Public Disrespect For The President

Politicians used to have respect for each other, there is no getting around the fact some need to grow up and act like adults.
At least Scott Walker does not act like a 4th grader.

I'm rather liking this..

Because the next time there's a republican in office..he can be heckled or whatever.

Maybe even impeached.

That would be a first.
That's why the old-guard Republicans (most of whom are gone) were always trying to bust SOME Dem, like Carter & Clinton......because Nixon was run-outta-D.C., and they wanted SOME kind of "revenge".....as would be expected from Elementary School kiddies.​

Obama is a U.S. Navy Seal now?
I didn't even think the limp-wrist knew how to operate a BB gun, nevermind personally take out Osama Bin Laden.
Watching baby Bush "tend" cattle in a pristine shirt, manicured nails, shiny new boots, without a drop of sweat on him was as funny as Dukakis in the tank.

CowboyBush.jpg

Your rhetoric and reality do not correspond.

Peach and reality are not acquainted.

Yes, I think it's a good thing. You should make this into a poll.

I have very little respect for this particular President.

But when I speak about him here at USMB I still refer to him as President Obama.

So, I don't know how I'd answer the poll questions.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-r...e-and-vastly-inferior-to-his-predecessor.html

OOOPPPS

He is the worst President in our history. He can't suck enough.

If your "point" was that I have failed a couple of times to call him "President Obama" you are right on the mark.

I have not been 100% consistent. But I have been VERY consistent all the same.

Bullshit. Obama called me and every other person who won't vote for him 'the enemy'.

Link? I'll be happy to admit that I was wrong, just need to see what you're referring to.
Obama Calls His Critics "Enemies"

Although, he did say later that he shouldn't have said that. Only after hearing about it ... a lot.

No President who cares more for the country than the party should have ever even had that thought enter their mind, let alone say it, let alone say it in public.

Thanks for the link, but not surprising you stretched the truth here a bit. Was what he said smart? Probably not, but to act like he said, "anyone who doesn't vote for me is the enemy" is a nice stretch. A for effort though. What he was referring to are people who are the enemy of immigration reform, not enemy of a person. Slight difference.

More of that fake outrage I see.

And the rebuke I have laid upon this President is NOTHING compared to the shit many many liberals here showered down upon President Bush.

(I sometimes referred to HIM as "W" too.)

She said "Obama is deliberately ratcheting up hate". He's not doing that, I know it and I think you know this as well.

ratcheting up hate is a bit strong.....ratcheting up a divide? Absolutely.

Now you tell me...is this really a good time to ratchet up a divide?

As you know...I was a business owner (love that "was" part of it)....

I felt very much attacked by the way he and the democratic congresspeople talked about business owners.

We never got kudos for creating jobs, working endless hours, risking all we had to make a go of it.....NEVER GOT RECOGNITION for paying the lions share of governemnt revenue..

No......we were told we werent doing our fair share.

You're a millionaire? Didn't realize that. If not, then I think we've now stretched the whole "he's ratcheting up the hate" thing a bit far, no?

Like I originally said, he's not doing what that partisan hack CG said. He may be guilty of lesser infractions but thats not what I was responding to.

CG a partisan hack?

Please. She is far from it. She is strong in her personal ideology...but by no means a partisan hack. I admire her for her convictions.

And no...I am not a millionaire.

But I make a hell of a lot more than 250K a year.....and that puts me in that category.

Little is discussed aboiut the millionaire taxc.

MUCH is discussed about those making 250K and more not paying their fair share.

Yes, I think it's a good thing. You should make this into a poll.

I have very little respect for this particular President.

But when I speak about him here at USMB I still refer to him as President Obama.

So, I don't know how I'd answer the poll questions.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-r...e-and-vastly-inferior-to-his-predecessor.html

OOOPPPS
Thanks for reminding me of that post. He did refer to Obama as President Obama. He referred to YOU as a blind, delusional, true-believer, liberal Obamessiah disciple.

That you are!

ratcheting up hate is a bit strong.....ratcheting up a divide? Absolutely.

Now you tell me...is this really a good time to ratchet up a divide?

As you know...I was a business owner (love that "was" part of it)....

I felt very much attacked by the way he and the democratic congresspeople talked about business owners.

We never got kudos for creating jobs, working endless hours, risking all we had to make a go of it.....NEVER GOT RECOGNITION for paying the lions share of governemnt revenue..

No......we were told we werent doing our fair share.

You're a millionaire? Didn't realize that. If not, then I think we've now stretched the whole "he's ratcheting up the hate" thing a bit far, no?

Like I originally said, he's not doing what that partisan hack CG said. He may be guilty of lesser infractions but thats not what I was responding to.

CG a partisan hack?

Please. She is far from it. She is strong in her personal ideology...but by no means a partisan hack. I admire her for her convictions.

But I make a hell of a lot more than 250K a year.....and that puts me in that category.

CG is the definition of a partisan hack. You admire her because she agrees with your viewpoints. If she was on the opposite side, like TM, you'd have plenty of issues with her. Let's be honest.

The whole "fair share" argument has been about people who are millionaires, not those making 250k, that was something leftover from the healthcare discussions. You're mixing things up to stretch the truth again. You're better than that.

When President Obama authorized the Navy SEALS to "take out" Osama bin Laden, was he assuming a whole lot of personal risk?

you know, that's a really good question. i don't know if he assumed a lot of personal risk. i presume it would have depended on what payback they could have wrought. what it did entail was huge professional risk. had he failed, he'd have been jimmy carter and the failed iran hostage rescue.

you know that's true.

There were risks and considerations. But that doesn't really change the fact that the risk to his personal safety was not significantly made much worse by virtue of that call.

See my prior post.

I'm not detracting from his decision at all. I applaud it.

And I am very happy that because of his decision to authorize the strike, bin Laden is moldering at the bottom of the ocean feeding the crabs.

what risk was there to any president's "personal safety" when they made the calls about war and peace. we haven't fought a war on our soil since lincoln.

just to point out ... the decision to go for bin laden was something all of his advisors warned him against for exactly the reasons i stated. it was politically brave.

and if we can agree on that one decision, that's more than i agreed with bush about during the 8 years of his presidency.

do i think he's a great president? no. i think he's ok... and certainly better than the alternative and better than any of the alternatives being offered now.

and before you say anything, remember, i voted for hillary in the primaries.

CG a partisan hack?

CG is the definition of a partisan hack. You admire her because she agrees with your viewpoints. If she was on the opposite side, like TM, you'd have plenty of issues with her. Let's be honest.

The whole "fair share" argument has been about people who are millionaires, not those making 250k, that was something leftover from the healthcare discussions. You're mixing things up to stretch the truth again. You're better than that.

No RDD...I am not stretching the truth.

Yes...I know....the fair share argument WAS about the millionaires...

But the media reported it as about the top 95%..

And the administration never tried to correct the record.

So sure...you are well informed...an independant thinker....you know the truth...

But most do not.

And as a side note...I do not intentionally mix thingts up to stretch the truth...and the fact that you claim that I am doing it "again" gives me reason to believe that I once again misjudged someone. My issue. Need to work on that.

As for CG.....I take offense to your claim that I see her as I do becuase I agree with her. That is the same as telling me that I am an immature debater. That has NEVER been my style onm here. I agree 100% with m14 and willow....but get in their face everytime I can becuase I see them as hacks.

And to the contrary.....I do not get in your face, or GT's or many others even though I see differently than they do.

Yep...I misjudged.

Let my guard down.

My mistake. But it saddens me.

you know, that's a really good question. i don't know if he assumed a lot of personal risk. i presume it would have depended on what payback they could have wrought. what it did entail was huge professional risk. had he failed, he'd have been jimmy carter and the failed iran hostage rescue.

you know that's true.

There were risks and considerations. But that doesn't really change the fact that the risk to his personal safety was not significantly made much worse by virtue of that call.

See my prior post.

I'm not detracting from his decision at all. I applaud it.

And I am very happy that because of his decision to authorize the strike, bin Laden is moldering at the bottom of the ocean feeding the crabs.

what risk was there to any president's "personal safety" when they made the calls about war and peace. we haven't fought a war on our soil since lincoln.

just to point out ... the decision to go for bin laden was something all of his advisors warned him against for exactly the reasons i stated. it was politically brave.

and if we can agree on that one decision, that's more than i agreed with bush about during the 8 years of his presidency.

do i think he's a great president? no. i think he's ok... and certainly better than the alternative and better than any of the alternatives being offered now.

and before you say anything, remember, i voted for hillary in the primaries.

I am searching (in vain, I guess) for the point of your post.

MY post -- to which you had responded -- suggested that there was no personal risk to the President in making the decision to authorize the taking out of bin Laden. It looks like we basically agree on that.

Now your latest point agrees with me that there was a certain amount of political courage inherent in President Obama's decision to authorize the action against bin Laden.

Then you advise us (as though I ever would have doubted it) that you agreed with nothing ever done by President Bush. Ok. So, you were steadfast in being close-minded.

That's it?

It's a wrap now?

Again, NO. But at least he allowed our military to kill the man who ordered the 9/11 attack. Obama approved the mission; the question is: WHY DIDN'T BUSH TAKE OUT OSAMA INSTEAD OF SADDAM? How many casualties were there when Obama ok'd the end of bin Laden? And The Hunt For The Man Who Threatened Poppy"?

When/Where did you serve? I see you're critical of those who haven't.
You are gonna jump on this one: Courts have ruled military families serve also. My father was career Navy.
He retired when I was 11; I asked to join the Navy, he replied "You're kidding, you don't the coordination, strength, or flexibility, you are going to college". I'm 5'1" 108 lbs. Once I was accepted at Harvard, though my mother noted the $8,000 I'd earned in scholarships would get me through a couple years at UF, if I lived at home (35 miles away), my father said "HARVARD, if we have to live in a ditch". I obeyed. My sister is a disabled Vet, Army.

NOW JUMP. (I lived at Mayport Naval Station for two years). So no, I never served.

You are the one that should jump. You attack bush for not serving.
You then claim membership in a military familiy. Did you know, and forget, Bush senior was in the military? So I guess you have to give Bush a pass now huh?

Forum List

Back