Putting ideology above country

Do you know what 'begging the question' means?

Why won't GasBag name the law? It's got a name and number and yet he blathers on......and won't nail it.

Name what law? Are you hearing voices again? That is another symptom of font abuse.

Your tap shoes are wearing thin.

Shame that people know your M.O. before you even do it. Then you still do it because you don't know how to change

That charge gets thrown around a lot, so lets see if it actually applies to someone that, in theory, has the power to make a real difference, if he wants to. A single person in the government that, if he wanted to lead by example, and show a real spirit of compromise, could have ended the debate over the shut down and the debt ceiling long before it reached crisis mode.

What is it that Republicans insisted on? I know the whackadoodles on the left say they wanted to rewrite an existing law, but everyone knows there is nothing legitimate about that complaint. (Anyone who doesn't actually have a brain is free to jump in and explain why negotiating on laws, something that has gone on for 237 years, is suddenly unprecedented and actually worse than the Holocaust, just don't expect me to pay attention.) Basically, they wanted Obama to treat individuals exactly the same way he treats big business. He deleyed the mandate for big business, why not delay it for individuals? After all, we know that Obama is all about the little guy.

The answer to that is pretty simple, big insurance wouldn't stand for it. If they can't force everyone who is healthy to buy insurance, even if they can't afford it, there is no way they can stay in business. Some of the wheeling and dealing that went on recognized this, and at least one of the proposals floated would have compensated insurance companies for the lost revenues from delaying Obamacare a year, and got the money back by tacking an extra year on the tax at the back end. Obama wasn't even willing to accept that compromise. Why not?

Because, ultimately, he thinks he is right. It doesn't matter that everyone from Wolf Blitzer to the guy who wrote the fucking law thinks it needs to be delayed. It doesn't matter that the website sucks so much that traffic to the site is dropping off like the Mount Thor. It doesn't matter that the law is a complete debacle, all that matters to Obama is that he is right. He is willing to put his belief in Obamacare, his ideology, above the good of the country. He told the entire world that, unless Republicans gave into his childish demand, he would take the country into default.

Then he blamed the other guy, just like every spoiled brat in history.

You do not "negotiate a law" by refusing to pass a CR and holding the country hostage. The GOP does not want to improve the ACA. They want to kill it. They have said as much. They know that if the ACA succeeds, they are cooked. When actually they are cooked anyway...:badgrin:

Let me get this straight, you think Obama was wrong in 2011. Or are you just blathering because you think this has never happened before?

Why won't GasBag name the law? It's got a name and number and yet he blathers on......and won't nail it.

Name what law? Are you hearing voices again? That is another symptom of font abuse.

Your tap shoes are wearing thin.

Shame that people know your M.O. before you even do it. Then you still do it because you don't know how to change

Nobody asked me about a law in that post, which is why he is stupid for asking, and you are even dumber for defending him.

I know I know, everyone is stupid...What law?

Who are you?
Where am I?
What is that?
I don't remember etc etc blah blah

I know I know, everyone is stupid...What law?

Who are you?
Where am I?
What is that?
I don't remember etc etc blah blah

Fine, feel free to go back through the post tree where I was asked about a law and show me which law he is asking about.

If you prefer, you can pretend you are smarter than I am.

Forum List

Back