Pulsatile Tinnitus

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I never heard of this before but I'm almost about a hundred percent sure I have this. I was just curious if anybody else had it and if they were able to pin down a cause or not with or without a doctor. I might have to go get it checked out though as I've only started noticing it recently.

I never heard of this before but I'm almost about a hundred percent sure I have this. I was just curious if anybody else had it and if they were able to pin down a cause or not with or without a doctor. I might have to go get it checked out though as I've only started noticing it recently.

Having been an artilleryman in the Army and shooting guns most of my life, I do hear all kinds of noises in my ears. Sometimes hissing, sometimes like crickets, sometimes throbbing, sometimes like electrical wires, sometimes a low-frequency hum.

You just learn to ignore it.

Y'all ever hear voices or music when a fan is on? It is phantom noise...your brain is trying to make sense of what the ears hear. Some have tinnitus. Some just like having noise when they sleep or study. I am the latter.

I read somewhere that when that ringing in your ears comes and goes...it means your brain is trying to heal itself. From what, I have no clue. I just like noise...white noise. And yes..I hear music once in awhile but its in my head..not really from any source except my ears trying to make sense of what it is hearing.

Google search:

Why do I hear music when my fan is on?

Answer: It is just producing fan noise. However, your brain modifies this fan noise so you perceive it as music. This happens because your brain is a pattern recognition machine. In other words, your brain tries to find meaning in all the sensory input it receives.

Forum List

Back