Purdue Pharmaceuticals Manipulated Opioid Policies Internationally

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
b23fe572-12e6-40fc-a475-48d36d56a067-AP_Opioid_Lawsuit_Nevada.JPG

This is really strange. I just got through watching the season finale of NCIS which was all about a young girl getting hooked on opioids. And almost dying from bad stuff coming over the border from Canada.

It’s not easy to succumb to the relief from pain they provide. I know first hand. I have some in my medicine cabinet and struggle every day to use Tylenol instead. It’s doesn’t provide the same relief, but I keeps me from being an addict.

But back to this article.

Arstechnica) OxyContin-maker Purdue Pharma used front organizations and sponsored research to deceive the World Health Organization and corrupt global public health policies with the goal of boosting international opioid sales and profits, according to a Congressional report(PDF) released Thursday, May 22.

The investigation identified two WHO guidance documents that appear to parrot some of Purdue’s misleading and outright false marketing claims about the safety and efficacy of their highly addictive opioids.

The findings, released by Reps. Katherine Clark (D-Mass.) and Hal Rogers (R-Ky.), land as the country is still grappling with an epidemic of opioid abuse and overdoses. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, opioid overdoses kill an average of 130 Americans every day.

The full story @ Purdue infiltrated WHO, manipulated opioid policies to boost sales, report finds

This is really strange. I just got through watching the season finale of NCIS which was all about a young girl getting hooked on opioids. And almost dying from bad stuff coming over the border from Canada.

It’s not easy to succumb to the relief from pain they provide. I know first hand. I have some in my medicine cabinet and struggle every day to use Tylenol instead. It’s doesn’t provide the same relief, but I keeps me from being an addict.

Arstechnica) OxyContin-maker Purdue Pharma used front organizations and sponsored research to deceive the World Health Organization and corrupt global public health policies with the goal of boosting international opioid sales and profits, according to a Congressional report(PDF) released Thursday, May 22.

The investigation identified two WHO guidance documents that appear to parrot some of Purdue’s misleading and outright false marketing claims about the safety and efficacy of their highly addictive opioids.

The findings, released by Reps. Katherine Clark (D-Mass.) and Hal Rogers (R-Ky.), land as the country is still grappling with an epidemic of opioid abuse and overdoses. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, opioid overdoses kill an average of 130 Americans every day.

The full story @ Purdue infiltrated WHO, manipulated opioid policies to boost sales, report finds

ONLY the federal gov't could screw something up as badly as this. I mean from handing these things out in big batches of hundreds and hundreds for mere headaches, to not even giving them in IV bags when you are in the HOSPITAL....not even in ICU.

So. Stupid. So stupid, again, only the government.....from one extreme to the other.

The Tylenol will kill you faster. It's the most dangerous mush on the planet.

Forum List

Back