad, but...he knew better. He is a military brat

He had issues, my point is the military knew it, I don't know why they chose to ignore it and put him in a position to be privy to information that was sensitive.

He wasn't privy to all the info in the way most people imagine. It had to do with his security clearance and how the systems were set up and how the databases were shared across systems. It gets a little involved.

Manning was held in his job because some people thought they needed him. Not enough qualified people signing up...they all hang out on message boards

Was it his whole he would "gladly take your life" nonsense he spewed at you that tipped you off or his everything is the black mans fault schtick.:cool:

I never said I would take anyone's life you lyng sack of crap.

You implied it, by stating you would gladly accept him laying his life down for the country.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/272324-the-divided-states-of-america-3.html

That may be what you infered, but it's NOT what I said, ergo, you are a lying sack of crap.

[

You obviously have no knowledge of the situation in Lebanon in the late 70's early 80's, it was a civil war douche. The Natiion's govt was dominated by pro-western Christians, which the muslims hated, and the foriegners that were running around burning farms, raping woman and murdering people where the arabs mistakenly called palistinians who flooded into Lebanon and their pan arabist allies and yeah, I did answer you, look to the above in red.

Here's the problem.,Besides the fact that I was referring to Vietnam. If you are talking about the foolishiness in Lebanon, I really don't know what to say.

Christians were the minority in Lebanon. We were essentially supporting an apartheid government.

We really had no business being in there.

Really? You were talking about Vietnam? I posted this; "Actaully I DID sign up for the military and was present for some of the most intense fighting since the Vietnam war up till then, including seeing the bodies and body parts, at least those bodies and parts that weren't vaporized, of 220 of my brother Marines killed by fanatics stuffed into body bags" You responded with, ""fanatics". You mean people who didn't want foriengers on their land burning their farms and violating their women? " So you're saying you don't even have the reading comprehension abilities of a dimwitted 5th grader? As for the rest of your nonsense, it's now even more obvious that you don't know anything about the situation in Lebanon in the 70's and 80's or even before that. Lebanon was one of the leading centers of Christianity going back to the days of Roman rule, it was invaded and conquered by the muslims you dumbass. At their independence in 1943 they ruled by a system of govt where the power was shared based upon religious communities. This wasn't enough for the muslim scum, certainly not after hundreds of thousands of palistinian arabs swarmed into Lebanon. Before the scum started the murderous civil war, Beirut was know as the Paris of the Middle east, and was a bastion of financial stability, trade and tourism. So save me the apartheid crap, you haven't a clue what you're speaking about. I always wonder why so many dumbasses on this board have no shame when it comes to offering authoratative statements on subjects they don't know a damn thing about.

alert: jtpr is a fraud

Nope, but you're an idiot and an a-hole that's for sure. Here's some advice dumbass, don't count on wikipedia for your facts, any dumbass, like you for instance, can edit.

Wikipedia-the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

Really? Next time try countering a fact instead of regurgitating shit.

You are a fraud

I did scumbag. Obviously you're an idiot.

[

You obviously have no knowledge of the situation in Lebanon in the late 70's early 80's, it was a civil war douche. The Natiion's govt was dominated by pro-western Christians, which the muslims hated, and the foriegners that were running around burning farms, raping woman and murdering people where the arabs mistakenly called palistinians who flooded into Lebanon and their pan arabist allies and yeah, I did answer you, look to the above in red.

Here's the problem.,Besides the fact that I was referring to Vietnam. If you are talking about the foolishiness in Lebanon, I really don't know what to say.

Christians were the minority in Lebanon. We were essentially supporting an apartheid government.

We really had no business being in there.

Chritians were not a minority until so many Palestinians were driven into that country that they became a minority.

You are a fraud

I did scumbag. Obviously you're an idiot.

Sean Linnane: HOW TO SPOT A FAKE VETERAN

jtpr312, How to spot a dumbass: they get their history lessons from wikipedia, they get their opinions on everything else from internet bloggers. Run along scumbag, I got nothing to prove to anyone here, especiallly to a dumbass like you. It is what it is, and if you actually knew what you were talking about, you would know there was plenty of fighting in Beirut, and furthermore, all it takes is getting shot at once, or be on the recieving end of an artillery barrage once for that to be considered intense. As for being a fraud, that would be you nancy, because we both know you would not insult my honor to my face, but feel real comfortable sitting in your parent's basement playing tough guy on your mommy's computer.

Manning is a fool one I have no sympathy for I don't care how upsetting he found the sight of real war and the horrors that go with it that does not give a private the right or the authority to do what he did any amount of jail time he gets won't be enough in my opinion.

So you are okay with the Army and the government lying to us about what we are doing over there?

If Manning gave classified information to the enemy that helped them tactically, I'd be all for hanging him.

But what he gave up was information the government is hiding from US, the taxpayers.

If Manning leaked information that was of material value to the enemy, then he is guilty of espinoge. No doubt. No one seems to actually be claiming that.
Actually they are claiming that. Whether they are correct is certainly open to debate, but the case against Manning definitely involves charges that information he released was sensitive and of material value to the enemy.

Just a question; is it possible to be 'giving aid and comfort in time of war' when Congress has not declared war?
Interesting point.

I believe if a US serviceman somehow told China that the US Marines were planning a landing at Inchon in Sep 1950 I would definitely consider it giving aid to the enemy in a time of war, despite no war having been declared in Korea. If a US serviceman gave information on sorties to be flown by US F-18s over Kosovo in 1999 to the Serbian air defenses I'd think that would qualify as well, despite no declaration of war.

When he looked through the video on a secure military database he was also troubled by the attitude of the aerial weapons team in the Apache – "the bloodlust they seemed to have, they seemed not to value human life". The soldier related that in the video a man who has been hit by the US forces is seen crawling injured through the dust, at which point one of the helicopter crew is heard wishing the man would pick up a weapon so that they could kill him. "For me that was like a child torturing an ant with a magnifying glass."

Is blood lust over the value of human life an American value?

On all the evidence, yes. Bradley's only mistake was going to America. Let him come home. People put on plays about him here.

Manning is a fool one I have no sympathy for I don't care how upsetting he found the sight of real war and the horrors that go with it that does not give a private the right or the authority to do what he did any amount of jail time he gets won't be enough in my opinion.

So you are okay with the Army and the government lying to us about what we are doing over there?

If Manning gave classified information to the enemy that helped them tactically, I'd be all for hanging him.

But what he gave up was information the government is hiding from US, the taxpayers.

First spare me the lying talking points second as I pointed what information gets released was not Manning's decision to make but since he choose to do this emphasis on choose he can dam well suffer the consequences of that decision.

I never said I would take anyone's life you lyng sack of crap.

You implied it, by stating you would gladly accept him laying his life down for the country.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/272324-the-divided-states-of-america-3.html

That may be what you infered, but it's NOT what I said, ergo, you are a lying sack of crap.

Intent matters

But It's all with a grain of salt like I said not worried a bit:cool:

alert: jtpr is a fraud

Nope, but you're an idiot and an a-hole that's for sure. Here's some advice dumbass, don't count on wikipedia for your facts, any dumbass, like you for instance, can edit.

You are a fraud

Reliability as a source in other contexts

Although Wikipedia is stated not to be a primary source, it has been used as evidence in legal cases. In January 2007, The New York Times reported that U.S. courts vary in their treatment of Wikipedia as a source of information, with over 100 judicial rulings having relied on the encyclopedia, including those involving taxes, narcotics, and civil issues such as personal injury and matrimonial issues.

Broad opinions

Several commentators have drawn a middle ground, asserting that the project contains much valuable knowledge and has some reliability, even if the degree is not yet assessed with certainty. Many of the librarian and academic reviewers of Wikipedia cited above take such a view.

Reliability of Wikipedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He wasn't privy to all the info in the way most people imagine. It had to do with his security clearance and how the systems were set up and how the databases were shared across systems. It gets a little involved.

Manning was held in his job because some people thought they needed him. Not enough qualified people signing up...they all hang out on message boards

He knew better and he is getting punished.

The information he leaked was a breach, his willingness to betray our country over job dis-satisfaction and personal issues is troubling.

But he is young and I have a hard time believing they couldn't find anyone better with the same qualifications.

It's as if they did pluck him from a message board and made him join reluctantly (sarcasm alert)

How do you see Pvt. Manning. a tool, a fool, cool, or a combination of these?

Sitting at the defence bench in a hushed courtroom, Manning said he was sickened by the apparent "bloodlust" of a helicopter crew involved in an attack on a group in Baghdad that turned out to include Reuters correspondents and children.

Manning said: "We were obsessed with capturing and killing human targets on lists and ignoring goals and missions. I believed if the public, particularly the American public, could see this it could spark a debate on the military and our foreign policy in general [that] might cause society to reconsider the need to engage in counter-terrorism while ignoring the human situation of the people we engaged with every day."

Sworn oaths are forbidden to Christians, as you know. He is one of the very few sane people in the military, that's for sure. Let him come home.

And by the way, who is this 'enemy' people rant about? With which state are you currently at war? You are just murdering people you decide to murder, like Hitler.

Last edited:

First spare me the lying talking points second as I pointed what information gets released was not Manning's decision to make but since he choose to do this emphasis on choose he can dam well suffer the consequences of that decision.

Quite the contrary, there is a major difference between a spy and a whistleblower.

I don't care that manning let us know that our army was recklessly shooting civilians, I want to know why the Army was recklessly shooting civilians and why they were covering it up instead of holding the people responsible to account.

By your logic, the people who exposed Mai Lai or the abuses at Abu Grahib should be courtmartialled instead of the people who committed the offenses.

You are a fraud

Reliability as a source in other contexts

Although Wikipedia is stated not to be a primary source, it has been used as evidence in legal cases. In January 2007, The New York Times reported that U.S. courts vary in their treatment of Wikipedia as a source of information, with over 100 judicial rulings having relied on the encyclopedia, including those involving taxes, narcotics, and civil issues such as personal injury and matrimonial issues.

Broad opinions

Several commentators have drawn a middle ground, asserting that the project contains much valuable knowledge and has some reliability, even if the degree is not yet assessed with certainty. Many of the librarian and academic reviewers of Wikipedia cited above take such a view.

Reliability of Wikipedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well according to the numbnut's claim, his wikipedia source said there was no fighting by US Marines in Lebanon/Beirut in the early 80's. According to official USMC records, DOD records, US/worldwide News Reports, first hand accounts, stories of Marines wounded there who are still alive and the sorrow of the families who lost Marines there, there WAS fighting there and not just a truck bomb, but fighting involving small arms, artillery exchanges, sniper incidents, and on at least one occassion Naval Gunfire called in, so as a source for this particular topic, it's worthless.

Intent matters

But It's all with a grain of salt like I said not worried a bit:cool:

No intent to take his life can be infered by the statement I made.

Forum List

Back