Protests.

No, I think there was a point to the OP. And I hope the thread starter was being tongue-in-cheek with the racist bit. :) If not, well the thread isn't about racism. The thread is about entitlement. Not just entitlement but hypocritical entitlement of the sort that demands payment for wrongs done to our ancesters but no responsibility to repair any harm our own ancesters might have done.

The OP is correct that what was then is not now. We can't correct most of what was then. We can assume responsibility to make our now a better time and place.

So free speech for everyone...with exceptions?

Two Thumbs, facts are facts. Get real, look around in the REAL world. certain groups wont work and just prefer a handout and when refused, play the race card, over and over again. Sad there are so many nit wit's falling for this "race card" act and give in just to appease.

Uh, who played the race card here?

Well, with Obumba here in LA yesterday, it was nothing but a farce. The annoying part about watching the news last night was not the protesters and what they want, but the group of Armenian protesters. Our country is in a mess, in fact a shambles and there were protesters protesting about gas, jobs, economy and points that are effecting our daily lives. But, there would be some morons protesting that the US govt does not recognize the genocide "committed " by the Turks. That was 100yrs ago. It was then known as the Ottoman Empire and these fools, who probably never had any family members involved are yapping away about this nonsense. This country has more important things to worry about than some small group of people with too much time on their hands, who wont assimilate and live in the past. Wow, I'm 50% native, 50% white, I don't go running to places like this crying how the white man killed woman and children and the Govt better own up to it and scream for reparations like other folks like to do. It's in the past, move on we have more problems at the moment than worry about something that took part about 100yrs ago and has nothing to do with this country.

I obviously haven't been paying attention so I had to look it up:

Thousands join in protest calling on Obama to honor Armenian Genocide pledge : Public Radio of Armenia

I found this interesting:

"As President Obama embarks on his re-election campaign, the Armenian American community, anti-genocide activists, and people of good conscience are still waiting for him to demonstrate Presidential leadership to fulfill his 2008 promise by reaffirming the Armenian Genocide," stated ANCA Western Region Chairman Andrew Kzirian.

Serj Tankian led the energized crowd in chants of “As President, I will recognize the Genocide,” referencing Obama’s January 18, 2008 statement pledging to call this evil by its rightful name.

Obama needs to keep track of his campaign promises.

Sorry, but I think he's had a few more important things on his plate.

No, I think there was a point to the OP. And I hope the thread starter was being tongue-in-cheek with the racist bit. :) If not, well the thread isn't about racism. The thread is about entitlement. Not just entitlement but hypocritical entitlement of the sort that demands payment for wrongs done to our ancesters but no responsibility to repair any harm our own ancesters might have done.

The OP is correct that what was then is not now. We can't correct most of what was then. We can assume responsibility to make our now a better time and place.

Nope. Free speech for everyone with no exceptions. But if you can express your opinion about what a member should be concerning himself/herself with, isn't it fair to express an opinion about what you should be concerning yourself with?

Okay so I hope we're all on the same page here now whether we agree with what's written or not. I personally don't think ANY of us are racist though there do seem to be quite a few ethnicities represented here.

I am the queen of anti-PC. I figure nobody has the right to hide behind hypersensitivity because of their race, ethnicity, country of origin, or whatever. If it's okay for a black person or Hispanic or whatever to call another black person or Hispanic or whatever a 'whatever', I see it as okay for everybody to call that person a 'whatever'. It is okay to say that there is a certain group within a group of black people or Native Americans or white liberals or back country rednecks or whatever that fit the stereotypical image of such groups because such groups do exist.

Where I draw the line and where I think we all draw the line is in tarring everybody with the same brush just because they are black, white, or womething else.

And it is STILL as wrong for a group of Armenians to demand reparations or apology for something that happened generations ago as it is for me to demand that you guys repair damage done to my Irish ancesters when they first came to this country and were treated shabbily. Those incidents had nothing to do with me. Or you. And its done and can't be fixed now. The best we can do is acknowledge those uncommendable parts of our history and not repeat it.

Did Obama promise them reparations or to just acknowledge the genocide by formal resolution? I don't remember this at all, but ironically, the Indian Nations still think we also owe them reparations, if my memory is correct, which actually would make this entire thread rather moot.

And FoxFyre, you are of Irish heritage, so then you will know about the great potato famine, where the British starved the Irish and the only thing left were potatoes....as you say, I don't see the Irish yelling about it. Yeah, They formed he IRA and they committed MODERN day atrocities against civilian people, but you don't hear the British yelling about an apology....It's one viscous circle with too many ripple effects.

The Irish came to America in droves because of the famine. You know, early immigrants who were cloistered in dirty environments which you would have hated just as much as Mexicans.

There's also probably more important things to do than log in to personally insult a member for starting a perfectly legitimate thread.

The tone was evident, and proven by the second and third posts. She's a trouble-maker, period.

Nope. Free speech for everyone with no exceptions. But if you can express your opinion about what a member should be concerning himself/herself with, isn't it fair to express an opinion about what you should be concerning yourself with?

Huh? Is that one of those known-knowns?? :lol:

Two Thumbs, facts are facts. Get real, look around in the REAL world. certain groups wont work and just prefer a handout and when refused, play the race card, over and over again. Sad there are so many nit wit's falling for this "race card" act and give in just to appease.

And I am sick and tired of them using the race card. I never owned a slave nor have I killed an American native. I am not guilty. I am not responsible for any acts committed by the people who lived here before my birth.

Wrong Maggie. Just to correct you. We are not "Indians". We are Native Americans or if you know what tribe a person is from, then you refer to them by their ethnicity per tribe. See, that idiot Christopher Columbus thought he was in India and thats where "Red Indian" comes from. Kinda offensive. See, I can also throw out Native slogans but it's not my style. But, I suppose you've heard these.

Protect our borders. Ask any native American what happens when you don't protect your borders.

Illegal immigration started in 1492.

Paradox.
Why do we have to prove driver insurance and some don't have to prove legal status.

Last edited:
Wrong Maggie. Just to correct you. We are not "Indians". We are Native Americans or if you know what tribe a person is from, then you refer to them by their ethnicity per tribe. See, that idiot Christopher Columbus thought he was in India and thats where "Red Indian" comes from. Kinda offensive. See, I can also throw out Native slogans but it's not my style. But, I suppose you've heard these.

Protect our borders. Ask any native American what happens when you don't protect your borders.

Illegal immigration started in 1492.

That's not immigration. Europeans did not assimilate into the existing culture. They were colonizing and conquering. It is also what many groups are attempting to do in the US and Europe today.

Mr Liberty, I'm not scared to say what I feel. Those groups are Musilms. Anyone can come kiss my hot tight Choctaw ass if they think I will conform or even give this Sharia law a second thought. We have been too busy over the years to make immigrants feel at home and they have taken it over the top. If they dont like our laws, our culture, in fact if they dont like Uncle Sam and what he represents, bye bye....back to poverty and the desert. We never aked them to come, it was their choice. Hats off to France for banning head dress. Time we did that here and show them who is in charge and where they are. WAIT....The ACLU will sue.

All
Criminals
Love
Us

There was no country here in 1492. Just land occupied by tribal groups that might or might not have fared as well if they had not resisted invasion by the Europeans. But the fact is humankind of all colors has been making war upon each other, taking each other's land, property, lives for as long as there have been people on Earth. The Native Americans who aren't really the first natives but took the land from people who existed here before them. And the Native Americans certainly have not always been kind to each other with village warring upon village or tribe upon tribe with the vanquished often treated quite horribly.

So we can mishmash our histories until we are blue in the face and try to make this group or that group the ultimate villain, but the fact is none of us killed buffalo, none of us gave diseases to Native Americans, none of us sent anybody to a reservation, none of us owned slaves, none of us denied Irish or Italians or Asian people a job anywhere.

And none of us condone that. And because none of us did that nor condoned nor allowed that, none of us are liable.

But I guarantee you, if anybody is due reparation or apology for the history of their family, we all most likely are due reparation or apology somewhere in the history of our families.

Last edited:

And I am sick and tired of them using the race card. I never owned a slave nor have I killed an American native. I am not guilty. I am not responsible for any acts committed by the people who lived here before my birth.

What a novel idea.

Mr Liberty, I'm not scared to say what I feel. Those groups are Musilms. Anyone can come kiss my hot tight Choctaw ass if they think I will conform or even give this Sharia law a second thought. We have been too busy over the years to make immigrants feel at home and they have taken it over the top. If they dont like our laws, our culture, in fact if they dont like Uncle Sam and what he represents, bye bye....back to poverty and the desert. We never aked them to come, it was their choice. Hats off to France for banning head dress. Time we did that here and show them who is in charge and where they are. WAIT....The ACLU will sue.

All
Criminals
Love
Us

Gladly. :eusa_angel:

(sorry....I'm a bit of a flirt)

Forum List

Back