Putin: USA is "Parasite" on Global Economy

grasslands

Jul 12, 2011
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin accused the United States Monday of living beyond its means "like a parasite" on the global economy and said dollar dominance was a threat to the financial markets.

"They are living beyond their means and shifting a part of the weight of their problems to the world economy," Putin told the pro-Kremlin youth group Nashi while touring its lakeside summer camp some five hours drive north of Moscow.

Putin says U.S. is parasite on global economy | Reuters

Ahh yes the view from the other side of the coin on US globalization.
And is pretty spot on as well.

We must learn to live with less.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin accused the United States Monday of living beyond its means "like a parasite" on the global economy and said dollar dominance was a threat to the financial markets.

"They are living beyond their means and shifting a part of the weight of their problems to the world economy," Putin told the pro-Kremlin youth group Nashi while touring its lakeside summer camp some five hours drive north of Moscow.

Putin says U.S. is parasite on global economy | Reuters

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3759-gv080211dapr20110802044516.jpg

Coming from Putin this means nothing.
The world has benefited from America for decades in almost every way imaginable.
All Putin is doing is once again throwing in the comment that the dollar shouldn't be the global currency...at best all he is doing is jerking himself off.

And thus the problem.

Americans love to have stuff.

And when they cant get it on their own or they opt not toget it on their own, they want the government to give it to them.

If I opted to not get flood insurance becuase I preferred to spend that 4K a year on a boat......do I have the right to complain if the government doesnt bail me out when a flood hits?

(like the use of words there? Boat, flood, bail me out.....)

Coming from Putin this means nothing.
The world has benefited from America for decades in almost every way imaginable.
All Putin is doing is once again throwing in the comment that the dollar shouldn't be the global currency...at best all he is doing is jerking himself off.

However...he speaks the truth.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

And a weather forecaster who predicts sunny days 365 days a year is right about 50% of the time.

Th
e deal initially soothed anxieties and led Russian stocks to jump to three-month highs, but jitters remained over the possibility of a credit downgrade.

"Thank god," Putin said, "that they had enough common sense and responsibility to make a balanced decision."

And thus the problem.

And when they cant get it on their own or they opt not toget it on their own, they want the government to give it to them.

If I opted to not get flood insurance becuase I preferred to spend that 4K a year on a boat......do I have the right to complain if the government doesnt bail me out when a flood hits?

yes, and it has been that insatiable appetite that has fed nations over the world boatloads of money. At the same time our military presence enables them not to have to have a defense budget.
Putin is an ass-clown who deserves not even a pause over anything he says.
The world has benefited from America is numerous ways for going on 4 generations.

True or not, what does it say about Obama's leadership? If the GOP hadn't become the majority in congress last fall the US would be sliding to oblivion with grinning Barry making jokes about "shovel ready jobs".

And thus the problem.

yes, and it has been that insatiable appetite that has fed nations over the world boatloads of money. At the same time our military presence enables them not to have to have a defense budget.
Putin is an ass-clown who deserves not even a pause over anything he says.
The world has benefited from America is numerous ways for going on 4 generations.

absolutely true....

But regardless, we have gotten ourselves in a bind due to our desire to have "stuff"

True or not, what does it say about Obama's leadership? If the GOP hadn't become the majority in congress last fall the US would be sliding to oblivion with grinning Barry making jokes about "shovel ready jobs".

New York sorta had the same problem with the Mafia..the US government is having with the Tea Party.

Major Wall Street Banks are Planning Huge Layoffs

10 Signs That Wall Street Is About To Go Into Panic Mode.

A "negative feedback loop" has "taken control" on Wall Street meaning that bad economic news is creating an "environment of pessimism" which creates even more bad economic news, etc. etc.

10 Signs That Wall Street Is About To Go Into Panic Mode

Yes.

And that's not from Panic..it's from greed.

Wall Street has been bleeding jobs for the last 11 years.

New York sorta had the same problem with the Mafia..the US government is having with the Tea Party.

Couldnt wait to jump on that bandwagon of hate...could ya.

So you are comparing a small, insignificant, unorganized, unintelligent, group of racists to the mafia......

Sounds like you are paranoid.

Forum List

Back