Psychological Assessment of Internet Trolls

This is total bullshit from a known whack job. There is no such thing as "trolls". Rather, it is a fiction created by people to mask their own feelings of insecurity. People feel more comfortable if they can label things that they do not like. It is a rather simplistic behavior that betrays a simple mind.
This subject hits a little too close to home, huh?
More "trolling" by billo. Quick, somebody report him to the mods!

This is total bullshit from a known whack job. There is no such thing as "trolls". Rather, it is a fiction created by people to mask their own feelings of insecurity. People feel more comfortable if they can label things that they do not like. It is a rather simplistic behavior that betrays a simple mind.

I was thinking the same thing when I read his post.
You and Bilbo are both exhibiting passive aggressive behavior and deflecting from my valid points. You are both trolling this site and should be banned! Stop your micro aggression.

You are not debating my point on your intelligence, or lack thereof. Therefore, YOUR behavior comports to that of a "troll".
You made a baseless accusation that I was too dumb to understand a trolls point of view.

So here's your chance. Prove me wrong. Give me 3 examples that show your conclusion was valid.
Three examples that you are dumb:

1. You are still arguing with me.

2. You give a shit what a stranger on the Internet says to you.

3. Your name is stupid.

I was thinking the same thing when I read his post.
You and Bilbo are both exhibiting passive aggressive behavior and deflecting from my valid points. You are both trolling this site and should be banned! Stop your micro aggression.

Which valid point(s) is that?

That we have "simple minds"?

A psychiatrist, who's name I no longer recall, back when the Internet began came up with essentially the same theory you're discussing on this thread. His thinking was that psychopaths, hiding behind a screen and in complete anonymity, come out of the woodwork because they feel so empowered. These sociopaths are really evil people given the security of the Internet, but are quite timid in their everyday life. It's these individuals that lay in wait then spring their attack on posters and verbally (written) try to destroy them. Since learning of his theory, I've witnessed this on various forums. Often others on these threads will sit back and observe watching as a fellow poster tries to defend themselves. Once the dust kind of settles a bit, the fellow posters will sometimes come to their aid in support. It's after the damage has been done, however, and the poor victim has bled to death. But, that's life on the Internet, and we must lick our wounds and carry on as best we can. Wouldn't it be better though if we lived in a kinder world one with greater compassion for our fellow man?

I told you, they don't answer direct questions.

They're not here to debate; they're here to pontificate.

I knew he would not answer, that is why I asked the question.

To make that point.
Oh, ZAP! You got me GOOD with that, right, dingbat? You have banished me from the world of non-trolldom. Maybe USMB will erect a monument to you!!!

To make that point.
Oh, ZAP! You got me GOOD with that, right, dingbat? You have banished me from the world of non-trolldom. Maybe USMB will erect a monument to you!!!

And you still haven't answered the question, ie

"Which valid point(s) is that?

That we have "simple minds"?"

Being insulting instead of answering the question...

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

A psychiatrist, who's name I no longer recall, back when the Internet began came up with essentially the same theory you're discussing on this thread. His thinking was that psychopaths, hiding behind a screen and in complete anonymity, come out of the woodwork because they feel so empowered. These sociopaths are really evil people given the security of the Internet, but are quite timid in their everyday life. It's these individuals that lay in wait then spring their attack on posters and verbally (written) try to destroy them. Since learning of his theory, I've witnessed this on various forums. Often others on these threads will sit back and observe watching as a fellow poster tries to defend themselves. Once the dust kind of settles a bit, the fellow posters will sometimes come to their aid in support. It's after the damage has been done, however, and the poor victim has bled to death. But, that's life on the Internet, and we must lick our wounds and carry on as best we can. Wouldn't it be better though if we lived in a kinder world one with greater compassion for our fellow man?

No, it's more like they are annoying and you want to kick their arses and shove their heads up their arses just so they'll shut up with their stupidity. :D

To make that point.

And you still haven't answered the question, ie

"Which valid point(s) is that?

That we have "simple minds"?"

Being insulting instead of answering the question...

Are you starting to see a pattern here?
What fucking question are you talking about, and why should I care? In other words, I am really not doing you any sort of favor by legitimizing your warped sense of being by answering a question posed by someone like you, now am I, honey?

No, it's more like they are annoying and you want to kick their arses and shove their heads up their arses just so they'll shut up with their stupidity. :D
Wind wonderful - Chrissy decided to show up. Chrissy, aka "One Whose Twat Spans Many Canyon" is about as useless as they come on this subject. She is a pure troll. I have it on very reliable authority that those pics she posts are not even of her.

Forum List

Back