Public Option dead on Health Care, bill targets Baby boomers.

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Maple, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    It sounds like they are dropping the age limit to 55 for medicare and still cutting medicare by 500 billion a year. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Let me think about this for a minute. You dramatically increase the number of people on medicare but you cut the medicare program by about 500 billion. Sounds to me like they are attempting to kill off the baby boomers.

The death of the public option - THE WEEK

U.S. News & Opinion•Wednesday, December 9, 2009Comment Print Email
    Harry Reid is denying that the public option is dead.
    (EPA/Corbis/Matthew Cavanaugh)
    Best opinion: Wash. Post, Power Line, Open Left

For months, the "public option"—a plan for a government-run health insurance program that would compete with private coverage—has been the most contentious point in the health care debate. Many observers have speculated it could sink health care reform altogether. But in a surprise turn yesterday, Senate majority leader Harry Reid announced a compromise plan put together by 10 Democrats — five liberal and five centrist — that reportedly swaps the out the full-blown public option in the health care bill for a basket of smaller changes, such as creating privately-run nonprofit insurance providers and lowering the age of the Medicare eligibility from 65 to 55. Have conservatives just won a big battle against Obamacare--or does the new plan make Democrats more likely to accomplish their healthcare goals?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,866
    It's the new math. Don't worry, it will cut the deficit. Don't worry, we'll spend our way out of the recession. Don't worry, just die.

3. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,627
    I heard that on the news yesterday Maple. Leave it to the Clowns in DC. I'll bet Reid gave the farm away in order to get the comprimise. If he even got it. Guys a smuck.

Gotta luv ya Zander. Your probably right.

4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,894
    Pol Pot and Mao implemented the same system

5. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Don't be fooled Maple, the public option is still there, now it only kicks in if the scheme they have set up for now fails.....its hard to describe it but they are playing a shell game with the funding for their plan that will fail within a few years.

Taking funds from medicare to help pay for the new health bill, then adding people to medicare, then taking the same funds that came from medicare out of the health bill to fund the additional people who they are putting on medicare.

Circles...its wild....just like what they are doing with the tarp.

Here watch the first 2 min of the crazy man explaining it :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muy9jBdRYPk[/ame]

6. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I have an idea, how about, this, how about we actually take whats left over in that DIASTER of a stimulus bill and TARP which amounts to about 430 Billion and shore up MEDICARE. Theres and idea huh, actually trying to take a dept. that is in financial ruin and putting it in solid ground. Then once done, open Medicare up to those below the age limit to purcahse catastrophic coverage from Medicare, much like Life insurance. Then if those that want even more coverage i.e. on-going care let them purchase it anywhere in the nation the same way they can purchase a TV or pecans. Now let me see that took less than 1/4 of a page to write compared to 2000 plus.

7. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100
    People who are 55 can buy into Medicare. When it passes, it's 55. Maybe 6 years later it will be 52. Maybe in 9 years after that it will be 50. See where I'm going here? They get a foot in the door, and that's all it takes to end up with a public option...without it being a public option right now. No wonder this was laid into place behind closed doors, without any republicans in the room.
    Smoke and Mirrors.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Since they are CUTTING medicare to help free up money for the health care bill how are we affording the additional 30+ million who will be added?

we take the money from medicare, put it into the health bill, then take it from the health bill and put it back into medicare.....that is what you call a shell game and if you did this in private business you would go to jail.

It is in effect using your visa(medicare) to pay your mastercard(Health Care Bill) bill so you can use that mastercard(HCB) to pay your visa(M)....eventually it catches up and both the mastercard(HCB) and visa(m) "fail" to issue you more credit and your stuck with 2 bills you can't afford. NOw you have to cut up those 2 cards and get a loan (PUBLIC OPTION) to pay them both off

Stupid Washington People.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  9. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Don't you believe it.

10. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,870
    Unions pressure Democrats on health insurance tax - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – Union leaders, among the most passionate backers of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, pressed Democratic senators Thursday to drop a tax on high-value insurance plans to pay for remaking the nation's system.

Members of several labor unions denounced the proposed tax on so-called "Cadillac plans," arguing it wouldn't just hit CEOs but also middle-class Americans who did without salary increases to negotiate better health benefits.

"I support health care reform but I can't afford this tax," Valerie Castle Stanley, an AT&T call center worker and member of the Communications Workers of America, said at a news conference outside the Capitol. "For families like mine that are on a budget, the results will be devastating."

If you ain't paying, your not supporting. Hey you have options, just pay the fine.