Psychological Assessment of Internet Trolls

Which valid point(s) is that?

That we have "simple minds"?
I told you, they don't answer direct questions.

They're not here to debate; they're here to pontificate.

I knew he would not answer, that is why I asked the question.

To make that point.
Oh, ZAP! You got me GOOD with that, right, dingbat? You have banished me from the world of non-trolldom. Maybe USMB will erect a monument to you!!!

And you still haven't answered the question, ie

"Which valid point(s) is that?

That we have "simple minds"?"

Being insulting instead of answering the question...

Are you starting to see a pattern here?
What fucking question are you talking about, and why should I care? In other words, I am really not doing you any sort of favor by legitimizing your warped sense of being by answering a question posed by someone like you, now am I, honey?

And this is the guy that tells us that there are no trolls.

:haha::haha::haha:

A psychiatrist, who's name I no longer recall, back when the Internet began came up with essentially the same theory you're discussing on this thread. His thinking was that psychopaths, hiding behind a screen and in complete anonymity, come out of the woodwork because they feel so empowered. These sociopaths are really evil people given the security of the Internet, but are quite timid in their everyday life. It's these individuals that lay in wait then spring their attack on posters and verbally (written) try to destroy them. Since learning of his theory, I've witnessed this on various forums. Often others on these threads will sit back and observe watching as a fellow poster tries to defend themselves. Once the dust kind of settles a bit, the fellow posters will sometimes come to their aid in support. It's after the damage has been done, however, and the poor victim has bled to death. But, that's life on the Internet, and we must lick our wounds and carry on as best we can. Wouldn't it be better though if we lived in a kinder world one with greater compassion for our fellow man?

No, it's more like they are annoying and you want to kick their arses and shove their heads up their arses just so they'll shut up with their stupidity. :D
Wind wonderful - Chrissy decided to show up. Chrissy, aka "One Whose Twat Spans Many Canyon" is about as useless as they come on this subject. She is a pure troll. I have it on very reliable authority that those pics she posts are not even of her.

Shove your head up your arse and do us all a favor.

Psychology is a science, but not an exact science. There are some Psychologist whom diagnosis incorrect, some times WAY INCORRECT, their patients ; or patients whom that they have not interviewed......but have only seen their medical file / medical information.

You have to interview a patient to make a diagnosis ; and do a full and compete history of the patient. You have to know their life, medical and/or social problems - private problems, medical history inside and out.

You don't look at a piece of paper or talk to someone for 10 minutes and make a diagnosis.

Shadow 355

Psychology is a science, but not an exact science. There are some Psychologist whom diagnosis incorrect, some times WAY INCORRECT, their patients ; or patients whom that they have not interviewed......but have only seen their medical file / medical information.

You have to interview a patient to make a diagnosis ; and do a full and compete history of the patient. You have to know their life, medical and/or social problems - private problems, medical history inside and out.

You don't look at a piece of paper or talk to someone for 10 minutes and make a diagnosis.

Shadow 355

That is true, but sometimes it is obvious when someone has some severe mental problems, like in the case of the person Mr. Correll was responding to. That poster is really, really messed up person, obviously.

Shadow 355

The linked study involved personality tests given to a good sized sample.

The conclusion is based on comparing "trolls" to the results of those tests.

The methodology seems reasonable to me.

Shadow 355

I think some trolls are probably just bored and wanting to have fun at someone else's expense or by just making a nuisance out of themselves and is not necessarily meaning they are suffering from a psychiatric illness. OTOH, there are some where it is quite obvious they are suffering from some kind of mental deficiency. :D

That poster is really, really messed up person, obviously.

Or a troll / a teenager ---> on their parents computer starting trouble.

** Delta4Embassy **

** Polar bear North. **

Two other ones I have doubts about, their intellectual ability, maturity and ability to be an adult displayed in hudereds of post.

Schit stirrers.

Shadow 355

Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists

"In this month's issue of Personality and Individual Differences, a study was published that confirms what we all suspected: Internet trolls are horrible people.
Those who troll successfully as a style and/or an art form, do so. Those who can't, write about trolling.

The definition of troll these so-called academics carry on about is unworthy of trolling on
Congratulations Dante! You're our 50th post. You win an assortment of prizes composed of but not limited to funny, informative, agree...

A psychiatrist, who's name I no longer recall, back when the Internet began came up with essentially the same theory you're discussing on this thread. His thinking was that psychopaths, hiding behind a screen and in complete anonymity, come out of the woodwork because they feel so empowered. These sociopaths are really evil people given the security of the Internet, but are quite timid in their everyday life. It's these individuals that lay in wait then spring their attack on posters and verbally (written) try to destroy them. Since learning of his theory, I've witnessed this on various forums. Often others on these threads will sit back and observe watching as a fellow poster tries to defend themselves. Once the dust kind of settles a bit, the fellow posters will sometimes come to their aid in support. It's after the damage has been done, however, and the poor victim has bled to death. But, that's life on the Internet, and we must lick our wounds and carry on as best we can. Wouldn't it be better though if we lived in a kinder world one with greater compassion for our fellow man?

No, it's more like they are annoying and you want to kick their arses and shove their heads up their arses just so they'll shut up with their stupidity. :D
Wind wonderful - Chrissy decided to show up. Chrissy, aka "One Whose Twat Spans Many Canyon" is about as useless as they come on this subject. She is a pure troll. I have it on very reliable authority that those pics she posts are not even of her.

You are failing to address my points and being an asshole (nothing personal). Thus, by the criteria set forth herein you, fuzz head, are a troll.

Shadow 355

That is true, but sometimes it is obvious when someone has some severe mental problems, like in the case of the person Mr. Correll was responding to. That poster is really, really messed up person, obviously.
Stop trying to flirt with me, you skank. I already told you that I am not interested in banging you.

Shadow 355

Well, if the methodology seems reasonable to someone of your caliber in the field of social research then I am sold on its validity!

What fucking question are you talking about, and why should I care? In other words, I am really not doing you any sort of favor by legitimizing your warped sense of being by answering a question posed by someone like you, now am I, honey?

Iron Head Troll
Was a foul mouthed soul
A foul mouthed soul was he
He chewed off his tit
Ate his own shit
Then posted at USMB with glee

Shadow 355

Stop trying to flirt with me, you skank. I already told you that I am not interested in banging you.

No one wants to bang you, you disease infested monkey!

You are failing to address my points and being an asshole (nothing personal). Thus, by the criteria set forth herein you, fuzz head, are a troll.

You're old, you're ugly, you have a disease, you're a racist, you probably smell like shit, your personality sucks, you're a complete jackass! You really need to work on your "trolling" because you are a quite transparent asshat. Not even intelligent enough to troll. Not to mention, you follow Delta around like a puppy because you want to do him! ;) That much is obvious. Lol.

Watch out for him, Delta. He is a disgusting disease ridden skanky whore. :p

You're old, you're ugly, you have a disease, you're a racist, you probably smell like shit, your personality sucks, you're a complete jackass! You really need to work on your "trolling" because you are a quite transparent asshat. Not even intelligent enough to troll. Not to mention, you follow Delta around like a puppy because you want to do him! ;) That much is obvious. Lol.

Watch out for him, Delta. He is a disgusting disease ridden skanky whore. :p
I got YOU on a leash!

Shadow 355

Bitch, please. You'd bang a donkey for an order of McNuggets.

Shadow 355

Bitch, please. You'd bang a donkey for an order of McNuggets.

Probably be a better and cleaner lay than you! Lol. Probably more pleasant to look at and talk to as well. :D

Forum List

Back