Putin: USA is "Parasite" on Global Economy

Annd...European Governments (with the exception of Germany - the one sane government on the planet) - doesn't have a lot of room to criticize America either when it comes to economics.
European banks have made copious cash over the past 30 years investing in American investment vehicles, and from direct cash layouts from our treasury...not to mention financing the U.N.

No doubt we got ourselves in a pickle...but we are far from alone in our bad decision processes.

Annd...European Governments (with the exception of Germany - the one sane government on the planet) - doesn't have a lot of room to criticize America either when it comes to economics.
European banks have made copious cash over the past 30 years investing in American investment vehicles, and from direct cash layouts from our treasury...not to mention financing the U.N.

No doubt we got ourselves in a pickle...but we are far from alone in our bad decision processes.

We are the USA.
We will always stand out in a crowd.

The more they criticize us, the more the hate us...the more they are saying they are jealous of us.

Enough said.

Major Wall Street Banks are Planning Huge Layoffs

10 Signs That Wall Street Is About To Go Into Panic Mode.

A "negative feedback loop" has "taken control" on Wall Street meaning that bad economic news is creating an "environment of pessimism" which creates even more bad economic news, etc. etc.

10 Signs That Wall Street Is About To Go Into Panic Mode

Yes.

And that's not from Panic..it's from greed.

Wall Street has been bleeding jobs for the last 11 years.

News Headlines

Coming from Putin this means nothing.
The world has benefited from America for decades in almost every way imaginable.
All Putin is doing is once again throwing in the comment that the dollar shouldn't be the global currency...at best all he is doing is jerking himself off.

Yep the world should be grateful that we have killed so many of them.

The world has benefited from America for decades in almost every way imaginable.
All Putin is doing is once again throwing in the comment that the dollar shouldn't be the global currency...at best all he is doing is jerking himself off.

Who have we killed?

No offense...

But that line of yours disgusts me.

My relatives did not go overseas during WW2 to kill off other countries. They went there to liberate countries.
My friends did not go to Vietnam to kill North Vienamese. They went there to liberate South Vietnam

We have more of our soldiers who died trying to help them buried on their land(s) than I can count.

Exaclty how many of their soldiers are buried on our land who lost their lives trying to help us?

Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Afganistan, etc.

I was in Nam and knew of none of them that I killed threatening America.
Did we even have any vietnamese acts of terrorism in america during that timeframe?

Enjoy your false moral outrage is you want. I deal in facts.

Last edited:
Getting a lecture from Putin on the messed up nature of the US political and economic debacles of the last three years is pretty rich, considering what goes on in Russia.

It is sort of like a yuppie being lectured by a homeless person stoned out of his mind on MD2020 on the importance of sobriety. The fact he is right just makes it twice as annoying.

Did we even have any vietnamese acts of terrorism in america during that timeframe?

Vietnam was the work of Democrat heroes LBJ and JFK.

Korea? are you out of your fucking mind? You know the ChiComs started it, right?

Wow. Just fucking wow

He is not too far from the truth

Americans are weak and lazy. They want all these programs and they don't want to pay for them.

Cut my taxes....and give me __________

Korea? are you out of your fucking mind? You know the ChiComs started it, right?

Wow. Just fucking wow

I dont believe USC was referring to "parties"...he was referrig to US foreign policy in general.

But...I dont agree with him as it pertains to the crap he spewed. Actually, I was quite insulted....

ROTF

Wow former enemy denigrates consumerism, I'm shocked

Didn't the Russian people revolt against the communists because they wanted more consumer goods like in the US?

He is not too far from the truth

Americans are weak and lazy. They want all these programs and they don't want to pay for them.

Cut my taxes....and give me __________

See what I mean about Putin and the American Left? The American Left is Putins sock puppet, usually you can't see Putin's lips move when the Left talks, but this time is an exception

Wow. Just fucking wow

You will never convince liberals of the truth in both the Vietnam and Korean wars. They prefer to coddle their leftist guilt rather than to admit that what we did was tried to prevent massacres on an unimaginable scale...that someone else started.

While Putin is right to say we danger the Global market by living beyond our means and spending what we don't have, he is extremely ignorant and arrogant to say we are a parasite on the global economy. For decades the world has benefited from our strong economy. In fact many countries are parasites on our economy, namely China, Korea, Japan, Mexico etc. Should we call Mother Russia a parasite on Europe's economy because they control Europe's energy? Maybe we should!

Russia is a parasite on Latin America, since they created the failed ideology of communism and then imported it to Latin America. Even after it was proven ineffective, countries like Venezuela still try to implement it and FAIL!!!

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin accused the United States Monday of living beyond its means "like a parasite" on the global economy and said dollar dominance was a threat to the financial markets.

"They are living beyond their means and shifting a part of the weight of their problems to the world economy,"

Surely we all see the irony in this, right? right?

I do wish they would translate names in news stories so we get a better understanding of what things mean.

Nasha is Russian for ours. Since that wasn't translated, you loose the context in the OP.

Hello? Putin has been ripping on the US for like a decade now. It would be news if he said something unapologetically positive about America. And no, he's not a Marxist.

Forum List

Back